Windows 8 - News, Features, and Slideshows
Windows 8 in pictures
These features are too good to leave in Windows 8 or Windows Phone 8 alone. Mr. Nadella, tear down this wall!
By ￼Jared Newman | 19 June, 2014 08:32
Walk around the halls of Computex, the massive regional trade show taking place in Taipei this week, and you'll quickly realize that Microsoft's business is under attack like never before. In portable and mobile electronics, companies are increasingly choosing Google's Android operating system rather than Windows.
By Martyn Williams | 04 June, 2014 19:54
The first smartphone carrying Windows Phone 8.1 starts shipping this week in Asia, even as Microsoft continues tweaking that latest version of its mobile OS.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 16 May, 2014 01:47
Microsoft is struggling to explain its requirement for Windows 8.1 customers to update to the latest version of the OS in order to receive bug and security patches.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 14 May, 2014 02:10
Microsoft is giving Windows 8.1 consumer users another 30 days to adopt the latest version of the OS before it cuts them off from receiving security updates.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 13 May, 2014 02:26
When Microsoft first outlined its strategy 32 months ago to bridge the old style of PC computing with the new world of tablet computing, we were optimistic. Although Apple had revolutionized computing with the iPad, creating the fastest-adopted technology ever, its approach walled off the tablet from the PC, with two different operating systems, user interfaces, and applications. Instead, Microsoft promised a unified, adaptive approach that would satisfy everyone.
By Galen Gruman | 04 June, 2013 13:57
Among the raft of recent and upcoming Microsoft upgrades, Windows 8 towers in importance but its chances for success remain cloudy among enterprise customers.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 18 December, 2012 20:39
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
A successful mobile deployment using ActiveSync depends on giving users a reliable, stable sync experience. But if any of the many moving parts in the EAS data path fail or degrade, the experience will suffer. Read this whitepaper to learn how to get ahead of EAS challenges by providing reliable mobile service—particularly for BYOD users.
- The Pirate Bay makes searching for torrents easier on mobile devices
- Changes afoot as DARPA challenge robots prep for upgrade
- Apple faces privacy suit following Chinese TV report
- Government pushes website blocks to fight piracy
- New guide aims to remove the drama of reporting software flaws
- 'Canvas fingerprinting' tracking is sneaky but easy to halt
- Baidu reports strong mobile ad sales, echoing Facebook
- ASX-listed Bitcoin miner hails results
- UNSW researchers see future for Oculus Rift in engineering
- IoT inspires new components for energy, wireless
- Bitcoin: Addressing concerns over a 51% attack
- In Pictures: 14 must-have iPhone, iPad travel apps
- Newegg takes pre-orders for Samsung's first 3D Pro SSD
- New SSL server rules go into effect Nov. 1
- Wolfram fortifies SystemModeler with more libraries