Windows 8 - News, Features, and Slideshows
Windows 8 in pictures
Microsoft has kicked off the Windows 10 public testing period, but the company wants the fearless enthusiasts willing to participate in the Insider Program to be aware of a number of things before they jump in.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 02 October, 2014 09:47
Humbled by businesses' dislike for Windows 8, Microsoft has issued a mea culpa, offered the world a first peek at Windows 10 and pledged that the new OS will delight IT executives. But the true test of whether Microsoft can move past its Windows 8 mistakes will come when Windows 10 is commercially released at some point next summer.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 01 October, 2014 09:47
Aware that the "if you build it, they will come" principle doesn't always apply to newly deployed IT systems, Microsoft has developed a website to help companies promote Office 365 usage among employees.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 30 September, 2014 08:11
Microsoft has finally begun cleaning out the Windows Store by killing 1,500 scams and copycat apps. But by turning the other way when bad apps were uploaded, and maybe even paying for them, Microsoft was part of the problem.
By Preston Gralla | 30 August, 2014 01:24
When Microsoft first outlined its strategy 32 months ago to bridge the old style of PC computing with the new world of tablet computing, we were optimistic. Although Apple had revolutionized computing with the iPad, creating the fastest-adopted technology ever, its approach walled off the tablet from the PC, with two different operating systems, user interfaces, and applications. Instead, Microsoft promised a unified, adaptive approach that would satisfy everyone.
By Galen Gruman | 04 June, 2013 13:57
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTData Product SpecialistNSW
- FTStrategic Account Manager - Google AnalyticsNSW
- FTSEM Specialist - SEM AnalystNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | Programmatic / RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
Not all VDI solutions are alike. To deliver the best results for your business, you need to make sure the solution you choose can enable full productivity not just in the office on traditional endpoints, but anywhere people work, on any device they use. Read on to find out how you can provide access to virtualized apps and desktops from anywhere, on any device, with a great experience in any scenario.
- Samsung Knox devices approved for government use by NSA
- Laptops to be managed more like mobiles: AirWatch CEO
- In brief: Ooyala steps into ads arena with Videoplaza
- Apple's Yosemite OS shares Spotlight search terms by default
- First products from Apple-IBM deal to come next month
- 11 startups enter muru-D accelerator program
- Smartsheet, the project management tool cloaked as a spreadseet, adds visualization
- In Pictures: Windows 10 - A guided tour
- In Pictures: 15 Must-Have Android, iOS apps for business travelers
- In Pictures: 15 of the scariest things hacked
- Apple Pay could be a big deal for Android users
- Mitel takes aim at Avaya with ShoreTel bid
- Microsoft goes all-in on hybrid Cloud with Azure-in-a-box
- Apple iOS 8.1 is here: Not your run of the mill Dot One release
- Microsoft (hearts) Linux, for Azure's sake