Web servers - News, Features, and Slideshows
Mozilla today pulled out the PR stops to trumpet the 10th anniversary of Firefox, and in celebration released an interim build of Firefox 33 that includes a new privacy tool and access to the DuckDuckGo search engine.
By Gregg Keizer | 11 November, 2014 08:00
Google yesterday released Chrome 38, paying out more than $75,000 in bounties for some of the 159 vulnerabilities patched in the massive security update.
By Gregg Keizer | 09 October, 2014 00:06
Web server administrators who wish to trim bandwidth costs and hasten the delivery of their Web pages should take a look at a newly updated free module from Google designed to automate a number of techniques used to compress content.
By Joab Jackson | 05 September, 2014 06:56
After almost two decades of trailing the market leader, Microsoft's Web server software is coming close to rivaling the dominance of the Apache Web server, according to the latest Netcraft survey of Internet infrastructure.
By Joab Jackson | 09 May, 2014 06:48
In light of overall low adoption of HTTP security headers, Mozilla is advising webmasters to at least implement X-Frame-Options on their sites, arguing that this header can prevent several types of attacks.
By Lucian Constantin | 12 December, 2013 19:38
In this White Paper, IDC offers up some quantifiable benefits that Asian enterprises have observed as a result of deploying backup and recovery solutions. · Many enterprises are finding that the backup and recovery processes and technologies that they have implemented have not kept pace with the demands of the business · IDC identifies how organizations can experience savings and improvements from the deployment of different types of technologies · The benefits fall into three categories: storage environment cost savings; end-user productivity enhancements; and IT staff productivity optimization
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTAcquisition Marketing ExceutiveNSW
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
Facebook, the world’s largest social networking site, needed to ensure that its remote access portal and Citrix XenApp virtual application environment could provide fast, reliable connectivity and Performance—without becoming a pathway for network intrusion and data theft. Read More
- Mozilla tells Google, it's not you (anymore), it's Yahoo
- IBM offers 'devops' services to speed up enterprises' app development
- Data exchange talks lag, jeopardizing US firms' ability to operate in Europe
- Comcast app lets customers track service techs in real time
- NSA director: No changes in telephone record collection coming
- Citadel malware now targets password management applications
- Black Friday: Microsoft slashing Surface, laptop, Xbox prices
- Smartwatch interest ticks up as Apple Watch fever rises
- Disruptive technology: Dead companies do tell tales
- Activists release Detekt tool that finds surveillance malware
- Does being first in supercomputing still matter?
- 8 ways Lollipop 5.0 reinvents Android
- Sony a7 II digital camera cuts blur along five axes
- Google Play taps Chinese developers for paid apps, despite block
- Qualcomm to tap server market with the help of China