whirlpool - News, Features, and Slideshows
When Abby Cohen and Andrew Brimer decided to locate their health IT startup, Sparo Labs, in St. Louis, neither one considered a Midwest location as a challenge to attracting top technology workers.
By Fred O'Connor | 24 September, 2014 22:05
Google-owned Nest is letting its products get cozy with other devices and apps like health trackers, home appliances, even cars.
By Zach Miners | 24 June, 2014 13:53
The only limit to the Internet of Things isn't imagination or technology. It's interoperability. And the Linux Foundation thinks that's an issue it can help fix.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 04 March, 2014 11:43
It makes more sense to roll out fibre-to-the-node (FTTN) for the National Broadband Network (NBN) than the government's current fibre-to-the-premises (FTTP) approach, according to the CEO of internet service provider AAPT.
By Stephanie McDonald | 06 November, 2012 14:00
iiNet subsidiary Westnet has reported that some email services are down following a server fault discovered early on Thursday morning.
By Hamish Barwick | 24 February, 2011 12:45
Plans by smart thermostat maker Nest Labs to share some customer data with corporate parent Google means the search engine giant will be fending off privacy concerns as it expands into home automation.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 27 June, 2014 04:58
This whitepaper looks into one of Australia’s largest engineering, contracting and service organisations and why they have chosen to adopt VDI, their goals and achievements since implementation. •Provides advice to technology leaders considering their own workplace strategy and/or evaluating VDI •Major benefits found in cost management through the centralisation of infrastructure •Productivity and employee engagement increased through more efficient mobilisation of over 20 processes
- Outlook app for Android and iOS boosts Microsoft's mobile comeback
- MIT randomizes tasks to speed massive multicore processors
- NEC aims at Big Data 'sweet spot' with new SAP Hana tool
- Uber will fight to keep its Boston ride data private
- Verizon to allow opt-out from mobile 'supercookies'
- Brief: Tesla boosts 0-60 acceleration with over-the-air software upgrade
- AT&T will pay $18.2B as top bidder in mobile spectrum auction
- BMW cars found vulnerable in Connected Drive hack
- Twitter's Vine Kids app is not just for kids
- Apple puts the big hurt on Samsung
- Google Glass holds promise but requires a 'reset'
- Microsoft updates cloud-based SQL Server to simplify management
- Intuit backpedals from TurboTax changes after upgrade uproar
- Can't keep this bad boy down: ZeroAccess botnet back in business