Windows 8 - News, Features, and Slideshows
Windows 8 in pictures
These features are too good to leave in Windows 8 or Windows Phone 8 alone. Mr. Nadella, tear down this wall!
By ￼Jared Newman | 19 June, 2014 08:32
Walk around the halls of Computex, the massive regional trade show taking place in Taipei this week, and you'll quickly realize that Microsoft's business is under attack like never before. In portable and mobile electronics, companies are increasingly choosing Google's Android operating system rather than Windows.
By Martyn Williams | 04 June, 2014 19:54
The first smartphone carrying Windows Phone 8.1 starts shipping this week in Asia, even as Microsoft continues tweaking that latest version of its mobile OS.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 16 May, 2014 01:47
Microsoft is struggling to explain its requirement for Windows 8.1 customers to update to the latest version of the OS in order to receive bug and security patches.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 14 May, 2014 02:10
Microsoft is giving Windows 8.1 consumer users another 30 days to adopt the latest version of the OS before it cuts them off from receiving security updates.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 13 May, 2014 02:26
Microsoft has finally begun cleaning out the Windows Store by killing 1,500 scams and copycat apps. But by turning the other way when bad apps were uploaded, and maybe even paying for them, Microsoft was part of the problem.
By Preston Gralla | 30 August, 2014 01:24
When Microsoft first outlined its strategy 32 months ago to bridge the old style of PC computing with the new world of tablet computing, we were optimistic. Although Apple had revolutionized computing with the iPad, creating the fastest-adopted technology ever, its approach walled off the tablet from the PC, with two different operating systems, user interfaces, and applications. Instead, Microsoft promised a unified, adaptive approach that would satisfy everyone.
By Galen Gruman | 04 June, 2013 13:57
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTSenior Media TraderNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTMedia Planner Buyer - Media Trader OpportunitiesNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
Abstract: The need for advanced IT capabilities isn’t limited to big companies. Competent IT is an important philosophy these days, and organizations of all sizes are coming to depend on the functional capability, good economic value, and the competitive advantage that technology can provide. EMC’s new VNXe provides functional capabilities typically found in larger, enterprise-class arrays, but for an entry-level price.
- NZ PM rejects Snowden's spying claims
- Acquia to deliver government's cloud-hosted, open source CMS
- NSW Police decline to comment on WikiLeaks FinFisher report
- No one group should govern Internet, says Turnbull
- Canberra Data Centres and Digital Realty sign hosting deal
- Sprint, Windstream traffic routing errors hijacked other ISPs
- Oracle to acquire content storage management company Front Porch Digital
- NBN Co's Morrow promises 'aggressive' push to connect homes
- IT vendor partnership helps drive Aussie solar car team
- In brief: Thiess announces NBN contract win
- In Pictures: 10 ways Apple really has changed the (tech) world
- In Pictures: Rotten Apple - Apple's 11 biggest failures
- In Pictures: The many looks of the Apple Watch
- Want lithium-ion batteries to last? Slow charging may not be the answer
- eBay scalpers hawk iPhone 6 Plus at prices up to $6K