whirlpool - News, Features, and Slideshows
When Abby Cohen and Andrew Brimer decided to locate their health IT startup, Sparo Labs, in St. Louis, neither one considered a Midwest location as a challenge to attracting top technology workers.
By Fred O'Connor | 24 September, 2014 22:05
Google-owned Nest is letting its products get cozy with other devices and apps like health trackers, home appliances, even cars.
By Zach Miners | 24 June, 2014 13:53
The only limit to the Internet of Things isn't imagination or technology. It's interoperability. And the Linux Foundation thinks that's an issue it can help fix.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 04 March, 2014 11:43
It makes more sense to roll out fibre-to-the-node (FTTN) for the National Broadband Network (NBN) than the government's current fibre-to-the-premises (FTTP) approach, according to the CEO of internet service provider AAPT.
By Stephanie McDonald | 06 November, 2012 14:00
iiNet subsidiary Westnet has reported that some email services are down following a server fault discovered early on Thursday morning.
By Hamish Barwick | 24 February, 2011 12:45
Plans by smart thermostat maker Nest Labs to share some customer data with corporate parent Google means the search engine giant will be fending off privacy concerns as it expands into home automation.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 27 June, 2014 04:58
In the current market, there is an increasing demand for unbiased information about Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions. This white paper focuses on solutions that are anticipated to have an important role in Enterprise Mobility Management. An overview of features has been created to enable a better understanding and comparison of capabilities.
A February 2013 research study revealed some telling statistics among CIOs and Senior IT Managers about the state of their managed data. Most notably: Mobile access to company data is of paramount importance, Large enterprises are having trouble locating data across their databases, IT teams are overburdened, and business decisions are being hampered by time spent managing data silos. Organizations express interest in a solution that enables them to protect, manage and access all data across the enterprise from a single platform. Discover what IT leaders like yourself have expressed as their biggest challenges when it comes to managing data today, and arm yourself with the tools to change the data management game inside of your organisation.
- Cisco leaves key to all its Unified CDM systems under doormat
- IT firms' cloud appetite strong as gear sales surge 25 percent
- Samsung faces lawsuit in China over bloatware on phones
- Reddit sections go dark after exit of staffer
- Android ransomware on the rise in Australia
- Microsoft buries hatchet with Kyocera, ending litigation
- Plex hacker demands Bitcoin ransom for return of data
- Hands-on: Windows 10's latest build feels close to finished
- In Pictures: 7 things we hate about Twitter
- Supreme Court justices hold stock in tech vendors, other firms
- There's even an app for dogs and cats scared of fireworks
- Microsoft confirms 'waves' roll-out of Windows 10
- How Instagram spots a trend
- Longtime Microsoft partner Yahoo tests search with Google
- Third build of Windows 10 in one week a sign of OS stability