VMware - News, Features, and Slideshows
VMware in pictures
Breaking up is hard to do, but could a split be in store soon for EMC and VMware?
By Brandon Butler | 23 July, 2014 05:16
Big Switch Networks this week is unveiling an SDN controller designed to bring Google-like hyperscale networking to enterprises.
By Jim Duffy | 22 July, 2014 23:08
Most of the higher-speed Internet connections used by businesses these days require fiber-optic cabling, but Alcatel-Lucent's Bell Labs division claimed this week to have reached 10Gbps using nothing but new transmission technology and ordinary copper wiring.
By Jon Gold | 11 July, 2014 02:30
The hybrid Cloud seems to be what everyone wants to get to. End users seem to like the idea of using a public Cloud, like Amazon Web Services for its large scale and low-cost. But they're not willing to put everything up in AWS's cloud, so there are on-premises Clouds for mission-critical and extra secure information.
By Brandon Butler | 09 July, 2014 03:39
VMware is for the first time inviting anyone to beta test the next version of vSphere, the company's virtualization platform.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 02 July, 2014 21:51
After encountering problems last year selling its newest smartphones, BlackBerry has shifted to a stronger focus on the enterprise, especially through distribution of its BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 mobility management client software.
By Matt Hamblen | 09 May, 2014 04:48
Squeezing software cost savings from virtualization projects is tricky for lots of reasons, but can be particularly challenging when it comes to Oracle databases. Here's why, and some tips to help.
By Robert L. Mitchell | 07 May, 2014 20:46
As mobile device management continues to morph, consider what's 'good enough' for what you need right now -- and don't neglect the user experience, whatever else you do.
By Robert L. Mitchell | 23 January, 2014 12:12
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
"The F5 firewall came up aces, maxing out network capacity while also offering sophisticated filtering and attack protection capabilities" slide. Read this network World performance test
- Apple faces privacy suit following Chinese TV report
- Government pushes website blocks to fight piracy
- New guide aims to remove the drama of reporting software flaws
- 'Canvas fingerprinting' tracking is sneaky but easy to halt
- Baidu reports strong mobile ad sales, echoing Facebook
- ASX-listed Bitcoin miner hails results
- UNSW researchers see future for Oculus Rift in engineering
- IoT inspires new components for energy, wireless
- Bitcoin: Addressing concerns over a 51% attack
- In Pictures: 14 must-have iPhone, iPad travel apps
- Newegg takes pre-orders for Samsung's first 3D Pro SSD
- New SSL server rules go into effect Nov. 1
- Wolfram fortifies SystemModeler with more libraries
- State Department computer crash slows visa, passport applications worldwide
- State Dept. database crash leads to passport, visa delays