web - News, Features, and Slideshows
web in pictures
The client of a Melbourne registrar has signed the first global top-level domain (gTLD) contract with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN).
By Adam Bender | 15 July, 2013 11:17
David Jones has launched a magazine app for the iPad as part of the Australian retailer’s push into e-commerce.
By Adam Bender | 04 February, 2013 13:11
The cataclysmic damage caused by the 9.0 earthquake and subsequent tsunami in Japan in March has been powerfully captured through 360-degree panoramic photography at Google Street View.
By John P. Mello Jr. | 14 December, 2011 04:21
With Facebook reportedly close to cutting a deal with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) over privacy sins dating back to 2009, the question remains whether or not the social network's brain trust really gets the privacy issue.
By John P. Mello Jr. | 12 November, 2011 05:57
No doubt many netizens of cyberspace were surprised to hear this week that the World Wide Web is on death's doorstep while the Internet is alive and well and ready to be the platform for an electronic Camelot. That's because for many folks the Web and the Net are synonymous. They use the words interchangeably in their daily lives, and they're likely to continue using them that way even if the prediction of the Web's fade from glory becomes a reality.
By John P. Mello Jr. | 19 August, 2010 03:20
Let's pause for a moment of silence to remember Google Wave, a service that has gone off to greener pastures. Google confirmed the news late yesterday, saying the service hadn't seen the type of user adoption it had been hoping for.
By Liane Cassavoy | 06 August, 2010 04:17
Whitepapers about web
The user authentication market is dominated by well-established, wide-focus vendors. Newer wide- and tight-focus vendors continue to offer enterprises sound alternatives across a range of use cases. In this whitepaper, we look at the marketplace to compare how vendors compare in their completeness of vision and their ability to execute.
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Management - Account Director - Leading Entertainment ClientNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTJunior Media Buyer - Sales CoordinatorNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
Future Group, a major player in India’s retail sector, was looking to be more competitive wish faster time to market and better security. This case study outlines: •How they achieved solid security in the complex management of a huge number of desktops •Which benefits they received, the hardware and storage used as well as the applications delivered •Gave back control to the company, reducing IT costs and maximising end-user experience for all
- Microsoft hosts Office 365 in Australia
- NBN Co launches FTTB offering
- Security snafu as G20 leaders' passport details leaked
- US trade body to investigate Apple after Ericsson complaints
- In Pictures: The things end users do that drive IT teams crazy
- Sprint to rollout LTE Advanced to Chicago area
- Microsoft applies 'freemium' tactic to mobile device management for Office 365
- Researchers say low-cost, longer-life graphene light bulb coming this year
- With Tidal relaunch, Jay Z doubles down on streaming for audiophiles
- China considering space-based solar power station
- Silk Road investigators charged with stealing bitcoin
- HP links Vertica and IDOL seeking better unstructured data analysis
- SDN management battle: TAPs vs. network packet brokers
- Google integrates Now with Chrome OS's app launcher
- Smartwatch shipments to catapult by 500 per cent in 2015 on interest in Apple Watch