Yahoo - News, Features, and Slideshows
Yahoo in pictures
Yahoo's share gains since November from a deal with Mozilla may be a clue about whether the search company can attract more users through the just-announced contract to change Internet Explorer's and Chrome's default search through installations of Oracle's Java.
By Gregg Keizer | 27 June, 2015 21:19
Yahoo is updating its search service on mobile devices, taking a leaf out of Google's book and highlighting content such as images, videos and reviews ahead of regular search results.
By Zach Miners | 26 June, 2015 07:27
Snowflake opens cloud data warehouse... Google puts a data center in a coal plant... Facebook opens Messenger to all... and more tech news.
By IDG News Service staff | 25 June, 2015 21:41
Next time you're prompted to update the Java software on your computer, pay attention or you might become a Yahoo user without realizing it.
By Zach Miners | 25 June, 2015 10:49
The Electronic Frontier Foundation released the latest version of its annual "Who Has Your Back" report on tech companies' data disclosure policies Wednesday afternoon, giving perfect five-star ratings to companies including Apple, Adobe, Dropbox and Yahoo.
By Blair Hanley Frank | 18 June, 2015 08:38
Question-and-answer sites like Yahoo Answers may offer a quick way to ask questions and get answers, but they tend to be plagued by wisecracks, poor spelling, and generally low quality. On the other hand, a new site targeting this niche, Quora, is going to great lengths to keep quality high.
By Katherine Noyes | 21 January, 2011 12:00
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky start. Meanwhile, the post-PC era put aging tech giants under pressure to reinvent themselves. Here in no particular order are IDG News Service's picks for the top 10 tech stories of the year.
By Marc Ferranti | 09 December, 2013 19:51
After a year with Marissa Mayer at the helm, Yahoo is no longer seen as a 'dead company walking,' according to one analyst.
By Sharon Gaudin | 17 July, 2013 10:11
Google laid out its plan for the future of search at Google I/O, talking about a search engine for mobile and desktop that not only answers your questions but has a conversation with you and offers information before you even ask for it.
By Sharon Gaudin | 16 May, 2013 10:06
In the current market, there is an increasing demand for unbiased information about Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions. This white paper focuses on solutions that are anticipated to have an important role in Enterprise Mobility Management. An overview of features has been created to enable a better understanding and comparison of capabilities.
Cybercrime is now a leading menace of 21st century businesses. Perhaps even more unsettling, many cybercrime victims have been breached despite sizeable security investments and best-of-breed product deployments. For this reason, the sophistication of recent attacks has created a widespread sense of fear and distrust among consumers.
- AllSeen cuts the ribbon on a bridge to other IoT worlds
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Tuesday, June 30
- With a month to go, Microsoft issues new Windows 10 build with Edge browser brand
- Gartner lowers its IT spending forecast, but says activity remains high
- Microsoft could write off billions on Nokia deal as early as Wednesday
- Toshiba readies scorpion-like robot for Fukushima nuclear plant
- Bruised by past mistakes, tech firms brace for 'leap second'
- City of Launceston swaps paper for tablets
- CenITex to live on in Victoria
- OPM hit by class-action suit over breach of federal employee data
- Which songs stumped Shakira? Shazam will now show you
- SA government looks for ICT innovation
- A fifth of SMBs not conducting information security audits
- FTC settles with developers of sneaky cryptocurrency mining app
- US personnel agency takes system offline after hack