Wi-Fi - News, Features, and Slideshows
Gibbs ponders how a Starbucks coffee cup could become the greatest business edge
By Mark Gibbs | 18 January, 2013 15:16
The continuing saga of Google's wireless snooping and the maelstrom it's generated won't end anytime soon.
By Jeff Bertolucci | 29 May, 2010 00:31
A just released Aberdeen Group research report identifies the steps taken by best-in-class enterprise IT groups to create secure, pervasive, manageable, reliable, high-performance Wi-Fi networks.
By John Cox | 13 August, 2009 08:14
As more enterprises deploy wall-to-wall Wi-Fi, they're finding end users voting with their network interface cards: given a choice, they go with wireless rather than wired access.
By John Cox | 23 July, 2009 15:01
In their quest to get Wi-Fi Internet connectivity, people have done some pretty desperate things over the years.
By Thomas Wailgum | 21 August, 2008 12:19
One thing you can depend on these days is that the claims made for wireless routers, like 300Mbit/sec. throughput and 1,000-foot range, are nothing more than digital pipe dreams. The plain and simple truth is that these speeds and distances just aren't going to happen in your home, office or any place on this planet.
By Brian Nadel | 21 August, 2008 11:29
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
Getting the best ROI on every IT dollar spent is the top priority for almost every business, but the demand placed on an infrastructure to deliver an increased number of transactions is growing exponentially. This whitepaper details how organizations that leverage advanced solutions will benefit from an efficient, agile, easy-to-manage, and scalable storage infrastructure.
- LTE network for US public safety taking it one step at a time
- A new tool for disasters: The personal antenna
- Phone unlocking bill clears US House, next step is president's signature
- Apple hasn't exhausted its supply of Yosemite betas
- Oracle's new in-memory database option could spark unanticipated costs, expert warns
- Bose sues Beats over headphone patents
- SEC drops probe into Facebook's pre-IPO sales disclosures
- How Microsoft's CEO sees growth for Windows Phone and Lumia
- Thanks to NASA, you can now 3D print models of satellites, probes and planets
- Russian government offers money for identifying Tor users
- EU, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo meet on 'right to be forgotten' but questions remain
- The Pirate Bay makes searching for torrents easier on mobile devices
- Changes afoot as DARPA challenge robots prep for upgrade
- Apple faces privacy suit following Chinese TV report
- Government pushes website blocks to fight piracy