Nokia's Symbian-based 5250 phone is its cheapest touchscreen smartphone yet at €115 (US$145) -- but to get the price that low, Nokia has had to ditch some of the features of its predecessor.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 24 August, 2010 21:30
Engineers at Canon have created a digital image sensor with a resolution of 120-megapixels, the highest yet managed for a sensor of its size, the company said Tuesday.
By Martyn Williams | 24 August, 2010 16:48
Apple appears to be extending its touch offering from mobile devices to desktop-bound hardware, based on a patent application showing a touch-enabled iMac.
By Daniel Ionescu | 25 August, 2010 00:07
Microsoft says that it has more than 300,000 downloads of beta tools for developers creating applications for its Windows Phone 7 app store, which is set to compete with the app-laden marketplaces for the iPhone and Android phones.
By Barbara E. Hernandez | 25 August, 2010 08:47
For the second time in less than a week a Facebook account created by a North Korea-linked Web site has been deleted by the social networking site.
By Martyn Williams | 25 August, 2010 04:05
Imagine a social networking site geared specifically toward connecting college students with their on-campus academic and social communities. Sound familiar? Those are Facebook's roots -- before the site ballooned into a worldwide phenomenon with half a billion registered users. They're also the roots of Scoop<, a forthcoming mobile social app.
By Brennon Slattery | 25 August, 2010 02:07
Federal agents found more than US$150,000 in cash when they searched the house of Apple manager Paul Devine earlier this month, prosecutors said in court Monday.
By Robert McMillan | 25 August, 2010 04:05
The Apple iPad has been embraced by businesses much faster than its iPhone predecessor. That acceptance is primarily a result of the success of the iPhone, but it also opens the door for iPad competitors to enter the business world more easily once they're available.
By Tony Bradley | 25 August, 2010 02:29
Hackers are using tales of dead celebrities to build out Zeus botnets by duping users into compromising their own PCs, security experts said today.
By Gregg Keizer | 25 August, 2010 03:31
Remember when Princess Leia's holographic distress call blew you away? Nokia and Intel announced that they'll try to put similar 3D technology on mobile phones.
By Jared Newman | 25 August, 2010 02:31
Just days after making its updated version of App World available to all, Research In Motion acquired Cellmania, a company that offers back-end infrastructure for application stores.
By Nancy Gohring | 25 August, 2010 09:21
Apple has released a security update to its Mac OS X operating system, fixing a number of critical security issues in the software.
By Robert McMillan | 25 August, 2010 05:34
Second-tier outsourcers in India can provide specialized services and domain expertise in areas which their larger competitors such as Tata Consultancy Services and Infosys Technologies may find too niche to address, according to a report from Forrester Research.
By John Ribeiro | 25 August, 2010 03:32
Huawei Technologies plans to launch the U8150, which is based on Android version 2.2, at the Internationale Funkaustellung (IFA) consumer electronics show, the company said via e-mail.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 25 August, 2010 04:18
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- FTDigital Media PlannerNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
Rackspace Hosting, the world’s leading specialist in hosting and cloud computing, wanted to offer its customers an easy way to link dedicated managed servers to cloudbased servers. The company used Application Delivery Networking devices from F5 to help build a hybrid service called RackConnect.
- Report: Amazon building ad system to compete with Google's
- Airbnb to reveal 124 New York hosts to attorney general
- US warns 'significant number' of major businesses hit by Backoff malware
- Trade-in volume signals 'tremendous' sales for iPhone 6
- HP loses its leader on NFV, a key carrier network trend
- iPhone 6 rumor rollup for the week ending Aug. 22
- Google acquires Gecko Design for next-generation products
- Oregon sues Oracle over troubled health insurance website
- Cyborg moths could act like living drones in search and rescue
- SAP takes steps to simplify pricing and licensing
- Inexpensive Windows PCs hitting the market with help from Microsoft
- Study disputes predictions of coming spectrum crunch
- IBM turns to local rival for help as China gets tougher for foreign firms
- Security spending gets boost from mobile, social and cloud, says Gartner
- Microsoft engineer: 'Definitely problems' with test process after crippling Windows patch