As Australians eagerly await the outcome of the federal government’s proposed mandatory Internet filter the software industry is already preparing for an imminent deluge in products and services to circumvent any content restrictions. Here are ten free options Web surfers can look at to get around the filter – and they just happen to be legal, for now. Of course, that’s not to say the Web-based circumvention services won’t themselves be added to the infamous blacklist.
vpn - News, Features, and Slideshows
vpn in pictures
Opera Software yesterday released a free VPN app for Apple's iOS.
It's become common practice to use virtual private networks for extra privacy and security in this era of mass surveillance, but a study published this week suggests such networks may not be as safe as they're commonly made out to be.
Debate on the government's anti-piracy legislation is scheduled for next week according to the House of Representatives draft schedule, with the Coalition having previously indicated it wants the new law passed before parliament's winter break.
China is clamping down on unrestricted access to the Internet by blocking services that allow users to get around government censorship.
The imminent arrival of Netflix in Australia could give heart palpitations to the Australian media companies, according to an Australian analyst.
As technology evolves, many of the barriers that have traditionally limited telecommuting continue to disappear.
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW