- Tutorial: How to fix app store errors in Windows 8
- How to fix the two-factor authentication log-in error in Gmail on Android
- 10 open source e-learning projects to watch
- How to fight back against CryptoLocker
Windows 8 in pictures
Microsoft is due to deliver the much-awaited update to Windows 8.1, and with it comes a packed goody bag of treats for laptop and PC users.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 09 April, 2014 02:35
Instead of relegating desktops to a lower priority while pursuing the mobile device market, Microsoft will integrate its PC dominance into its current core strategy to become a devices and services company, opening keynotes at the company's 2014 Build developer conference suggest.
By Joab Jackson | 03 April, 2014 07:56
Microsoft partners, developers and customers may get a clearer picture this week of how the company plans to keep Windows relevant now that its rock-solid position in the market has been shaken up by competitors, shifts in technology and the lukewarm reception of recent releases.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 02 April, 2014 08:52
Microsoft has again painted a grim picture for customers who remain on Windows XP and Office 2003 after it ends support for the old OS and suite in early April, but it's unclear if the company is succeeding in its campaign to convince holdouts to upgrade.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 26 February, 2014 17:43
When Microsoft first outlined its strategy 32 months ago to bridge the old style of PC computing with the new world of tablet computing, we were optimistic. Although Apple had revolutionized computing with the iPad, creating the fastest-adopted technology ever, its approach walled off the tablet from the PC, with two different operating systems, user interfaces, and applications. Instead, Microsoft promised a unified, adaptive approach that would satisfy everyone.
By Galen Gruman | 04 June, 2013 13:57
Among the raft of recent and upcoming Microsoft upgrades, Windows 8 towers in importance but its chances for success remain cloudy among enterprise customers.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 18 December, 2012 20:39
Learn how every business can improve efficiency, compete better, and deliver compelling user experiences with flash. You'll also gain access to Gartner's 2013 Cool Vendor Report Download our ebook and learn how you can: - Improve efficiency - Compete better - Deliver compelling user experiences
- FTDigital Content Manager/Senior Content Manager - CRM/Loyalty FocusNSW
- FTContent StrategistNSW
- FTMicrosoft Business Intelligence DeveloperNSW
- FTBrand Relationship Manager | RTB Trading Desk | Digital Advertising | SydneyNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTMicrosoft Business Intelligence ConsultantNSW
- FTDeliverability SpecialistNSW
Existing IT operational models and an ageing infrastructure are CIOs back from their full potential. This paper reveals the three IT imperatives for a CIO-led transformation, and details how CIOs are adopting strategies to change IT and assert their organisations as business leaders and innovators.
- Facebook tries to break the news with FB Newswire
- Tip of the Hat: Heartbleed prompts chastened tech giants to fund OpenSSL
- Planet Labs plans big increase in imaging cubesats
- FCC defends new net neutrality proposal
- Dell adds Big Switch to its SDN mix
- HTC One (M8) grabs some Apple, Samsung converts
- 'Francophoned' cybertheft operation reportedly back in action
- Verizon boosts revenue, income on mobile and broadband growth
- Heartbleed prompts joint vendor effort to boost OpenSSL, security
- Salesforce.com takes a cue from Amazon's Mayday with 'SOS' for service
- Geopolitics aside, Huawei still selling to carriers in the US
- Nokia won't hand India smartphone factory over to Microsoft
- Consumers are still meh about 3D printers
- Average peak broadband connection speeds hit 35.2 Mbps: Report
- Audit uncovers Medicare data snafus