whirlpool - News, Features, and Slideshows
When Abby Cohen and Andrew Brimer decided to locate their health IT startup, Sparo Labs, in St. Louis, neither one considered a Midwest location as a challenge to attracting top technology workers.
By Fred O'Connor | 24 September, 2014 22:05
Google-owned Nest is letting its products get cozy with other devices and apps like health trackers, home appliances, even cars.
By Zach Miners | 24 June, 2014 13:53
The only limit to the Internet of Things isn't imagination or technology. It's interoperability. And the Linux Foundation thinks that's an issue it can help fix.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 04 March, 2014 11:43
It makes more sense to roll out fibre-to-the-node (FTTN) for the National Broadband Network (NBN) than the government's current fibre-to-the-premises (FTTP) approach, according to the CEO of internet service provider AAPT.
By Stephanie McDonald | 06 November, 2012 14:00
iiNet subsidiary Westnet has reported that some email services are down following a server fault discovered early on Thursday morning.
By Hamish Barwick | 24 February, 2011 12:45
You may recall how the last tech bubble 15 years ago resulted in staggering market losses, numerous failed start-ups and increasing IT unemployment. Less noticed was the bubble's eerie correlation to undergraduate enrollments in computer science.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 27 July, 2015 20:10
Plans by smart thermostat maker Nest Labs to share some customer data with corporate parent Google means the search engine giant will be fending off privacy concerns as it expands into home automation.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 27 June, 2014 04:58
Cloud, big data and analytics, mobile, social, and IT security have impacted networking – bringing it almost to breaking point. This whitepaper looks at the future of networking to accommodate these evolving trends.
The mobile workforce needs dependable, high-speed network connectivity to get the job done. This whitepaper looks at how refreshing client fleets with built-in 4G LTE technology lets employees take the internet with them - boosting flexibility, productivity and cost-efficiency.
- To see benefits, heath wearables must keep people engaged
- Someday your phone may stop an oncoming car
- NSA will lose access to 'historical' phone surveillence data Nov. 29
- Microsoft fixes crash-bug in Windows 10 just days before launch
- In Pictures: The weirdest, wackiest and coolest sci/tech stories of 2015 (so far!)
- In Pictures: How much do CIOs really make?
- Facebook opens Internet.org to more mobile operators
- Microsoft updates some Surface tablets ahead of Windows 10's launch
- Google to decouple Google+ from some of its sites
- Why I ditched my Fitbit and what this means for analytics
- Microsoft pours out the patches as Windows 10 nears release
- Here's how Microsoft is handling the Windows 10 launch, online and off
- Windows 10: Fact vs. fiction
- Apple, Nike settle US lawsuit over FuelBand inaccuracies
- Java devs abhor Oracle's plan to kill private APIs