A California man who participated in a so-called warez music-sharing group faces a sentence of five years in prison and a US$250,000 fine after pleading guilty to copyright infringement charges in a California court.
By Grant Gross | 04 May, 2011 00:56
IBM plans to introduce technologies from its Watson computer, which beat humans on the game show "Jeopardy," for information-discovery use in enterprises.
By Agam Shah | 04 May, 2011 00:40
Outsourcer Cognizant Technology Solutions has reported strong revenue and profit growth for the quarter ended March 31, as customers moved work offshore to low-cost locations to maximize benefits from their IT budgets.
By John Ribeiro | 03 May, 2011 23:56
Nortel Networks has obtained court approval to accept a US$900 million bid from Google for the entirety of its remaining patent portfolio, it said Monday.
By Peter Sayer | 03 May, 2011 22:56
The communications regulator is gearing up for discussions with C-band satellite operators in an attempt to migrate a portion of the spectrum required for the television broadcast services to meet growing demand for mobile broadband.
By James Hutchinson | 04 May, 2011 00:01
Police in South Korea said they had raided Google's Korea head office in Seoul on Tuesday on suspicion that the subsidiary of the search engine company had illegally collected location data from application subscribers.
By Ralph Jennings | 03 May, 2011 18:35
The University of Wollongong has expanded the reach of its Innovation Campus after signing up Tickets.com as its latest tenant in the iC Enterprise 1 commercial building.
By Lisa Banks | 03 May, 2011 15:17
Groupon’s local iteration, Stardeals, has acquired Melbourne-based group buying site, Crowdmass.
By Computerworld Staff | 03 May, 2011 15:14
Several news services are reporting that the son of Eugene Kaspersky, founder of the Moscow-based security firm Kaspersky Labs, has been kidnapped for ransom in Russia.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 22 April, 2011 03:16
For a company that's known as the dominant player in the cloud market, Amazon's troubles on Thursday means a black eye for the company and for the cloud in general.
By Sharon Gaudin | 22 April, 2011 10:16
While developer interest in Apple's mobile devices remains solid, interest in Android has stalled among programmers disappointed with tablet prices and pressed by Android fragmentation, a survey published today showed.
By Gregg Keizer | 27 April, 2011 03:32
Acronis, best known for its imaging software, today released the latest version of its backup and recovery software, which combines file and bare metal backup and restoration.
By Lucas Mearian | 03 May, 2011 14:13
Brisbane-based networking appliance vendor Opengear will launch a new range of "smart" routers and console servers and the Interop trade show in Las Vegas next week.
By Rodney Gedda | 03 May, 2011 12:03
The Federal Government has announced the digital switchover date for regional Queensland, with the switch to digital-only television to occur on the 6 December this year.
By Chloe Herrick | 03 May, 2011 12:20
In the current market, there is an increasing demand for unbiased information about Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions. This white paper focuses on solutions that are anticipated to have an important role in Enterprise Mobility Management. An overview of features has been created to enable a better understanding and comparison of capabilities.
This white paper examines some of the forces behind rising adoption of cloud-based solutions, explores how cloud architectures impact data centres and discusses a series of concrete practices and technologies that can help companies collect the benefits of cloud computing without compromising uptime or overwhelming their power and cooling systems.
- Sencha's new framework helps enterprises build Web apps for all devices
- Hacktivist group possibly compromised hundreds of websites
- Salesforce sweetens the deal for growing SMBs with new Desk.com edition
- One third of enterprise iOS devices vulnerable to app, data hijacking attacks
- Austrian court dismisses class action suit against Facebook
- Skype for Business preview adds support for massive meetings, cloud-based phone administration
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Wednesday, July 1
- Latest Windows 10 SDK preview helps developers build cooler photo apps
- China tightens grip over the Internet with new security law
- Leap second causes Internet hiccup, particularly in Brazil
- Sony launches crowdfunding site, e-paper remote control
- Bauer Media chooses Dropbox for collaboration
- Australian IT spending to reach $78.1 billion in 2015: Gartner
- Xiaomi break outs of Asia, introduces phones to Brazil
- VMware settles claim of overcharging US government