Yahoo - News, Features, and Slideshows
Yahoo in pictures
For Yahoo Mail users, some messages just won't stay dead.
By Zach Miners | 11 August, 2015 05:05
Once-faltering Java is beginning to run away with the Tiobe language popularity index, with the language getting a shot in the arm from last year's Java 8 release.
By Paul Krill | 08 August, 2015 03:54
Google's started a car company...Samsung puts $85 million into cancer-victim fund...Apple explores offering phone service...and more tech news.
By IDG News Service staff | 04 August, 2015 21:05
Yahoo said Monday it had removed malware from its advertising network, after malicious code there had gone undetected for at least six days.
By Zach Miners | 04 August, 2015 10:35
Question-and-answer sites like Yahoo Answers may offer a quick way to ask questions and get answers, but they tend to be plagued by wisecracks, poor spelling, and generally low quality. On the other hand, a new site targeting this niche, Quora, is going to great lengths to keep quality high.
By Katherine Noyes | 21 January, 2011 12:00
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky start. Meanwhile, the post-PC era put aging tech giants under pressure to reinvent themselves. Here in no particular order are IDG News Service's picks for the top 10 tech stories of the year.
By Marc Ferranti | 09 December, 2013 19:51
After a year with Marissa Mayer at the helm, Yahoo is no longer seen as a 'dead company walking,' according to one analyst.
By Sharon Gaudin | 17 July, 2013 10:11
Google laid out its plan for the future of search at Google I/O, talking about a search engine for mobile and desktop that not only answers your questions but has a conversation with you and offers information before you even ask for it.
By Sharon Gaudin | 16 May, 2013 10:06
Research shows that 94% of CIOs believe that enterprise mobility has become an important part of their enterprise IT strategy. While there are many benefits for business, there are still risks when it comes to security. This whitepaper looks at the steps all organisations to take when it comes to supporting a mobile workforce.
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
This IDG Connect white paper explores the effect of how third platform technologies are affecting workers at all levels of IT. <p> The current expansion of the Third Platform presents a wealth of job opportunities for IT professionals with skills and ambition in mobile computing, social networking, the cloud and big data analytics. Based on interviews of 100 IT decision makers working for organizations in Australia, Canada and the US, this IDG Connect white paper from Randstad explores how third platform technologies are affecting workers at all levels of IT.
- Amazon wants companies to get onto its cloud using new services
- AWS re:Invent 2015: AWS assures customers it isatop the Cloud
- Microsoft: Go old-school to lock down Office from changes
- Google, WhatsApp integration lets users back up messages on Android
- Arista stock up on review of Cisco patent claims
- New service helps pull data into AWS from the Internet of Things
- Zendesk tool taps machine learning to nip customer-service problems in the bud
- Amazon launches QuickSight business intelligence service
- Microsoft expands FastTrack service to aid Office 365 migration for businesses
- Microsoft claims 110M devices now run Windows 10
- Greens call for Trans-Pacific Partnership assessment
- Verizon will use its mobile supercookie to target customers with AOL ads
- 8 tech startups ink $400K in new contracts
- EU Safe Harbor ruling could have bearing on Microsoft email dispute
- IPsoft's 'Amelia' virtual assistant just got a whole lot more human