Windows - News, Features, and Slideshows
- CEBIT: Cisco develops VPN client for PCs, smartphones
- 4 Windows tablet/keyboard combos take on the Surface Pro
Windows in pictures
A wave of inexpensive Windows laptops meant to compete with the Google Chromebook is coming, but analysts say enterprises should carefully consider their requirements before choosing a low-cost device from either company.
By Adam Bender | 09 September, 2014 09:32
Microsoft's China division today briefly touted "Windows 9" in a post to the Weibo micro-blogging service, bolstering the speculation that the company will stick to a numerical name for its next OS.
By Gregg Keizer | 03 September, 2014 07:39
Chinese authorities have issued a 20-day deadline for Microsoft to explain "compatibility problems" with its Windows and Office software, after previously warning the company not to obstruct an anti-monopoly investigation.
By Michael Kan | 02 September, 2014 00:22
These small, yet obscure Windows tips and tricks can make a big difference in your workflow - and save you tons of time in the process.
By Brad Chacos | 29 August, 2014 08:44
Reformatting and restoring a PC is not fun--in the way spending 2 hours in the dentist's chair is not fun. You have to back up all your data (and pray that you haven't forgotten anything), reformat the hard drive, install Windows, track down missing drivers, find and reload all your software, restore your data, and pull out clumps of hair over the things you inevitably neglected to save. (Firefox plug-ins, anyone?)
By Rick Broida | 05 February, 2011 01:51
With all the many compelling reasons for a company to switch to Linux on the desktop, it's no wonder that businesses large and small are increasingly relying on the free and open source operating system.
By Katherine Noyes | 27 January, 2011 06:52
Maybe you didn't get the memo: Tomorrow marks the end of patches for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2).
By Gregg Keizer | 12 July, 2010 20:09
Microsoft has finally begun cleaning out the Windows Store by killing 1,500 scams and copycat apps. But by turning the other way when bad apps were uploaded, and maybe even paying for them, Microsoft was part of the problem.
By Preston Gralla | 30 August, 2014 01:24
Microsoft's decision to stop patching older versions of Internet Explorer in 17 months may not be as big a show-stopper as many assume.
By Gregg Keizer | 15 August, 2014 06:28
Even as enterprises try to get rid of their last Windows XP machines, Gartner analysts are urging them to start planning for the end of Windows 7.
By Gregg Keizer | 15 August, 2014 03:02
The Apple-IBM partnership will have little effect on Microsoft's dominance in the enterprise, or drastically change its mutating mobile strategy.
By Gregg Keizer | 17 July, 2014 06:28
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTSenior Media TraderNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTMedia Planner Buyer - Media Trader OpportunitiesNSW
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
CUA, Australia’s largest customer-owned financial institution, provides banking products and services to over 400,000 customers across the country. An initiative to develop new ‘branch of the future’ retail locations made securing mobile data and applications a number one priority. Read this case study to learn how secure mobility helped them to increase collaboration, manageability and innovation.
- NBN often 'indistinguishable' from existing broadband for many: Turnbull
- CoinJar flashes Bitcoin debit card
- US military unaware of Chinese attacks against transport contractors
- Anittel reports revenue of $36m
- Bug infects Apple's iOS 8 HealthKit, delaying app launches
- Google lets Apps users bypass admins and install third-party Marketplace tools
- The kill switch is here: iOS 8 enables it by default
- Reports of another wave of layoffs rekindle bad press for Microsoft
- AT&T to put service setup in enterprise customers' hands
- MIT's Cheetah robot is off its leash, running and jumping
- Scary video highlights danger of damaged Lithium Ion batteries
- Have a spare $9,000? Join Facebook for the rich
- iOS app devs warn customers off iOS 8's iCloud Drive
- Qlik courts the business manager with easier analytics
- iOS 8 is here -- and it's all over your network