VMware - News, Features, and Slideshows
VMware in pictures
VMware is in the midst of turbulent times: It announced 800 layoffs this week and the departure of its CFO; the merger of its parent company EMC with Dell is hanging over its head; its vCloud Air public Cloud has had fits and starts. But CEO Pat Gelsinger is banking on this one network virtualisation feature to help turn the company’s fortunes around.
By Brandon Butler | 28 January, 2016 07:05
Just months after announcing plans to merge its cloud business with EMC’s Virtustream, VMware said today that it is backing out of the deal.
By Brandon Butler | 14 December, 2015 20:10
New release of ACI and NX-OS software intended to further extend capabilities for multivendor environments
By Jim Duffy | 03 December, 2015 16:00
<a href="http://www.prweb.net/Redirect.aspx?id=aHR0cDovL2RjaHEuY28v">DCHQ</a> is a startup building software for enterprises using Docker for application deployment and lifecycle management. Founded by MIT graduate Amjad Afanah, who formerly managed application automation offerings for <a href="http://www.vmwareinc.com/">VMware</a> and cloud management solutions for Oracle, DCHQ is looking to fill a very important space: while every forward-looking IT department on the planet sees containers in general and Docker in particular as the way forward, there is a lack of mature management tools with which to keep everything in check. True there are a number of different products looking to fill space, but there is no dominant player, or group of players, as yet.
By Ben Kepes | 14 August, 2015 04:04
In today's extremely fast-paced IT economy, there is no time to sit on your hands. This is particularly true of the converged and hyper-converged market. ESG Senior Analyst Colm Keegan and I are seeing tremendous innovation taking place in the space, with an insane amount of money changing hands--between investors pouring silly amounts of money into emerging technologies and IT professionals doubling down in their investments in converged/hyper-converged systems.
By Mark Bowker | 19 March, 2015 06:30
<em>This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.</em>
By By Jerry McLeod, VP of business development, HotLink | 10 February, 2015 07:43
During the past week VMware has been making power play moves in the Cloud computing market to position its offering as the premier enterprise hybrid Cloud computing platform. As it does so, however, analysts question how well the grand plan VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger has put together stacks up with heavyweights of the cloud computing market, most specifically Microsoft and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
By Brandon Butler | 04 February, 2015 06:59
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTPHP ProgrammerSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- FTIT Security Governance ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
One of the biggest use cases for the cloud – in fact, the biggest, in the case of hosted private cloud – is for backup and disaster recovery. This white paper explores why the Cloud is well suited for Disaster Recovery and what organisations need to consider to ensure that Cloud DR is right for them.
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Dragula looks to take the bite out of drag-and-drop
- Mozilla sets kill date for Firefox OS on phones
- LTE-U’s cold war may be thawing, as field testing commences ahead of summit
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Fed up with bogus computer support calls, man turns tables on scammers
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
- SamsaraJS: Famo.us fork juices mobile Web UIs
- UN panel backs WikiLeaks' Julian Assange, but he may not go free
- The Neutrino exploit kit has a new way to detect security researchers
- 7 smartphone trends to watch this year
- What businesses need to know about Privacy Shield
- Box makes it easier for businesses to control encryption of cloud data