Adobe Systems said it is now encrypting data it collects about certain e-books after facing criticism earlier this month for not protecting the data.
By Jeremy Kirk | 24 October, 2014 13:27
O. M. G. Apple just screwed up my day. Completely.
By Mark Gibbs | 24 October, 2014 13:16
Café and coffee discovery app developer, Beanhunter, has acquired Australian based cafe industry job website CoffeeJobs.com for an undisclosed sum.
By TechWorld staff | 24 October, 2014 10:30
Amazon.com continued to increase its sales last quarter but losses also mounted, to the growing consternation of investors.
By Joab Jackson | 24 October, 2014 09:11
For Google, mapping the world's darkest corners means relying on some very odd Street View vehicles.
The launch this week of Apple Pay is giving many people their first taste of NFC payment technology, which allows them to buy things in a store by bringing an iPhone 6 close to a compatible terminal.
By Martyn Williams | 24 October, 2014 08:20
The blame game between Oracle and the state of Oregon is going into overtime, even before their dueling lawsuits over the disastrous Cover Oregon health insurance exchange website make it into court.
By Chris Kanaracus | 24 October, 2014 08:05
Microsoft revenue leaped 25 per cent in the first quarter but profit dropped, dragged down by expenses tied to its ongoing wave of layoffs and to the integration of Nokia's phone business.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 24 October, 2014 07:55
Canonical continues to aggressively equip its flagship Ubuntu Linux server software with more tools to help users build and run clouds.
By Joab Jackson | 24 October, 2014 07:37
GT Advanced Technologies and Apple have agreed to a deal that will let GT close the Mesa, Ariz. and Salem, Mass. factories where it was producing scratch-resistant sapphire, and void the contracts it had signed with its one-time partner.
By Gregg Keizer | 24 October, 2014 07:14
"I want to watch what I want, when I want, wherever I want, and I don't want to pay through the nose for it."
By By Jennifer Tuohy, writing for Home Depot | 24 October, 2014 07:07
It's been a bit over a month since Microsoft shuttered its Microsoft Research lab in Silicon Valley as part of the company's broader restructuring that will include 18,000 layoffs. This week, Harry Shum, Microsoft EVP of Technology & Research, posted what he termed an "open letter to the academic research community" on the company's research blog.
By Bob Brown | 24 October, 2014 06:16
Facebook and Yahoo have developed a mechanism to prevent the owners of recycled email addresses from hijacking accounts that were registered on other sites using those addresses in the past.
By Lucian Constantin | 24 October, 2014 06:04
Facebook is going old-school, with a stand-alone app for discussion boards aimed at letting users talk about shared interests without having to use their real names.
By Zach Miners | 24 October, 2014 05:48
Google, the search company that's investing heavily in robotics, is teaming with Oxford University researchers to work on artificial intelligence.
By Sharon Gaudin | 24 October, 2014 05:11
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
CUA, Australia’s largest customer-owned financial institution, provides banking products and services to over 400,000 customers across the country. An initiative to develop new ‘branch of the future’ retail locations made securing mobile data and applications a number one priority. Read this case study to learn how secure mobility helped them to increase collaboration, manageability and innovation.
- New material could lead to longer-lasting batteries
- RiteAid blocks Apple Pay, Google Wallet
- Senator wants Whisper to explain how it tracks users, shares their data
- Apple hands 8 execs stock awards worth up to $27M
- Neural networks draw on context to improve machine translations
- Toshiba Chromebook 2 review: An attractive Chrome OS experience
- The 'Backoff' malware linked to data breaches is spreading
- China develops its first homegrown server amid cybersecurity concerns
- Automation arrives at restaurants (but don't blame rising minimum wages)
- Honda rolls out pedestrian detection for Legend sedan
- Cyberespionage group launches sophisticated phishing attacks against Outlook Web App users
- Microsoft to continue using Nokia brand on entry-level phones
- Usage alert compliance a priority as TCP code enforcement heads into year three
- Symantec donates $260k towards cyberbullying prevention
- Court delays NBN Co, Pipe Networks battle