Consider this: If you or an employee is using free Wi-Fi in some local café, in a matter of seconds a hacker can manipulate your machine into a "man-in-the-middle" scenario, where the device is now a conduit that sends data right to the bad guy. Once a device is compromised, login credentials (corporate mail server, bank accounts, LinkedIn.com, Facebook.com, etc.) can be harvested by using SSL Stripping.
Wi-Fi Security - News, Features, and Slideshows
People sign up for cruise ships to get away from it all. But not quite all: Passengers still want Wi-Fi access for the growing number of mobile devices they lug with them on vacation for staying in touch, web surfing, music, photos and video. Cruise line Royal Caribbean is turning to 802.11ac to optimize their Wi-Fi connectivity for this mobile data deluge.
Georgia Tech researchers have developed a proof-of-concept attack called Jekyll that involves using Trojan Horse-style apps to sneak malware past Apple's app review process and onto iOS devices such as the iPhone and iPad.
Underneath the mobile technology buzz at Mobile World Congress 2013 about expanding LTE deployments, and phasing in even faster LTE-Advanced networks later this year, is the strengthening market in operator-based Wi-Fi services.
Using non-secured public Wi-Fi hotspots can leave you vulnerable to identity theft, data theft, snooping, impersonation and malware infection. That's why so many people rely on public virtual private network services, but VPNs are no panacea. Here are five potential gotchas.
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today