As Australians eagerly await the outcome of the federal government’s proposed mandatory Internet filter the software industry is already preparing for an imminent deluge in products and services to circumvent any content restrictions. Here are ten free options Web surfers can look at to get around the filter – and they just happen to be legal, for now. Of course, that’s not to say the Web-based circumvention services won’t themselves be added to the infamous blacklist.
vpn - News, Features, and Slideshows
vpn in pictures
Opera Software yesterday released a free VPN app for Apple's iOS.
It's become common practice to use virtual private networks for extra privacy and security in this era of mass surveillance, but a study published this week suggests such networks may not be as safe as they're commonly made out to be.
Debate on the government's anti-piracy legislation is scheduled for next week according to the House of Representatives draft schedule, with the Coalition having previously indicated it wants the new law passed before parliament's winter break.
China is clamping down on unrestricted access to the Internet by blocking services that allow users to get around government censorship.
The imminent arrival of Netflix in Australia could give heart palpitations to the Australian media companies, according to an Australian analyst.
As technology evolves, many of the barriers that have traditionally limited telecommuting continue to disappear.
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Hear from International Tom Corn on the future of security virtualisation | 28th July 2016 Victoria
- Join ME Bank, Deutsche Bank and Proofpoint (USA) speakers for a discussion on banking trojans. Register now
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing