Windows 8 - News, Features, and Slideshows
Windows 8 in pictures
Microsoft has kicked off the Windows 10 public testing period, but the company wants the fearless enthusiasts willing to participate in the Insider Program to be aware of a number of things before they jump in.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 02 October, 2014 09:47
Humbled by businesses' dislike for Windows 8, Microsoft has issued a mea culpa, offered the world a first peek at Windows 10 and pledged that the new OS will delight IT executives. But the true test of whether Microsoft can move past its Windows 8 mistakes will come when Windows 10 is commercially released at some point next summer.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 01 October, 2014 09:47
Aware that the "if you build it, they will come" principle doesn't always apply to newly deployed IT systems, Microsoft has developed a website to help companies promote Office 365 usage among employees.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 30 September, 2014 08:11
Microsoft has finally begun cleaning out the Windows Store by killing 1,500 scams and copycat apps. But by turning the other way when bad apps were uploaded, and maybe even paying for them, Microsoft was part of the problem.
By Preston Gralla | 30 August, 2014 01:24
When Microsoft first outlined its strategy 32 months ago to bridge the old style of PC computing with the new world of tablet computing, we were optimistic. Although Apple had revolutionized computing with the iPad, creating the fastest-adopted technology ever, its approach walled off the tablet from the PC, with two different operating systems, user interfaces, and applications. Instead, Microsoft promised a unified, adaptive approach that would satisfy everyone.
By Galen Gruman | 04 June, 2013 13:57
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
The data centre is now a strategic part of the hybrid cloud mix. This whitepaper discusses what you should know about the future of data centre and how to position your organisation for agility and growth. • Australia’s data centre market grew 17.2% to over $700 million in the last year. • Data centre engagement is often seen just as a commercial relationship, not a business relationship. • The 5 most important points CIOs need to consider before choosing a data centre
- Microsoft to continue using Nokia brand on entry-level phones
- Usage alert compliance a priority as TCP code enforcement heads into year three
- Symantec donates $260k towards cyberbullying prevention
- Court delays NBN Co, Pipe Networks battle
- Adobe begins encrypting user data collected from Digital Editions app
- Apple: A pox on your house!
- In brief: Beanhunter acquires CoffeeJobs.com for undisclosed sum
- Amazon builds sales, but losses pile up
- In Pictures: Camels, Sleds, and Fishing Boats - 7 Wacky Google Street View Vehicles
- Apple Pay's next move could be phone-to-phone payments
- Oracle says state wanted to take 'unacceptable risk' with health care website transition
- Microsoft Q1 sales jump, but Nokia drags down earnings
- Canonical celebrates Cloud freedoms with new Ubuntu
- Apple and sapphire supplier strike deal to end partnership
- Collection of new cord cutting techs make it easier to snip that CATV tether