whirlpool - News, Features, and Slideshows
When Abby Cohen and Andrew Brimer decided to locate their health IT startup, Sparo Labs, in St. Louis, neither one considered a Midwest location as a challenge to attracting top technology workers.
By Fred O'Connor | 24 September, 2014 22:05
Google-owned Nest is letting its products get cozy with other devices and apps like health trackers, home appliances, even cars.
By Zach Miners | 24 June, 2014 13:53
The only limit to the Internet of Things isn't imagination or technology. It's interoperability. And the Linux Foundation thinks that's an issue it can help fix.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 04 March, 2014 11:43
It makes more sense to roll out fibre-to-the-node (FTTN) for the National Broadband Network (NBN) than the government's current fibre-to-the-premises (FTTP) approach, according to the CEO of internet service provider AAPT.
By Stephanie McDonald | 06 November, 2012 14:00
iiNet subsidiary Westnet has reported that some email services are down following a server fault discovered early on Thursday morning.
By Hamish Barwick | 24 February, 2011 12:45
Plans by smart thermostat maker Nest Labs to share some customer data with corporate parent Google means the search engine giant will be fending off privacy concerns as it expands into home automation.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 27 June, 2014 04:58
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
This Dummies Guide explains the relatively new frontier of application-aware network performance management in an easy-to-understand and straightforward way. Find out, what the biggest challenges today’s networks are facing – from BYOD and Voice over IP to increasing complexity and why the end user’s experience is what really matters.
- MYOB's engineers speed innovation with microservices
- ATM skimmers strike in Queensland
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' release after threats following cyberattack
- A/NZ telcos to build $86.3 million trans-Tasman submarine cable
- 'Managed cloud' a return to Rackspace's roots, says CTO
- IBM pushes hard into the enterprise cloud
- Forensic software gets around iCloud security features
- Human error root cause of November Microsoft Azure outage
- Uber envisions a safer ride in 2015
- Obama pushes for net neutrality, opposes data localization in trade pact
- The party's over for Microsoft CEO Nadella
- Microsoft and IBM keep the pressure on Amazon's cloud
- Cloud provider pits 6TB hard drives in real-world face off
- 4 top Android Wear watches: A hands-on guide
- Chinese Android phone maker hides secret backdoor on its devices