HP's announcement this week that it's entering the 3D printing market with an industrial machine that is 10 times faster and 50% cheaper than current systems, immediately brought out the online snark.
By Lucas Mearian | 31 October, 2014 21:16
Hungary has ditched for now plans for an Internet tax after tens of thousands of people took to the streets last week protesting what they called an absurd and crippling measure.
By Loek Essers | 31 October, 2014 21:03
Sony's new mobile chief has a tough job ahead of him -- convincing people to buy Xperia smartphones.
By Tim Hornyak | 31 October, 2014 20:42
After partnering with Apple and Twitter for the enterprise market, IBM is doing the same in China with local Internet giant Tencent in a deal targeting growing businesses in the country.
By Michael Kan | 31 October, 2014 20:31
With Chinese vendors coming out with high-spec phones at affordable prices, Samsung is hitting back with two handsets sporting "metal unibody" designs that'll be targeting consumers in China with mid-range prices.
By Michael Kan | 31 October, 2014 18:34
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission appears set to reclassify broadband so that it comes under the agency's authority, but without explicitly prohibiting special access deals between broadband and content companies, according to a news report.
By John Ribeiro | 31 October, 2014 15:56
Fifty per cent of 100 Australian companies surveyed who use DevOps had increased their customer engagement, while 48 per cent reported reduced IT spending, according to the results of a new survey.
By Hamish Barwick | 31 October, 2014 15:31
The corporate shakeup at Google continues and now it's Andy Rubin, the former head of the company's Android business and the current head of its robotics arm, who's out.
By Sharon Gaudin | 31 October, 2014 12:28
Google is applying a surveying technique from the 1960s to a project that aims to collect data about users' computers without potentially compromising their privacy.
By Jeremy Kirk | 31 October, 2014 12:04
Several major national and international banks are planning to launch their own mobile payments apps next year.
By Martyn Williams | 31 October, 2014 11:53
Andy Rubin, the engineer who developed Google's Android OS and was lately in charge of its robotics efforts, is leaving the company, Google confirmed Thursday.
By Zach Miners | 31 October, 2014 11:44
Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull has said he's aware of the costs a mandatory detention scheme will place on the telecom industry.
By Adam Bender | 31 October, 2014 10:28
If you've always wondered if Mark Zuckerberg has a favorite hoodie, or a favorite programming language, now's your chance to find out.
By Zach Miners | 31 October, 2014 09:48
There are right ways for companies to use social media, and there are wrong ways. These 12 horror stories, spotlighted by a set of digital marketing professionals, are perfect examples of what organizations should never (ever) do on social sites.
By James A. Martin | 31 October, 2014 09:24
Don't be fooled: iOS 8.1 is no mere "dot" release. This rapid update from Apple is chock-full of great new features, several of which could change how you work, shop, and share.
Developed by the CIO executive Council in conjunction with Rob Livingstone Advisory, Pathways Advanced is a 12-month CIO delivered, small group, mentor based professional leadership development program. Pathways Advanced brings together best practice, thought leadership and business insights for today’s most promising ICT professionals
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
Mining company Teck Resources wanted to ensure high availability and responsiveness for its critical employee communications systems. To achieve this goal, Teck chose a comprehensive F5 traffic management and secure access solution that provides high availability and give users a more responsive experience.
- HP's move into 3D printing will radically change manufacturing
- Hungary ditches Internet tax plans after protests
- Sony's new mobile chief has hands full as handsets struggle
- IBM joins Tencent to target China's growing enterprise cloud market
- Samsung attacks Chinese rivals with new mid-range Galaxy phones
- FCC's Wheeler said to mull hybrid approach to net neutrality
- Some Aussie businesses using DevOps to improve customer engagement and reduce IT spend: report
- The Google shakeup continues: Andy Rubin is out
- Google project aims to preserve privacy when collecting software stats
- Major banks ready their own mobile payment apps
- Android creator Andy Rubin leaving Google
- Data retention is necessary red tape: Turnbull
- Zuckerberg to connect with regular folk in first 'community Q&A'
- In Pictures: 12 shocking social media horror stories
- In Pictures: 10 cool new features found in iOS 8.1