Yahoo - News, Features, and Slideshows
Yahoo in pictures
Yahoo has reported an uncharacteristic rise in revenue for the second quarter, but it came with a hefty sum spent on boosting its search traffic.
By Zach Miners | 22 July, 2015 07:24
U.S. Secretary of Defense Ash Carter will renew his appeal to businesses to work more closely with the military on Thursday when he speaks to an audience of top executives at the Sun Valley conference in Idaho.
By Martyn Williams | 09 July, 2015 08:02
Windows 10 close to finished... Intel reshuffles leadership... Microsoft, Kyocera strike Android patent licensing deal... and more tech news
By IDG News Service staff | 03 July, 2015 23:11
Just months after Yahoo extended its long-term search agreement with Microsoft, Yahoo is testing a search partnership with Google.
By Sharon Gaudin | 03 July, 2015 04:41
Question-and-answer sites like Yahoo Answers may offer a quick way to ask questions and get answers, but they tend to be plagued by wisecracks, poor spelling, and generally low quality. On the other hand, a new site targeting this niche, Quora, is going to great lengths to keep quality high.
By Katherine Noyes | 21 January, 2011 12:00
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky start. Meanwhile, the post-PC era put aging tech giants under pressure to reinvent themselves. Here in no particular order are IDG News Service's picks for the top 10 tech stories of the year.
By Marc Ferranti | 09 December, 2013 19:51
After a year with Marissa Mayer at the helm, Yahoo is no longer seen as a 'dead company walking,' according to one analyst.
By Sharon Gaudin | 17 July, 2013 10:11
Google laid out its plan for the future of search at Google I/O, talking about a search engine for mobile and desktop that not only answers your questions but has a conversation with you and offers information before you even ask for it.
By Sharon Gaudin | 16 May, 2013 10:06
Cloud, big data and analytics, mobile, social, and IT security have impacted networking – bringing it almost to breaking point. This whitepaper looks at the future of networking to accommodate these evolving trends.
This e-book describes a hypothetical company as it reviews its traditional approach to WAN design and how it evolves its practices to meet their goals. This e-book includes a summary of the key components to WAN, 10 key architecture and design considerations and how businesses can grow their network while controlling costs and maintaining security.
- Amazon takes on MySQL with Aurora
- Over 10 million Web surfers possibly exposed to malvertising
- Car and pedestrian collision? There'll soon be an app for that
- Windows 10 adds full support for Canadian French, Mexican Spanish
- To see benefits, heath wearables must keep people engaged
- Someday your phone may stop an oncoming car
- NSA will lose access to 'historical' phone surveillence data Nov. 29
- Microsoft fixes crash-bug in Windows 10 just days before launch
- In Pictures: The weirdest, wackiest and coolest sci/tech stories of 2015 (so far!)
- In Pictures: How much do CIOs really make?
- Facebook opens Internet.org to more mobile operators
- Microsoft updates some Surface tablets ahead of Windows 10's launch
- Google to decouple Google+ from some of its sites
- Why I ditched my Fitbit and what this means for analytics
- Microsoft pours out the patches as Windows 10 nears release