Windows 8 - News, Features, and Slideshows
Windows 8 in pictures
Windows 8 users have a little less than seven months to move to Windows 8.1 or be severed from Microsoft's security update stream.
By Gregg Keizer | 20 June, 2015 01:48
Windows 8's user share surged last month, while Windows XP's plummeted by a record amount, a metrics company said this weekend.
By Gregg Keizer | 03 November, 2014 22:30
Microsoft has kicked off the Windows 10 public testing period, but the company wants the fearless enthusiasts willing to participate in the Insider Program to be aware of a number of things before they jump in.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 02 October, 2014 09:47
Last night at about 12:30 a.m. EDT, Microsoft issued a bulletin warning of widespread outages for Windows 8 and 8.1 Metro Mail, Windows Live Mail, and Windows Phone 8.1 mail. The bulletin stated:
By Woody Leonhard | 08 April, 2015 21:11
Microsoft has finally begun cleaning out the Windows Store by killing 1,500 scams and copycat apps. But by turning the other way when bad apps were uploaded, and maybe even paying for them, Microsoft was part of the problem.
By Preston Gralla | 30 August, 2014 01:24
When Microsoft first outlined its strategy 32 months ago to bridge the old style of PC computing with the new world of tablet computing, we were optimistic. Although Apple had revolutionized computing with the iPad, creating the fastest-adopted technology ever, its approach walled off the tablet from the PC, with two different operating systems, user interfaces, and applications. Instead, Microsoft promised a unified, adaptive approach that would satisfy everyone.
By Galen Gruman | 04 June, 2013 13:57
This report showcases the results from a Computerworld survey across IT managers and CIOs on their organisation’s use and intentions around data backup and recovery processes. Find out: how IT leaders are changing the way they protect their organisation’s valuable information, the most popular uses and intentions around data backup practices and how organisations are dealing with exponential data growth.
This whitepaper looks at how huge energy consumption, enormous economic and internet usage growth, coupled with steadily rising energy costs are changing the way data centre operators and customers operate in APAC. Find out: how the rising cost of energy prices are being exposed as a leading driver for more efficient data centres, the risks of the growing gap in two-speed markets and what the future holds for data centre growth in the region.
- Uber throws in the towel in battle with French taxi drivers
- As Windows 7 breaks the 1B-device mark, Microsoft's challenge will be to force it back to zero
- Android phone vendors should improve update policies, consumer organization says
- Five smartphones to look forward to
- Ad fraud Trojan updates Flash Player so that other malware can't get in
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, July 3
- Cisco leaves key to all its Unified CDM systems under doormat
- IT firms' cloud appetite strong as gear sales surge 25 percent
- Samsung faces lawsuit in China over bloatware on phones
- Reddit sections go dark after exit of staffer
- Android ransomware on the rise in Australia
- Microsoft buries hatchet with Kyocera, ending litigation
- Plex hacker demands Bitcoin ransom for return of data
- Hands-on: Windows 10's latest build feels close to finished
- In Pictures: 7 things we hate about Twitter