Web servers - News, Features, and Slideshows
Google on Thursday announced it will shut down support for Chrome on Windows XP at the end of the year.
By Gregg Keizer | 17 April, 2015 23:25
Mozilla on Monday announced its first developer preview of a 64-bit Windows version of Firefox.
By Gregg Keizer | 04 March, 2015 05:16
Mozilla last week denied that there was a connection between flat search revenue in 2013 and recent fundraising efforts that have asked Firefox users to donate to the nonprofit.
By Gregg Keizer | 24 December, 2014 03:00
Chrome security engineers have proposed that all websites that don't encrypt traffic be marked as insecure by browsers.
By Gregg Keizer | 23 December, 2014 02:31
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Enterprises require intrusion prevention systems (IPSs) to protect their network against attacks. However, implementing an IPS involves challenges of scale and performance. Leveraging the power of an Application Delivery Controller allows enterprises to efficiently deploy a next-generation IPS infrastructure. •A rising number of malicious attacks has made implementing an intrusion prevention system (IPS) a top priority for enterprises large and small •Ensuring the efficiency of the IPS infrastructure has become more difficult with the increasing ubiquity of encryption •When a next-generation IPS is used, the many benefits of managing IPS from a strategic point of control can be realised
- Attackers use email spam to infect point-of-sale terminals with new malware
- Large scale attack hijacks routers through users' browsers
- Sharp phone cameras play slow-motion video at 2,100 fps
- DHS data centre consolidation almost completed
- Amazon.com may be working on Etsy competitor
- BlackBerry cutting staff in smartphone unit
- In Pictures: The 8 things we’re looking for at Google I/O 2015
- In Pictures: Hot stuff - The coolest drones
- Hacked Adult Friend Finder database offered for $17,000
- Design thinking, agile development at heart of building control system
- CSIRO opens $6m metal 3D printing centre
- Telstra, Racing Victoria sign 10-year partnership
- Apple to wind back the clock to '09 with focus on quality, not features, in next OS X
- US Senate blocks NSA surveillance reform bill
- Amazon rules Gartner's magical box