VMware - News, Features, and Slideshows
VMware in pictures
A group of 38 mayors and other elected officials from cities like Boston, Seattle, and Kansas City Thursday urged the FCC to strike down state laws that restrict the development of public high-speed Internet services and allow municipal networks to flourish.
By Jon Gold | 30 January, 2015 05:37
The newest feature added to VMware's vCloud Air public cloud is the ability to spin virtual machines up and down with just a few clicks and pay for them by the hour.
By Brandon Butler | 21 January, 2015 07:39
Would EMC ever split up its federation of EMC, VMware, RSA, Pivotal and now VCE? According to Jeremy Burton, president of products and marketing at EMC, no.
By Brandon Butler | 16 January, 2015 07:40
Network World's analysis of publicly listed sponsors of 36 prominent open-source non-profits and foundations reveals that the lion's share of financial support for open-source groups comes from a familiar set of names.
By Jon Gold | 10 January, 2015 02:05
It hasn't been lost on the IT vendor community and IT professionals that Cisco is absent from the VMware EVO:RAIL partner program. With all of the powerhouses participating in the program, you'd think that Cisco would jump right into the mix. Considering Cisco's growth in the server market and the fact that it doesn't currently have its own storage play, this opportunity appears to be ideal for Cisco.
By Mark Bowker | 13 December, 2014 07:21
After encountering problems last year selling its newest smartphones, BlackBerry has shifted to a stronger focus on the enterprise, especially through distribution of its BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 mobility management client software.
By Matt Hamblen | 09 May, 2014 04:48
Finding a needle in a hay stack is hard, but the task pales in comparison to finding a specific needle in a pile of needles. Selecting the ideal Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution can feel just as daunting. ERP represents a serious investment for any organisation and is vital to future success. This report explores the strategies organisations are employing to find the right ERP fit that will give them the tools they need to thrive.
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, January 30
- Military-funded robots can learn by watching YouTube
- Turn your whistling into song with the tap of an app
- PayPal’s BattleHack comes to Australia for a second time
- VPN providers play 'cat-and-mouse' with China's growing censorship
- Data retention inquiry kept in the dark on costs
- A look at real-time brain-to-exoskeleton information transmission
- Facebook tests delivering tips about your location
- How three small credit card transactions could reveal your identity
- Data retention to involve 'petabytes of data' for Vodafone
- Citrix's 900 job cuts seen as 'defensive' move
- Amazon returns to profit as holiday sales soar
- Uber passenger who alleged Delhi rape sues in US
- Microsoft said to invest in Android maker Cyanogen
- Reddit handed over user info for 58% of government requests