whirlpool - News, Features, and Slideshows
When Abby Cohen and Andrew Brimer decided to locate their health IT startup, Sparo Labs, in St. Louis, neither one considered a Midwest location as a challenge to attracting top technology workers.
By Fred O'Connor | 24 September, 2014 22:05
Google-owned Nest is letting its products get cozy with other devices and apps like health trackers, home appliances, even cars.
By Zach Miners | 24 June, 2014 13:53
The only limit to the Internet of Things isn't imagination or technology. It's interoperability. And the Linux Foundation thinks that's an issue it can help fix.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 04 March, 2014 11:43
It makes more sense to roll out fibre-to-the-node (FTTN) for the National Broadband Network (NBN) than the government's current fibre-to-the-premises (FTTP) approach, according to the CEO of internet service provider AAPT.
By Stephanie McDonald | 06 November, 2012 14:00
iiNet subsidiary Westnet has reported that some email services are down following a server fault discovered early on Thursday morning.
By Hamish Barwick | 24 February, 2011 12:45
Plans by smart thermostat maker Nest Labs to share some customer data with corporate parent Google means the search engine giant will be fending off privacy concerns as it expands into home automation.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 27 June, 2014 04:58
In this White Paper, IDC offers up some quantifiable benefits that Asian enterprises have observed as a result of deploying backup and recovery solutions. · Many enterprises are finding that the backup and recovery processes and technologies that they have implemented have not kept pace with the demands of the business · IDC identifies how organizations can experience savings and improvements from the deployment of different types of technologies · The benefits fall into three categories: storage environment cost savings; end-user productivity enhancements; and IT staff productivity optimization
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTAcquisition Marketing ExceutiveNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesVIC
Pekin Insurance, a large Midwestern insurance policy provider with 1,200 agencies and 7,500 independent agents, is always striving to better serve its customers. Pekin wanted to give its growing number of tech-savvy customers direct online access to policy and billing information. To do that, Pekin launched a new web application, called My PI that would deliver a self-service customer portal.
- Sony confirms development of e-paper smartwatch
- Sydney Startup Weekend doubles attendance in one year
- ASIC unhappy with exclusion from data retention regime
- Australian Internet Security Initiative portal launched to help ISPs
- How SBS scaled up for FIFA World Cup online
- Hail pounds telecom networks in Queensland
- RMIT University builds virtual networking labs for students
- Weather.com fixes web application vulnerabilities
- Early version of new POS malware family spotted
- Syrian Electronic Army posts hacking message on several news sites
- Fastest LTE speed will be out of reach for most users
- EU net neutrality discussions to continue into the next year
- Over 23,000 Web servers infected with CryptoPHP backdoor
- Panasonic opens smart town targeting zero-emission houses
- Siemens patches critical SCADA flaws likely exploited in recent attacks