Wi-Fi - News, Features, and Slideshows
Gibbs ponders how a Starbucks coffee cup could become the greatest business edge
By Mark Gibbs | 18 January, 2013 15:16
The continuing saga of Google's wireless snooping and the maelstrom it's generated won't end anytime soon.
By Jeff Bertolucci | 29 May, 2010 00:31
A just released Aberdeen Group research report identifies the steps taken by best-in-class enterprise IT groups to create secure, pervasive, manageable, reliable, high-performance Wi-Fi networks.
By John Cox | 13 August, 2009 08:14
As more enterprises deploy wall-to-wall Wi-Fi, they're finding end users voting with their network interface cards: given a choice, they go with wireless rather than wired access.
By John Cox | 23 July, 2009 15:01
In their quest to get Wi-Fi Internet connectivity, people have done some pretty desperate things over the years.
By Thomas Wailgum | 21 August, 2008 12:19
One thing you can depend on these days is that the claims made for wireless routers, like 300Mbit/sec. throughput and 1,000-foot range, are nothing more than digital pipe dreams. The plain and simple truth is that these speeds and distances just aren't going to happen in your home, office or any place on this planet.
By Brian Nadel | 21 August, 2008 11:29
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
One of the biggest use cases for the cloud – in fact, the biggest, in the case of hosted private cloud – is for backup and disaster recovery. This white paper explores why the Cloud is well suited for Disaster Recovery and what organisations need to consider to ensure that Cloud DR is right for them.
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Dragula looks to take the bite out of drag-and-drop
- Mozilla sets kill date for Firefox OS on phones
- LTE-U’s cold war may be thawing, as field testing commences ahead of summit
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Fed up with bogus computer support calls, man turns tables on scammers
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
- SamsaraJS: Famo.us fork juices mobile Web UIs
- How to secure Amazon Web Services like a boss
- UN panel backs WikiLeaks' Julian Assange, but he may not go free
- The Neutrino exploit kit has a new way to detect security researchers
- 7 smartphone trends to watch this year
- What businesses need to know about Privacy Shield