web - News, Features, and Slideshows
web in pictures
The client of a Melbourne registrar has signed the first global top-level domain (gTLD) contract with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN).
By Adam Bender | 15 July, 2013 11:17
David Jones has launched a magazine app for the iPad as part of the Australian retailer’s push into e-commerce.
By Adam Bender | 04 February, 2013 13:11
The cataclysmic damage caused by the 9.0 earthquake and subsequent tsunami in Japan in March has been powerfully captured through 360-degree panoramic photography at Google Street View.
By John P. Mello Jr. | 14 December, 2011 04:21
With Facebook reportedly close to cutting a deal with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) over privacy sins dating back to 2009, the question remains whether or not the social network's brain trust really gets the privacy issue.
By John P. Mello Jr. | 12 November, 2011 05:57
No doubt many netizens of cyberspace were surprised to hear this week that the World Wide Web is on death's doorstep while the Internet is alive and well and ready to be the platform for an electronic Camelot. That's because for many folks the Web and the Net are synonymous. They use the words interchangeably in their daily lives, and they're likely to continue using them that way even if the prediction of the Web's fade from glory becomes a reality.
By John P. Mello Jr. | 19 August, 2010 03:20
Let's pause for a moment of silence to remember Google Wave, a service that has gone off to greener pastures. Google confirmed the news late yesterday, saying the service hadn't seen the type of user adoption it had been hoping for.
By Liane Cassavoy | 06 August, 2010 04:17
Whitepapers about web
The user authentication market is dominated by well-established, wide-focus vendors. Newer wide- and tight-focus vendors continue to offer enterprises sound alternatives across a range of use cases. In this whitepaper, we look at the marketplace to compare how vendors compare in their completeness of vision and their ability to execute.
In the current market, there is an increasing demand for unbiased information about Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions. This white paper focuses on solutions that are anticipated to have an important role in Enterprise Mobility Management. An overview of features has been created to enable a better understanding and comparison of capabilities.
Cybercrime is now a leading menace of 21st century businesses. Perhaps even more unsettling, many cybercrime victims have been breached despite sizeable security investments and best-of-breed product deployments. For this reason, the sophistication of recent attacks has created a widespread sense of fear and distrust among consumers.
- Will A.I. drive the human race off a cliff?
- Jaunt shows high-end VR camera for professionals
- Surveillance court extends NSA's phone records collection
- HP enterprise chief, Bill Veghte, to depart before company split
- Apple loses e-book antitrust appeal
- Robot apocalypse unlikely, but researchers need to understand AI risks
- Amazon releases open source cryptographic module
- EU sets June 2017 as date to end mobile roaming charges
- Cisco plans to buy security-as-a-service provider OpenDNS
- FIDO two-factor authentication goes wireless
- Cisco to buy OpenDNS to boost Security Everywhere initiative
- Fon keeps adding Wi-Fi hotspots, but struggles to crack the US
- Google asks for, and gets, extra time to respond to European antitrust charges
- Huawei's Honor brand strives to become global
- Workday spans finance and HR with real-time planning tool