Windows Phone - News, Features, and Slideshows
Windows Phone in pictures
Microsoft is swamping the airwaves with a new ad showing how its Windows Phone personal assistant Cortana is superior to the iPhone's Siri. Is Microsoft on target or making false claims?
By Preston Gralla | 03 September, 2014 02:35
One more big phone maker has given up on Windows Phone. Huawei, the world's third-largest smartphone maker says that it will no longer release Windows Phone devices because it simply can't make any money on it. Where else can Microsoft turn?
By Preston Gralla | 27 August, 2014 04:07
Microsoft has considered making development boards for Windows Phone or Windows RT in addition to the x86 boards it already makes, but the company isn't saying if it would ever release such products.
By Agam Shah | 26 August, 2014 10:16
Opera Software and Microsoft have struck a deal to replace Nokia's Xpress browser with Opera Mini on Microsoft's dying line of feature phones.
By Gregg Keizer | 22 August, 2014 02:46
Less than a day after the HTC One (M8) for Windows went on sale "exclusively" on Verizon Wireless, AT&T also said it will carry the new smartphone, too.
By Matt Hamblen | 21 August, 2014 05:24
Microsoft decision to ax the feature phone business it got when it bought Nokia's handset business for $7.2 billion shows the investment 'went for naught.'
By Gregg Keizer | 22 July, 2014 06:16
Microsoft's announcement of universal Windows apps demonstrates the company's commitment to improving its share of the tablet and smartphone markets.
By Matt Hamblen | 04 April, 2014 21:21
Microsoft is expected to launch an update to its Windows Phone platform to version 8.1 at its annual Build developer conference on Wednesday, followed by a separate Nokia event later in the day, reportedly to announce two phones running the new OS.
By Matt Hamblen | 02 April, 2014 06:34
Analysts were uncertain today whether the recent stretch of "go-low" moves by Microsoft means that the company has tweaked its strategy to emphasize services at the expense of devices.
By Gregg Keizer | 25 February, 2014 17:38
Nokia's disclosure today of weak Lumia sales last quarter has put Microsoft's devices strategy in the hole even before it finalizes the acquisition of the Finnish firm, analysts said today.
By Gregg Keizer | 23 January, 2014 20:49
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Media TraderNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- FTMedia Planner Buyer - Media Trader OpportunitiesNSW
In the current market, there is an increasing demand for unbiased information about Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions. This whitepaper focuses on relevant solutions with an extensive overview of features for comparison. • The paper discusses Application and Desktop Delivery in the mobile world • Details challenges of the consumerisation of IT and BYO in tomorrow’s workspace • Explains the different Mobile Managements concepts, including the pros and cons
- Sprint, Windstream traffic routing errors hijacked other ISPs
- Oracle to acquire content storage management company Front Porch Digital
- NBN Co's Morrow promises 'aggressive' push to connect homes
- IT vendor partnership helps drive Aussie solar car team
- In brief: Thiess announces NBN contract win
- In Pictures: 10 ways Apple really has changed the (tech) world
- In Pictures: Rotten Apple - Apple's 11 biggest failures
- In Pictures: The many looks of the Apple Watch
- Want lithium-ion batteries to last? Slow charging may not be the answer
- eBay scalpers hawk iPhone 6 Plus at prices up to $6K
- Does Apple have a breakout product in its smartwatch?
- What Apple knows about smartwatches that Google doesn't
- Uber, competitors face regulatory battles in US
- HP unit pleads guilty to bribing Russian officials
- Harvard team develops soft robot that stands up and walks on its own