Windows 8 - News, Features, and Slideshows
Windows 8 in pictures
Windows 8's user share surged last month, while Windows XP's plummeted by a record amount, a metrics company said this weekend.
By Gregg Keizer | 03 November, 2014 22:30
Microsoft has kicked off the Windows 10 public testing period, but the company wants the fearless enthusiasts willing to participate in the Insider Program to be aware of a number of things before they jump in.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 02 October, 2014 09:47
Last night at about 12:30 a.m. EDT, Microsoft issued a bulletin warning of widespread outages for Windows 8 and 8.1 Metro Mail, Windows Live Mail, and Windows Phone 8.1 mail. The bulletin stated:
By Woody Leonhard | 08 April, 2015 21:11
Microsoft has finally begun cleaning out the Windows Store by killing 1,500 scams and copycat apps. But by turning the other way when bad apps were uploaded, and maybe even paying for them, Microsoft was part of the problem.
By Preston Gralla | 30 August, 2014 01:24
When Microsoft first outlined its strategy 32 months ago to bridge the old style of PC computing with the new world of tablet computing, we were optimistic. Although Apple had revolutionized computing with the iPad, creating the fastest-adopted technology ever, its approach walled off the tablet from the PC, with two different operating systems, user interfaces, and applications. Instead, Microsoft promised a unified, adaptive approach that would satisfy everyone.
By Galen Gruman | 04 June, 2013 13:57
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Online meetings are ideal for collaboration both within the business and with customers, but too often technology solutions get in the way, creating delays or even missed meetings that can jeopardise opportunities and revenue. This whitepaper looks at: why cloud-based meeting expectations of higher customer satisfaction are not being met, the top 5 user issues reported by sales teams in cloud based meeting applications and how businesses can have assurance that they’ve chosen an enterprise grade communication tools.
- Google's Project Loon close to launching thosands of balloons
- Shape-shifting robot reveals secrets of Fukushima reactor
- FCC faces seventh net neutrality lawsuit
- Next on the Office expansion list: Windows 10 phone apps
- Why investors are so excited about Slack
- First Apple Watch health IT apps bring important messages to the wrist
- Insurance company now offers discounts -- if you let it track your Fitbit
- Apple's 12-inch MacBook can use third-party USB Type-C cables
- Gurucul identifies cloud threats based on identity, behaviors
- Microsoft shows impressively accurate hand-tracking system for VR
- Docker update speeds and organizes container deployments
- Facebook tries to keep it real by killing more 'fake' likes
- Feds lay down social media rules; enterprises should, too
- Should computers determine how our kids learn to talk? Maybe not
- Keep Windows 10 preview up to date -- or face a dead PC