WD - News, Features, and Slideshows
Apple today released public betas of iOS 9 and OS X El Capitan, giving non-developers their first chance to preview a major release of its mobile operating system and replicating the practice of last year for its Mac OS.
By Gregg Keizer | 10 July, 2015 06:24
Microsoft's 14-month rent of former Nokia CEO Stephen Elop cost the firm at least $18 million, or about $1.3 million each month.
By Gregg Keizer | 19 June, 2015 02:19
Apple did not trumpet it earlier this week during the <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/article/2932716/apple-ios/apple-unwraps-streaming-service-adds-intelligence-to-ios-and-os-x.html">keynote address</a> kicking off its Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC), but the company will release an Android-to-iOS migration app alongside iOS 9 later in the year.
By Gregg Keizer | 12 June, 2015 06:06
Apple on Monday gave a strong hint that it has a larger iPad in the works, analysts said today.
By Gregg Keizer | 10 June, 2015 06:18
Windows 10 is here - and many users (especially those who have been wrestling with Windows 8) are probably eager to upgrade. But even if you can get it now -- the upgrade will be sent first to <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/article/2944212/microsoft-windows/windows-10-release-date-delayed-itbwcw.html">those who signed up for the Windows Insider beta program</a> and then in "slow waves" to everyone else -- you may want to hold off.
By Preston Gralla | 21 July, 2015 20:35
An Australian company has made a big deal this week of taking umbridge over Apple's use of the name HealthKit. That's because the company is named HealthKit.
By Ryan Faas | 07 June, 2014 01:46
Who is Amazon's biggest competitor in the cloud?
By Brandon Butler | 04 April, 2013 20:11
With increased mobility in the workforce, the market for remote support solutions has increased by 35% in the last year and as demand for these solutions increases, so do the options for service providers. <p> This whitepaper provides key features an IT decision maker should look for when selecting a remote support solution such as core functionality, usability, customisation, security, scalability and deployment model.
- FTSenior Systems Engineer | Design projects | SMB & Enterprise clientsNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- CCWeb / Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTSite Reliability Engineer - Java DevOpsNSW
More than one-third of all cyber crime incidents and security breaches are caused by insiders. This whitepaper looks at how to develop a proactive insider threat mitigation program that combines three key elements: executive leadership and advocacy, clear policy and guidance, and workforce education and training. With these elements in place, your organisation can address insider threats before they become messy and costly public problems.
- CommBank Offers app piloted at Westfield Hornsby
- Adobe teams with Dropbox as part of Document Cloud upgrades
- To scare people better, Android ransomware gets a snazzy UI
- Four questions about the Dell-EMC merger
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 Insider build offers alt activation approach
- Google loads up virtual reality toolbox for developers
- Microsoft finally delivers on Skype messaging promises with new Windows 10 beta
- Box's future lies in developer tools
- As a private company, Dell-EMC will enjoy a freedom HP can only dream of
- What Dell buying EMC means for VMware
- Sikur joins secure smartphone race with $849 handset
- Dell agrees to acquire EMC for US$67 billion
- Stay Smart Online week kicks off
- CBA dishes out advice on innovation
- Wikileaks releases TPP documents