youtube - News, Features, and Slideshows
youtube in pictures
Obama claims @POTUS, tweets...YouTube Kids shows beer ads...Samsung off the hook for some Apple damages...and more tech news.
By IDG News Service staff | 19 May, 2015 21:24
YouTube Kids, a Google app for preschoolers that is supposed to only show safe content, is full of videos that are potentially harmful to children, according to a complaint filed against it in the U.S.
By Loek Essers | 19 May, 2015 21:03
The next time you watch "House of Cards" on Netflix, think about the impact you might be having on the environment.
By Zach Miners | 13 May, 2015 08:44
YouTube is planning a paid service that will let viewers watch select videos without ads, Google confirmed on Wednesday.
By Zach Miners | 09 April, 2015 09:01
Would you pay to watch your favorite band go on a road trip? Or shell out five dollars for a short film series, with a new installment each week?
By Zach Miners | 09 April, 2015 07:01
Now that YouTube officially supports 15-minute videos, Andy Warhol's dictum that we'd all be famous for 15 minutes has proven more than a little prescient. Viral video is nothing to scoff at. There's more than just page-view bragging rights at stake--there's real money to be made. (Get popular enough, and YouTube will cut you in on ad revenue.)
By Christopher Null | 18 September, 2010 10:30
Although the video has been up for awhile, if you haven't had the chance to watch Amazon Web Service's VP & Distinguished Engineer James Hamilton spell out AWS facts at the re:Invent conference last November, do yourself a favor and pull up a chair. Fascinating stuff that gives you some insight into the rapidly evolving world of cloud computing.
By John Dix | 22 April, 2015 04:52
In the current market, there is an increasing demand for unbiased information about Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions. This white paper focuses on solutions that are anticipated to have an important role in Enterprise Mobility Management. An overview of features has been created to enable a better understanding and comparison of capabilities.
Identity and Access Governance is often used in reaction to demands from auditors. However, thinking of governance as only a means to pass audit is short-sighted. Failure to proactively manage user access to sensitive resources puts you at risk for sabotage, fraud, data breaches and financial penalties. In this whitepaper you'll learn: if your governance program is proactive or reactive, what to look for when searching for a solution to help you reduce risk.
- Uber throws in the towel in battle with French taxi drivers
- As Windows 7 breaks the 1B-device mark, Microsoft's challenge will be to force it back to zero
- Android phone vendors should improve update policies, consumer organization says
- Five smartphones to look forward to
- Ad fraud Trojan updates Flash Player so that other malware can't get in
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, July 3
- Cisco leaves key to all its Unified CDM systems under doormat
- IT firms' cloud appetite strong as gear sales surge 25 percent
- Samsung faces lawsuit in China over bloatware on phones
- Reddit sections go dark after exit of staffer
- Android ransomware on the rise in Australia
- Microsoft buries hatchet with Kyocera, ending litigation
- Plex hacker demands Bitcoin ransom for return of data
- Hands-on: Windows 10's latest build feels close to finished
- In Pictures: 7 things we hate about Twitter