Windows 8 - News, Features, and Slideshows
Windows 8 in pictures
Windows 8's user share surged last month, while Windows XP's plummeted by a record amount, a metrics company said this weekend.
By Gregg Keizer | 03 November, 2014 22:30
Microsoft has kicked off the Windows 10 public testing period, but the company wants the fearless enthusiasts willing to participate in the Insider Program to be aware of a number of things before they jump in.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 02 October, 2014 09:47
Last night at about 12:30 a.m. EDT, Microsoft issued a bulletin warning of widespread outages for Windows 8 and 8.1 Metro Mail, Windows Live Mail, and Windows Phone 8.1 mail. The bulletin stated:
By Woody Leonhard | 08 April, 2015 21:11
Microsoft has finally begun cleaning out the Windows Store by killing 1,500 scams and copycat apps. But by turning the other way when bad apps were uploaded, and maybe even paying for them, Microsoft was part of the problem.
By Preston Gralla | 30 August, 2014 01:24
When Microsoft first outlined its strategy 32 months ago to bridge the old style of PC computing with the new world of tablet computing, we were optimistic. Although Apple had revolutionized computing with the iPad, creating the fastest-adopted technology ever, its approach walled off the tablet from the PC, with two different operating systems, user interfaces, and applications. Instead, Microsoft promised a unified, adaptive approach that would satisfy everyone.
By Galen Gruman | 04 June, 2013 13:57
Axon wanted to win more business by reaching out to CIOs and key technology decision makers with more flexible, affordable and easy-to-manage disaster recovery solutions.
Read how ETEL Limited, a pioneering design and manufacture business in New Zealand, managed to perfect their expansion into new markets by utilising an ERP system to support growth and provide “one source for truth” accessible to the entire organisation.
- Amazon rules Gartner's magical box
- Google gives Android developers new tools for tracking app performance
- Microsoft offers Windows 10 carrot, threatens with stick
- US Senate leader pushes to extend NSA phone dragnet
- IBM defends use of temp visa workers
- Marines test augmented reality battlefield
- Pebble Time smartwatch to begin shipping on May 27
- Adblock browsers for Android and iOS to keep mobile ads, tracking at bay
- Torque G02 smartphone doesn't mind a saltwater dunk
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, May 22
- Factory reset in Android phones leaves sensitive user data behind
- Secom security drone follows, photographs intruders
- Alibaba's UC Browser found leaking users' data
- Freelance hacking site vows to clean up dodgy listings
- Bigcommerce, PayPal team up for payments