Vine - News, Features, and Slideshows
With 2014 almost over, Microsoft has released its lists of the top searches on Bing and, so far, Apple's iPhone 6, Facebook and Kim Kardashian are the year's big winners.
By Sharon Gaudin | 02 December, 2014 07:17
The National Security Agency Monday defended its data collection practices amid revelations that almost 90% of the data it sweeps up involves ordinary Internet users not suspected of crimes.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 08 July, 2014 06:34
Twitter has decided to clamp down on the posting of explicit sexual content on its Vine video-sharing service.
By John Ribeiro | 07 March, 2014 04:59
Twitter became an Internet phenomenon as a tool for posting short text messages, but now it also wants to feature multimedia content more prominently.
By Zach Miners | 29 October, 2013 21:25
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Cybercrime is now a leading menace of 21st century businesses. Perhaps even more unsettling, many cybercrime victims have been breached despite sizeable security investments and best-of-breed product deployments. For this reason, the sophistication of recent attacks has created a widespread sense of fear and distrust among consumers.
- US Senate blocks NSA surveillance reform bill
- Amazon rules Gartner's magical box
- Google gives Android developers new tools for tracking app performance
- Microsoft offers Windows 10 carrot, threatens with stick
- US Senate leader pushes to extend NSA phone dragnet
- IBM defends use of temp visa workers
- Marines test augmented reality battlefield
- Pebble Time smartwatch to begin shipping on May 27
- Adblock browsers for Android and iOS to keep mobile ads, tracking at bay
- Torque G02 smartphone doesn't mind a saltwater dunk
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, May 22
- Factory reset in Android phones leaves sensitive user data behind
- Secom security drone follows, photographs intruders
- Alibaba's UC Browser found leaking users' data
- Freelance hacking site vows to clean up dodgy listings