VMware - News, Features, and Slideshows
VMware in pictures
VMware has created an entirely new virtualization platform for running containers.
By Brandon Butler | 10 September, 2015 22:54
VMware is playing catch-up with Amazon and Microsoft -- and playing to its strengths in the hybrid cloud market.
By Brandon Butler | 02 September, 2015 15:47
While the idea of network virtualization has been around a while, it has not been adopted in the enterprise as quickly as virtualization for servers. Now, VMware, one of the biggest proponents of virtualizing the entire data center, is touting one tangible benefit to the virtual network: better security.
By Joab Jackson | 02 September, 2015 00:23
Despite their years-long rivalry, Microsoft and VMware have teamed in a new partnership that's part of Microsoft's collaborative strategy shift.
By Blair Hanley Frank | 01 September, 2015 22:37
<a href="http://www.prweb.net/Redirect.aspx?id=aHR0cDovL2RjaHEuY28v">DCHQ</a> is a startup building software for enterprises using Docker for application deployment and lifecycle management. Founded by MIT graduate Amjad Afanah, who formerly managed application automation offerings for <a href="http://www.vmwareinc.com/">VMware</a> and cloud management solutions for Oracle, DCHQ is looking to fill a very important space: while every forward-looking IT department on the planet sees containers in general and Docker in particular as the way forward, there is a lack of mature management tools with which to keep everything in check. True there are a number of different products looking to fill space, but there is no dominant player, or group of players, as yet.
By Ben Kepes | 14 August, 2015 04:04
In today's extremely fast-paced IT economy, there is no time to sit on your hands. This is particularly true of the converged and hyper-converged market. ESG Senior Analyst Colm Keegan and I are seeing tremendous innovation taking place in the space, with an insane amount of money changing hands--between investors pouring silly amounts of money into emerging technologies and IT professionals doubling down in their investments in converged/hyper-converged systems.
By Mark Bowker | 19 March, 2015 06:30
<em>This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.</em>
By By Jerry McLeod, VP of business development, HotLink | 10 February, 2015 07:43
During the past week VMware has been making power play moves in the Cloud computing market to position its offering as the premier enterprise hybrid Cloud computing platform. As it does so, however, analysts question how well the grand plan VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger has put together stacks up with heavyweights of the cloud computing market, most specifically Microsoft and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
By Brandon Butler | 04 February, 2015 06:59
Unstructured data formats are much harder to search and analyse than databases or simple text. In this context, ‘big data’ is a challenge, not an advantage. This whitepaper looks at how you can apply a data-centric approach across diverse business areas and shows how, having cracked open the content of unstructured data, your organisation can develop processes and competencies that will reduce costs, improve efficiency and deliver new sources of business value.
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
Airbnb chose Akamai as the partner to help them build the capabilities they needed to grow and scale their business, without sacrificing the customer experience that was key to their success. According to CTO Nathan Blecharzyk, Airbnb chose Akamai to support their rapidly-growing business because of Akamai’s ability to deliver large media files safely and securely across the globe, allowing them to scale the business as demand increased.
- LogMeIn buying password manager LastPass
- Wi-Fi Alliance reaches for peace over unlicensed LTE
- 7 warnings to heed before a cloud migration
- Facebook splits React library across Web and mobile
- US will not seek legislation against encryption
- Apple removes apps from store that could spy on your data traffic
- Alibaba sets up second data center in the US in $1B cloud expansion
- New California law requires warrants for access to private communications
- Many vulnerabilities in older Huawei 3G routers won't get patched
- New AWS tools give developers high-powered instances, better container support and more
- Qualcomm enters server CPU market with 24-core ARM chip
- Quick iPhone 6S case review: Ballistic Tungsten Tough
- AWS re:Invent 2015: Amazon aims to make AWS a better home for IoT devices
- Dell's next 'AFTE' software robot will offer cognitive intelligence
- Adidas to 3D print custom insoles in sneakers