Wi-Fi - News, Features, and Slideshows
Everyone wants their home to be safe and secure, yet <a href="http://www.safeguardtheworld.com/statistics.html">only 17% of homeowners</a> own a home security system. Why? Because traditional systems cost hundreds of dollars to install, require long-term contracts and mean a lifetime of monthly fees.
By By Jennifer Tuohy | 28 May, 2015 22:34
There are plenty of places online to bounce ideas off of other network and IT pros, but Kevin Franzen felt there was a need for at least one more, and he calls it the <a href="http://wirelessgeek.net/forums/forum.php">WirelessGeek.net</a> forums.
By Bob Brown | 01 May, 2015 04:56
Aerohive Networks has announced that Dell will begin reselling its wireless LAN and related management products - not a shocker in light of longtime Dell OEM partner <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/article/2890523/wireless/hp-will-buy-aruba-to-bolster-its-wireless-networking-business.html">Aruba Networks being snapped up by HP in a multi-billion deal last month</a>.
By Bob Brown | 28 April, 2015 05:20
Wi-Fi has significantly changed the way we work and play, enabling us to interact with the digital world from anywhere in the physical world. Furthermore, free Wi-Fi access is on the rise, from local coffee shops to international restaurant chains. However, the convenience of free Wi-Fi comes with some real threats, from computer viruses to identity theft.
By Tzvi Kasten, Andriy Okhrimets and Artem Kharchenko, GlobalLogic, Ukraine | 02 April, 2015 01:59
Williams Martini Racing believes an IT transformation can help get its Formula One racers back into pole position, according to the team’s IT manager.
By Adam Bender | 17 March, 2015 10:25
Optus will deploy free public Wi-Fi services in Westfield shopping centres across Australia under a partnership with Scentre Group.
By Adam Bender | 26 February, 2015 13:00
A revived and bi-partisan supported Wi-Fi Innovation Act has been introduced this week by U.S. Senators and is backed by U.S. House members with a companion bill of their own.
By Bob Brown | 12 February, 2015 08:25
Wireless vendors are pushing the 802.11ac standard because it offers the fastest Wi-Fi speeds yet, but most Australian businesses can afford to wait another year before upgrading their Wi-Fi networks, according to analysts.
By Adam Bender | 04 February, 2015 14:07
The Melbourne Cricket Ground will deploy a stadium Wi-Fi network and IPTV system as part of a major technology upgrade announced with Cisco, IBM and Cockram Construction.
By Adam Bender | 04 February, 2015 12:23
The FCC's sternly worded warning about illegal Wi-Fi blocking earlier this week got through to at least one organization: Marriott International's Global CIO issued a statement Friday that the hospitality outfit is withdrawing efforts to gain clarification from the commission on what methods <em>can</em> be used to protect corporate Wi-Fi networks.
By Bob Brown | 01 February, 2015 09:58
The <a href="http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2015/db0127/DA-15-113A1.pdf">FCC on Tuesday warned</a> that it will no longer tolerate hotels, convention centers or others intentionally interfering with personal Wi-Fi hotspots.
By Bob Brown | 28 January, 2015 09:24
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- FTJunior Software Developer- Complex Tax/ Superannuation SolutionNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- FTWeb Analytics Specialist - TechnicalNSW
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCSenior Network EngineersACT
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Cyber Security Requirements ConsultantACT
- CCOracle Test LeadNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
This e-book gives insight into what it means to use a hybrid approach to cloud computing and the flexibility and choice that it provides. You will discover the type of technologies and approaches that are imperative for your organisation to create the business value and flexibility the constituents you serve demand.
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Most enterprises plan to boost cloud use this year
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- GitHub apologizes for ignoring community concerns
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
- Nasdaq to use blockchain to record shareholder votes
- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- Intel SSDs may get speed, capacity boost with new Micron chips
- Five sue Apple over Error 53 and bricked iPhones
- AT&T to run field trials of 5G wireless in Austin this year
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too