Wi-Fi - News, Features, and Slideshows
I'm a big fan of working at offsite locations--meaning my local Wi-Fi-equipped coffee shop. In fact, I'll often spend the afternoon hunkered down at Panera Bread, iced tea in one hand and a French Toast bagel in the other. (It's bad form to set up shop without buying something.)
By Rick Broida | 29 July, 2010 08:22
Hair-pullingly bad experiences with wireless networking have led me to formulate Snyder's First Law of Home Networking: No matter who sells you the router, you'll have at least one excruciating session with tech support before you have an Internet connection.
By Bill Snyder | 11 May, 2010 07:06
Google Latitude is a useful--if slightly creepy--way to track your location on a mobile phone or GPS laptop. But you can get roughly the same sense of fleeting privacy on any old Wi-Fi PC; Google Latitude automatically pegged me within about 100 feet of my ground-floor office on GPS-free laptop.
By Zack Stern | 12 February, 2009 07:10
UXC Connect’s Jesmond Psaila says that DevOps can do for IT operations what Agile did for software development. This paper demonstrates how, by combining both approaches, you can significantly improve operational efficiency and time-to-market. • Marketing and development teams want to constantly change or increase functionality, while IT operations teams want to keep the environment as stable as possible • Agile software development and virtualisation have not solved the time-to-value problem faced by marketing and IT operations teams • Recent movements in DevOps aim to address and redefine a more agile service management platform, while new tools have vastly improved functionality to configure and automate common processes
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTSenior Media TraderNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTDigital Media PlannerNSW
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
The rise of mobile users and apps, coupled with the continued growth in SaaS, has transformed traditional business environments. Identity is the new perimeter. Learn what you can do with a centralized Identity Access Management (IAM) service across this hybrid IT environment.
- In Pictures: The new Microsoft under Satya Nadella
- Toshiba sensor to sharpen smartphone photos
- In pictures: SAP opens $60m Melbourne innovation centre
- Google's Project Wing building drone delivery service
- In pictures: Capgemini unveils SMAC lab in Melbourne
- Poaching drivers may be the norm for ride-sharing companies
- Half-Life publisher Valve faces ACCC legal action
- Hillary Clinton: 'Our technology companies are not part of our government'
- In Pictures: 15 simple, secret Windows tips and tricks designed to save you time
- In Pictures: 7 cheap computing boards for scratching your maker itch
- Paging Dr. Watson, IBM's medical adviser for the future
- Red Hat CTO abruptly resigns
- Facebook tries to quell Messenger rumors
- Apple makes September 9 event official, hints at more than iPhone 6
- What Apple can do to improve the iPhone 6 display