VMware - News, Features, and Slideshows
VMware in pictures
Bring your own device (BYOD) has become an accepted practice in business. Gartner predicts that by 2017, half of all employers will require workers to supply their own devices for work. Yet there are mixed reports about whether BYOD actually saves businesses money.
By Nancy Gohring | 12 November, 2014 22:38
Amazon Web Services is in a unique position in the cloud computing market. It has been anointed the market leader in IaaS, with a scale and spectrum of services offered from its cloud that is unmatched by any other company. Researchers have recently estimated that AWS's Iaas cloud revenue is 30x that of Microsoft Azure's.
By Brandon Butler | 11 November, 2014 07:56
EMC has continued its push into hybrid Clouds, buying three startups and introducing a package of hardware, software and services for getting a Cloud up and running.
By Stephen Lawson | 29 October, 2014 02:04
After three years in stealth, an Andreessen Horowitz-backed startup named Bracket Computing launched a new computing system today that aims to make the public cloud more palatable for security-sensitive enterprises.
By Brandon Butler | 23 October, 2014 05:14
After encountering problems last year selling its newest smartphones, BlackBerry has shifted to a stronger focus on the enterprise, especially through distribution of its BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 mobility management client software.
By Matt Hamblen | 09 May, 2014 04:48
Squeezing software cost savings from virtualization projects is tricky for lots of reasons, but can be particularly challenging when it comes to Oracle databases. Here's why, and some tips to help.
By Robert L. Mitchell | 07 May, 2014 20:46
As mobile device management continues to morph, consider what's 'good enough' for what you need right now -- and don't neglect the user experience, whatever else you do.
By Robert L. Mitchell | 23 January, 2014 12:12
In this White Paper, IDC offers up some quantifiable benefits that Asian enterprises have observed as a result of deploying backup and recovery solutions. · Many enterprises are finding that the backup and recovery processes and technologies that they have implemented have not kept pace with the demands of the business · IDC identifies how organizations can experience savings and improvements from the deployment of different types of technologies · The benefits fall into three categories: storage environment cost savings; end-user productivity enhancements; and IT staff productivity optimization
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTAcquisition Marketing ExceutiveNSW
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
Bolstered by favorable economics, today’s global botnets are using distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks to target firewalls, web services, and applications, often simultaneously. This DDoS threat spectrum includes conventional network attacks, HTTP and SSL floods, and an emerging wave of low-bandwidth threats, plus the new threat vectors likely to target emerging service platforms.
- 129 out of 150 A/NZ websites fail Online Trust Alliance audit
- NSA privacy director defends agency's surveillance
- Slack now letting employers tap workers' private chats
- Would Amazon Web Services ever build an on-premise private cloud?
- Google to Apps users: take more responsibility for protecting your accounts
- Attack of the one-letter programming languages
- AMD tablet development stalls as priorities change
- SMBs get their very own Salesforce app store
- Global Forum: Innovation creates opportunity, causes disruption
- Apple turns 25 apps (Red) in campaign to fight AIDS
- Thwarting attackers with threat intelligence
- Segmenting for security: Five steps to protect your network
- Breaking up Google is just one possible antritrust option, EU lawmakers say
- 5 essentials of effective cloud data integration, a customer perspective
- 'Less' means more to malware authors targeting Linux users