Windows Phone - News, Features, and Slideshows
- Visa and Vodafone unveil NFC mobile payment app for Android
- Microsoft reveals bankruptcy of devices strategy by dumping Nokia feature phones
Windows Phone in pictures
India has become the battleground for a new generation of low-cost smartphones, with Google, Microsoft and Mozilla all hoping to lure new users onto their platforms and services.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 01 July, 2014 02:08
Westpac’s move to supporting Android and Windows Phone devices “is another nail in the BlackBerry coffin,” according to independent telecom analyst Chris Coughlan.
By Adam Bender | 27 June, 2014 12:00
Microsoft today spelled out the "kill-switch" deterrents it will add to the Windows Phone mobile operating system, and said it would meet a July 2015 deadline for making stolen smartphones useless.
By Gregg Keizer | 20 June, 2014 03:55
What started out as a Windows Phone feature is about to become ubiquitous, and possibly Microsoft's biggest innovation in a while. Cortana, the voice assistant similar to iOS's Siri, is headed to your desktop and possibly other smartphones.
By Andy Patrizio | 17 June, 2014 05:00
Microsoft decision to ax the feature phone business it got when it bought Nokia's handset business for $7.2 billion shows the investment 'went for naught.'
By Gregg Keizer | 22 July, 2014 06:16
Microsoft's announcement of universal Windows apps demonstrates the company's commitment to improving its share of the tablet and smartphone markets.
By Matt Hamblen | 04 April, 2014 21:21
Microsoft is expected to launch an update to its Windows Phone platform to version 8.1 at its annual Build developer conference on Wednesday, followed by a separate Nokia event later in the day, reportedly to announce two phones running the new OS.
By Matt Hamblen | 02 April, 2014 06:34
Analysts were uncertain today whether the recent stretch of "go-low" moves by Microsoft means that the company has tweaked its strategy to emphasize services at the expense of devices.
By Gregg Keizer | 25 February, 2014 17:38
Nokia's disclosure today of weak Lumia sales last quarter has put Microsoft's devices strategy in the hole even before it finalizes the acquisition of the Finnish firm, analysts said today.
By Gregg Keizer | 23 January, 2014 20:49
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
The rise of mobile users and apps, coupled with the continued growth in SaaS, has transformed traditional business environments. Identity is the new perimeter. Learn what you can do with a centralized Identity Access Management (IAM) service across this hybrid IT environment.
- Cybercrime wave whacks European banks
- Hands on with Xiaomi's Mi 4, a high-end handset, with an iPhone look
- Teradata acquires assets of Hadapt, Revelytix for big data
- Verizon revenue rises steadily, driven by wireless service growth
- Members of UK Parliament call for judicial review of data retention law
- Big Switch aims to control the cloud with SDN product
- Nvidia's Shield gaming tablet to highlight 192-core K1 chip
- OS X Yosemite public beta nears release
- ARM's chip licensing revenue and profit keep on rising
- China's Xiaomi to sell $13 smart wristband, trumpets global ambitions
- Virtru launches business email encryption service for Google Apps
- 'Nadella Effect' makes Ballmer $2.8B richer
- We must end cyber warfare: RSA's Arthur Coviello
- Australians support biometrics at airports
- Goodwill Industries investigates suspected payment card breach