Yahoo - News, Features, and Slideshows
Yahoo in pictures
Yahoo will cut 15 percent of its workforce and close some online services in a major turnaround plan announced Tuesday.
By James Niccolai | 03 February, 2016 09:27
Yahoo has followed rivals Facebook and Google in telling users it will warn them when it believes they face state-backed cyber attackers.
By Gregg Keizer | 30 December, 2015 04:23
As Yahoo tries to breathe new life into its Messenger service, some industry analysts say it may be too little too late for a company mired in rumors of a possible sale and executive turmoil.
By Sharon Gaudin | 04 December, 2015 00:07
Question-and-answer sites like Yahoo Answers may offer a quick way to ask questions and get answers, but they tend to be plagued by wisecracks, poor spelling, and generally low quality. On the other hand, a new site targeting this niche, Quora, is going to great lengths to keep quality high.
By Katherine Noyes | 21 January, 2011 12:00
Potential suitors for Yahoo's Internet business could include Verizon, Comcast and AT&T, which would want to access the company's 20-year-old treasure trove of customer data.
By Matt Hamblen | 09 December, 2015 23:14
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky start. Meanwhile, the post-PC era put aging tech giants under pressure to reinvent themselves. Here in no particular order are IDG News Service's picks for the top 10 tech stories of the year.
By Marc Ferranti | 09 December, 2013 19:51
After a year with Marissa Mayer at the helm, Yahoo is no longer seen as a 'dead company walking,' according to one analyst.
By Sharon Gaudin | 17 July, 2013 10:11
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCProgrammer/Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Moblie) 160115/AP/P/vhaAsia
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Visual VB.net) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
One of the biggest use cases for the cloud – in fact, the biggest, in the case of hosted private cloud – is for backup and disaster recovery. This white paper explores why the Cloud is well suited for Disaster Recovery and what organisations need to consider to ensure that Cloud DR is right for them.
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- SD-WAN: What it is and why you’ll use it one day
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
- SCO vs. IBM legal battle over Linux may – finally – be finished
- Microsoft adds conservative release 'ring' to Windows 10 beta program
- 6 things you should know about Twitter's timeline change
- Microsoft lets cautious users try more of Windows 10’s leading edge
- Bill filed in Congress would ban encryption backdoors
- Networking company name change madness is upon us
- Browser maker Opera's board urges sale to Chinese collective for $1.2B
- A new IoT gateway design could be Bluetooth's ticket to the cloud
- LG's G5 smartphone to have 'always on' ability
- Data science achieves the ultimate ROI: A craft beer
- SAP slaps patch on leaky factory software