Windows 7 has been a homerun for Microsoft -- becoming the fastest selling operating system of all time. But, there are still many organizations that can't seem to make the switch from Windows XP due to reliance on legacy applications that aren't compatible with Windows 7. Microsoft has a tool to help IT admins with the transition, though: MED-V.
By Tony Bradley | 15 October, 2010 05:39
The design director behind the website for the 2008 election campaign of US President, Barack Obama, has argued the digital media aspects played a crucial part in the Democrat candidate's victory.
By Lisa Banks | 15 October, 2010 14:08
The Back to the Future fan inside of us may want to call him "Doc," but his name is Dan Henriksson -- and he has just constructed a really awesome representation of a time machine. (Great scott!) The time machine concept is a "working" prototype (appropriately titled "The Time Machine") and is actually the result of Henriksson's graduation work from the HDK design school in Gothenburg, Sweden. Not too shabby for an art project, eh?
By David Saetang | 15 October, 2010 05:59
Optus has unveiled a new initiative called Optus Dollar Days, a range of pre-paid offers which start from $1.
By Computerworld Staff | 15 October, 2010 14:29
Opera has announced a full-fledged Opera Mobile browser for smartphones running the Google Android OS. Opera Mobile for Android, which is slated to arrived within a month, will feature hardware acceleration and pinch-to-zoom functionality.
By Daniel Ionescu | 15 October, 2010 00:38
With the arrival of Ubuntu 10.10, the list of reasons to try Linux for your business just got a little longer. The free and open source operating system is now more user-friendly than it's ever been before while still offering the many security and other advantages it has over its competitors.
By Katherine Noyes | 15 October, 2010 00:27
Apple's new anti-"sexting" patent was approved this week and despite the uproar, it may make perfect sense for businesses scared of sexual harassment lawsuits or just wanting to keep a closer eye on employee shenanigans.
By Barbara E. Hernandez | 15 October, 2010 09:04
The number of available full-time tech jobs has increased 46 per cent in the past year, and contractors' hourly rates are rising as companies seek ways to overcome the ongoing IT skills shortage, according to a monthly report from Dice.
By Jon Brodkin | 15 October, 2010 04:06
The prospect of data security in cloud computing - particularly public-cloud computing - has security professionals taking a cautious approach.
By Ellen Messmer | 15 October, 2010 04:06
The new version of Aruba Networks' Wi-Fi network software includes code to improve voice and video performance, automatically identify non-Wi-Fi radio interference and trap rogue wireless devices.
By John Cox | 15 October, 2010 07:02
The Mozilla Corporation announced Thursday that SAP executive Gary Kovacs is its new CEO, a move that gives the Firefox Web browser backer a leader with ample experience in mobile software.
By Chris Kanaracus | 15 October, 2010 06:20
A long-running price-fixing probe into the LCD panel business has netted its ninth indictment against a Taiwanese executive, the U.S. Department of Justice said Thursday.
By Dan Nystedt | 15 October, 2010 12:47
Advanced Micro Devices on Thursday said it wants to put its chips in tablets, relenting after months of denying any interest in that market.
By Agam Shah | 15 October, 2010 11:19
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has released details on the public hearings it will be holding into the state of complaints-handling in the Australian telecommunications sector.
By Computerworld Staff | 15 October, 2010 12:29
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTSEM Specialist - SEM AnalystNSW
- FTStrategic Account Manager - Google AnalyticsNSW
- FTData Product SpecialistNSW
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | Programmatic / RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
Technology has become the heart and soul of every business, but IT workload and system complexity become more challenging. This whitepaper details the future of IT, the major challenges facing CIOs, and the three ways to transform IT so CIOs can lead the way.
- HP gives Moonshot server its first Xeon chip
- Australian ISP stands up to filmmakers hunting pirates
- 8 big trends in big data analytics
- Panasonic tries tablet service for assisted living homes
- What Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg said in Mandarin that so impressed the Chinese
- Microsoft to discontinue free Xbox Music streaming
- Investor visa overhaul to boost venture capital for startups
- Vietnam police hunt hackers behind mass outage
- Apple to stop SSL 3.0 support for push notifications soon
- Xiaomi moving data outside China following privacy concerns
- At Austin airport, Wi-Fi predicts how long the security line will be
- Twitter weaves Fabric, but will developers be drawn in?
- AT&T signed up 500,000 cars for its 4G network last quarter
- Debian community splits over systemd, but fork still unlikely
- TIO task force to field NBN grievances