wireless - News, Features, and Slideshows
wireless in pictures
A coming boom in connected sensors and devices will drive mobile networks into distributed computing, the president of Bell Labs says
By Stephen Lawson | 16 October, 2015 02:38
The gold standard for corporate networks today is MPLS, but carrier pricing issues and MPLS's failure to play well with new, cost-efficient forms of network access are causing problems for the legion of enterprise customers that rely on it.
By Hank Levine | 15 August, 2015 00:49
The average U.S. Internet connection speed continues to lag behind that of many other developed nations, according to the latest State of the Internet report from CDN and cloud service provider Akamai.
By Jon Gold | 07 August, 2015 00:51
Wireless charging is starting to make headlines, with companies like Samsung pushing the technology in its Galaxy line of smartphones. But did you know wireless charging goes back as far as the early 1900s?
By Sarah K. White | 27 July, 2015 08:16
Apple signaled the all-too-soon winding down of summer Thursday by revealing its annual back-to-school sale, which features free headphones for qualified Mac buyers.
By Bob Brown | 24 July, 2015 01:27
When discussing the ongoing revitalization efforts in Detroit, it's hard to miss the name Dan Gilbert. The founder of Quicken Loans, owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers, and a Detroit native himself, Gilbert's investment firms have funded dozens of tech startups in the city and turned its defunct old buildings into shiny new workspaces that look like Silicon Valley transplants.
By Colin Neagle | 30 June, 2015 00:50
Cybersecurity firm <a href="http://www.fortinet.com/press_releases/2015/fortinet-announces-agreement-to-acquire-meru-networks.html">Fortinet's purchase last week of wireless network manufacturer Meru Networks</a> for $44 million is the second major acquisition of a Wi-Fi hardware vendor in three months and, potentially, the start of a broader pattern.
By Jon Gold | 05 June, 2015 06:14
Managing the wireless environment at the average college or university can be a difficult task at the best of times, and when students and staff start using personal hotspots the sort that provide wireless data access from the same -- it's not the best of times.
By Jon Gold | 08 October, 2014 03:16
Sprint's new lower-priced shared data plan sounds ambitious, but analysts say it doesn't go far enough and won't address the carrier's network performance sore spot.
By Matt Hamblen | 20 August, 2014 20:20
Whitepapers about wireless
With the workforce more mobile than ever before, this whitepaper looks at how an "all-wireless workplace" approach can result in a 75% reduction in onboarding cost and 34% drop in infrastructure cost.
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTSenior C# .NET Developer (Focus WCF, MVC)VIC
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
One of the biggest use cases for the cloud – in fact, the biggest, in the case of hosted private cloud – is for backup and disaster recovery. This white paper explores why the Cloud is well suited for Disaster Recovery and what organisations need to consider to ensure that Cloud DR is right for them.
- Cybercriminals adopt spies' techniques to pull off online bank heists
- Watch hundreds of robots and drones in an amazing choreographed dance
- Java installer flaw shows why you should clear your Downloads folder
- Report: Hackers steal, post details on 9,000 DHS employees
- Facebook's Free Basics prohibited in India
- Mozilla moves Firefox to more flexible release schedule
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy
- Flash memory's density surpasses hard drives for first time
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Dragula looks to take the bite out of drag-and-drop
- Mozilla sets kill date for Firefox OS on phones
- LTE-U’s cold war may be thawing, as field testing commences ahead of summit
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go', are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser