Google has issued patches for two new Stagefright-related software vulnerabilities, one of which affects Android versions going back to 2008 and puts millions of users at risk.
Microsoft is trying to make its note-taking program the best option for teachers in a competitive education technology market.
By Blair Hanley Frank | 06 October, 2015 03:19
IBM will acquire object-based storage vendor Cleversafe in a move to bolster its cloud business unit with more flexibility and simplified management options in the hybrid cloud, it announced on Monday.
By Katherine Noyes | 06 October, 2015 00:39
For nearly a year, Chinese hackers have used a novel one-two punch to compromise iOS devices.
By Gregg Keizer | 06 October, 2015 00:28
Windows 10 - and the fate of Microsoft's smartphones - will be front and centre at the company's Wednesday (AEST) event.
By Matt Hamblen | 05 October, 2015 23:35
A prominent Linux kernel developer announced today in a blog post that she would step down from her direct work in the kernel community, saying that the community values blunt honesty, often containing profane and personal attacks above “basic human decency.”
By Jon Gold | 05 October, 2015 23:28
Focusing on the "opportunities and challenges" associated with big data, a new investigation aims to determine whether new regulatory or supervisory measures are needed.
Work up your gift list, bookmark your favorite shopping sites and if you're really hardcore, get your tent ready. Black Friday 2015 will be here before you know it and bargains on everything from the new iPhone 6S and 6S Plus to the latest smart watches, TVs, tablets and laptops will be there for the taking.
By Bob Brown | 05 October, 2015 20:42
Microsoft on Tuesday will live-stream the New York City event where it's expected to unveil a new Surface Pro 2-in-1 and a pair of flagship smartphones.
By Gregg Keizer | 05 October, 2015 20:01
SanDisk introduced a line of heavy-duty, long-lasting flash storage cards for connected industrial equipment in the Internet of Things.
Twelve countries representing nearly 40 percent of the global economy have reached basic agreement on an expansive new trade deal called the Trans Pacific Partnership.
Twitter has made co-founder Jack Dorsey its new CEO, ending months of speculation and handing him the tough task of turning around the company's sluggish user growth.
Allies with Broadcom, Intel and VMware on OpenSwitch NOS
By Jim Duffy | 05 October, 2015 15:45
Nissan's latest concept car will pass the digital cool test but it won't do much to stop distracted driving: the entire dashboard is one huge display on which drivers and passengers can post anything.
By Martyn Williams | 05 October, 2015 15:26
As part of its push to deliver free basic Internet services to developing countries, Facebook has teamed with Eutelsat to rent the entire capacity of the AMOS-6 broadband satellite to deliver connectivity to Africa.
By Peter Sayer | 05 October, 2015 14:41
Research shows that 94% of CIOs believe that enterprise mobility has become an important part of their enterprise IT strategy. While there are many benefits for business, there are still risks when it comes to security. This whitepaper looks at the steps all organisations to take when it comes to supporting a mobile workforce.
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
Internal and external disruptions can impede business continuity and result in negative repercussions for enterprise productivity and data resources. This whitepaper looks at how improved mobility access can shield companies from unprecedented risks, resulting in greater cost savings and enhanced workforce continuity. It also highlights the benefits of having a mobile workspace technology which enables the workforce to have access to apps, desktops and files in difficult situations. Included are also four case studies where organisations are able to demonstrate a high level of business continuity with sound disaster recovery strategies in place.
- No need to panic: European Commission upbeat about Safe Harbor ruling
- When it comes to security, trust but verify
- Researchers steal secret RSA encryption keys in Amazon’s cloud
- Apple's new strategy for fighting off Android, retaining customers
- Atlassian takes JIRA beyond the development world
- Arista adds security to cloud software
- Windows 10 users back away from the Edge
- Doom or delight? Court ruling on Safe Harbor brings uncertainty to privacy dealings
- EU-US Safe Harbor agreement is invalid, court rules
- Panasonic shows world's first Ultra HD Blu-ray player
- Sharp's Robohon is both a cute robot and a smartphone
- 16Lab shrinks wearable computing ring, will sell dev kit soon
- Global civil rights groups coalition wants changes to Facebook's real-name policy
- Why the software world needs a 'no-fly zone' for patents
- IP camera makers pressure researcher to cancel security talk