Sony's new mobile chief has a tough job ahead of him -- convincing people to buy Xperia smartphones.
By Tim Hornyak | 31 October, 2014 20:42
After partnering with Apple and Twitter for the enterprise market, IBM is doing the same in China with local Internet giant Tencent in a deal targeting growing businesses in the country.
By Michael Kan | 31 October, 2014 20:31
With Chinese vendors coming out with high-spec phones at affordable prices, Samsung is hitting back with two handsets sporting "metal unibody" designs that'll be targeting consumers in China with mid-range prices.
By Michael Kan | 31 October, 2014 18:34
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission appears set to reclassify broadband so that it comes under the agency's authority, but without explicitly prohibiting special access deals between broadband and content companies, according to a news report.
By John Ribeiro | 31 October, 2014 15:56
Fifty per cent of 100 Australian companies surveyed who use DevOps had increased their customer engagement, while 48 per cent reported reduced IT spending, according to the results of a new survey.
By Hamish Barwick | 31 October, 2014 15:31
The corporate shakeup at Google continues and now it's Andy Rubin, the former head of the company's Android business and the current head of its robotics arm, who's out.
By Sharon Gaudin | 31 October, 2014 12:28
Google is applying a surveying technique from the 1960s to a project that aims to collect data about users' computers without potentially compromising their privacy.
By Jeremy Kirk | 31 October, 2014 12:04
Several major national and international banks are planning to launch their own mobile payments apps next year.
By Martyn Williams | 31 October, 2014 11:53
Andy Rubin, the engineer who developed Google's Android OS and was lately in charge of its robotics efforts, is leaving the company, Google confirmed Thursday.
By Zach Miners | 31 October, 2014 11:44
Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull has said he's aware of the costs a mandatory detention scheme will place on the telecom industry.
By Adam Bender | 31 October, 2014 10:28
If you've always wondered if Mark Zuckerberg has a favorite hoodie, or a favorite programming language, now's your chance to find out.
By Zach Miners | 31 October, 2014 09:48
There are right ways for companies to use social media, and there are wrong ways. These 12 horror stories, spotlighted by a set of digital marketing professionals, are perfect examples of what organizations should never (ever) do on social sites.
By James A. Martin | 31 October, 2014 09:24
Don't be fooled: iOS 8.1 is no mere "dot" release. This rapid update from Apple is chock-full of great new features, several of which could change how you work, shop, and share.
RCA unexpectedly jolted an otherwise slowing tablet market in the third quarter as Apple's iPad shipments continued to decline.
By Agam Shah | 31 October, 2014 07:57
Just five months after Apple took J.D. Power's tablet satisfaction award away from Samsung, it lost it today to up-and-coming Amazon.
By Gregg Keizer | 31 October, 2014 07:11
Developed by the CIO executive Council in conjunction with Rob Livingstone Advisory, Pathways Advanced is a 12-month CIO delivered, small group, mentor based professional leadership development program. Pathways Advanced brings together best practice, thought leadership and business insights for today’s most promising ICT professionals
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
BYOD brings flexibility and improved productivity. But it can also add inconsistent user experiences, data security challenges… even legal liabilities. How can you make sure you get all the benefits—and none of the hassles? Read this tip sheet to learn the top considerations before you BYOD.
- Ericsson's WebRTC browser available for download from the App Store
- HP to jolt 3D printer market
- Starbucks says 1 in 6 payments already mobile
- HP's radical new Machine could start computing by 2016
- Apologetic Microsoft unleashes Xim globally for Android, Win Phone
- FCC: A range of net neutrality options remain on the table
- iOS 8 app crash rate falls 25% since release
- Pirate Bay co-founder sentenced to 3.5 years imprisonment in Denmark
- Google to kill off SSL 3.0 in Chrome 40
- BlackBerry upgrades BBM with timed messages
- NASA puts finishing touches on its first Mars-bound spacecraft
- Facebook sets up shop on the Tor anonymity network
- Sharp smartband LCD uses 1,000 times less power
- HP's move into 3D printing will radically change manufacturing
- Hungary ditches Internet tax plans after protests