Mobile gaming giant DeNA is hoping a streaming platform that serves up plenty of female idol singers beloved by "otaku," or obsessive geeks, can be a hit with users outside Japan.
By Tim Hornyak | 18 September, 2014 16:42
The Local Government Association of Queensland is in the process of upgrading its CRM system and rolling out document management software as part of a customer-centric technology refresh.
By Rohan Pearce | 18 September, 2014 16:34
By John Ribeiro | 18 September, 2014 15:48
Amazon.com is providing more bang-for-the-buck with four new Fire tablets, with prices starting as low as US$99 for a Fire HD with a 6-inch screen.
By Agam Shah | 18 September, 2014 15:14
Spurring adoption of IPv6 and promoting a smooth transition of the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) are key Internet governance priorities for the year ahead, according to the Asia Pacific Network Information Centre (APNIC).
By Adam Bender | 18 September, 2014 14:44
The developers of a type of malicious software that encrypts a computer's files and demands a ransom have fixed an error security experts said allowed files to be recovered without paying.
By Jeremy Kirk | 18 September, 2014 13:56
As increasing numbers of Australians connect to the Internet using the National Broadband Network, they may well "wonder what all the fuss was about — and why the NBN is costing so much and taking so long," Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull said today.
By Rohan Pearce | 18 September, 2014 12:42
While Apple works to turn credit cards digital, an Australian startup is turning Bitcoin into a piece of plastic.
By Adam Bender | 18 September, 2014 12:23
The U.S. Defense Department plans to tighten reporting of cyber incidents against transportation contractors after the military found it was mostly left in the dark about successful attacks from China, according to a Senate report.
By Jeremy Kirk | 18 September, 2014 11:51
Anittel Group (ASX:AYG) has reported a revenue of $36 million for the financial year ended 30 June 2014, down 3 per cent on the $37.1 million it recorded in 30 June last year.
By Hamish Barwick | 18 September, 2014 11:11
A bug in Apple's HealthKit -- a back-end feature in iOS 8 -- is delaying the launch of outside developers' fitness and health apps, the company said Wednesday.
By Zach Miners | 18 September, 2014 10:57
In a move that could prove unpopular with IT administrators, Google has granted rights to end users of its Apps workplace email and collaboration suite to install third-party software from the company's Google Apps Marketplace.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 18 September, 2014 08:52
With the release of its new mobile operating system, Apple has become the first smartphone maker to enable by default a kill switch that can lock and secure a stolen phone.
By Martyn Williams | 18 September, 2014 07:55
Microsoft's massive staff reduction, which shocked many when it was announced in July, is back in the spotlight with a pair of reports that the ax will come down on another group of employees Thursday.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 18 September, 2014 06:58
AT&T says enterprises are about to reap the benefits of the software-defined transformation of its network with faster service setup through an online portal.
By Stephen Lawson | 18 September, 2014 06:56
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Media TraderNSW
- FTMedia Planner Buyer - Media Trader OpportunitiesNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
Business executives are challenging their IT staffs to convert data centres from cost centres into producers of business value. This paper demonstrates, through a series of examples, how data centre infrastructure management software tools can simplify operational processes, cut costs, and speed up information delivery. · Data centres can make a significant impact to the bottom line by enabling the business to respond more quickly to market demands · The systems which allow management to leverage real savings consist of modern data centre physical infrastructure (i.e., power and cooling) management software tools · Some data centre operators do not use any physical infrastructure management tools. This can be risky
- Microsoft plots Dynamics CRM update with an eye on marketing, global expansion
- Apple delivers final non-security Mavericks update
- China says US hacking accusations are 'totally groundless'
- Ig Nobels promise scientific silliness – which is kind of the point
- Citrix touts new ‘software-defined workplace' focus
- Right-to-be-forgotten 'dashboard' to help EU's data protection authorities
- Red Hat acquires FeedHenry to get mobile app chops
- BitTorrent opens Bleep peer-to-peer encrypted chat program to public testing
- Orange offers 'smart app' dev tool and global M2M location service
- Once your car's connected to the Internet, who guards your privacy?
- Beyond FLOPS: The co-evolving world of computer benchmarking
- Microsoft heads back to the desktop
- French crime database breaches privacy rights, EU court rules
- Ericsson dumps LTE modem business
- Toshiba slashes struggling consumer PC business