virtualization - News, Features, and Slideshows
virtualization in pictures
When people think of network virtualization, the advantages that come to mind typically include faster provisioning of networks, easier management of networks and more efficient use of resources. But network virtualization can have another major benefit as well: security.
By Brandon Butler | 15 September, 2014 23:24
Apple on Wednesday flipped the switch on its new iCloud storage plan prices, and added iCloud Drive to a beta version of the icloud.com website.
By Gregg Keizer | 11 September, 2014 23:05
The Treasury Corporation of Victoria (TCV), which manages the state's funding requirements and provides financial services and advice to government agencies, is planning to overhaul its storage area network, issuing a request for tender over the weekend.
By Adam Bender | 08 September, 2014 15:18
Melbourne-based superannuation provider SuperPartners has used service virtualization to conduct systems testing, leading to a reduction in testing times and increased IT productivity.
By Hamish Barwick | 01 September, 2014 10:38
Squeezing software cost savings from virtualization projects is tricky for lots of reasons, but can be particularly challenging when it comes to Oracle databases. Here's why, and some tips to help.
By Robert L. Mitchell | 07 May, 2014 20:46
Between complex licenses and the cloud, Microsoft, Oracle, and SAP have lots of ways to hike up prices. Here's how to fight back
By Robert L. Scheier | 13 January, 2014 11:07
The firewall in decades past was mainly the port-based guardian of the Internet. Now vendors are vying to build so-called "next-generation firewalls" that are "application-aware" because they can monitor and control access based on application use.
By Ellen Messmer | 27 June, 2013 17:13
Whitepapers about virtualization
If you're like most businesses, data loss is not an option. That's why you need a protection strategy for your VNX that includes backup. This whitepaper details the best options out there for enhanced data protection. For backup to be protection of the last resort, it must reside on reliable and cost- effective protection storage. With the industry's most efficient deduplication, you can store months of backups on disk and quickly recover the data you need when you need it. Built-in data integrity protection includes end-to-end data verification, fault-detection and self-healing, and ensures recovery every time.
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
Although government agencies invest large sums of money into their IT defenses, an unknowing user can help adversaries dethrone even the most regal of security systems, that's why proper precautions are needed in expanding your mobile strategies. Read more
- j2 Global acquires Web24 Group for undisclosed sum
- Lyft acquires ride-sharing startup Hitch
- TasWater archives to deal with data deluge
- Telstra plans hook up to Equinix Australian data centres
- In Pictures: The wild world of workplace wearables
- In Pictures: Inside a thriving Shenzhen market for used iPhones
- In Pictures: NASA’s human space flight return
- VDSL2 standards for NBN to clean up interference
- TPG revenue soars, ISP releases FTTB plan details
- Crashing Apple's iOS 8 party
- Shanghai authorities ban government officials' use of iPhone
- Lenovo to cough up $100 refunds, $250 vouchers to settle IdeaPad suit
- Pertino adds management, tracking apps to its service
- Early iPhone 6 usage 8x higher than iPhone 6 Plus
- Ex-Cisco employee pleads guilty to second-degree murder in ‘Google Maps case'