Less than a month after its "permanent shut down," LimeWire has been resurrected by an anonymous dev team -- and it's better and more powerful than before. Or, well, something like that.
By Sarah Jacobsson Purewal | 10 November, 2010 01:35
Sprint Nextel CEO Dan Hesse downplayed the financial problems of Clearwire on Tuesday, and said Sprint may yet invest more money in the company.
By Stephen Lawson | 10 November, 2010 07:02
Microsoft on Tuesday will unveil the first developer preview of "Denali," the next major release of SQL Server, and will start shipping a data warehouse appliance stemming from its 2008 acquisition of DATAllegro.
By Jon Brodkin | 10 November, 2010 04:23
NetApp today announced hardware upgrades to its midrange and high-end line of Fabric-Attached Storage (FAS) arrays as well as to its Data ONTAP 8 operating system, which it launched a little more than a year go
By Lucas Mearian | 09 November, 2010 22:13
Technology giant Hewlett-Packard has said it is looking into reports
By Renai LeMay | 10 November, 2010 09:00
Businesses' traditional sourcing departments fear a loss of control of software-as-a-service systems, Forrester analysts have warned ahead of a major conference next week.
By Leo King | 10 November, 2010 02:08
Microsoft has offered free protection with Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) for some time, and it recently expanded the availability of the antivirus protection for small businesses. A recent move to push out Microsoft Security Essentials to Windows systems that don't have any antivirus protection, however, has some rival security vendors up in arms. From Microsoft's perspective, though, it's a little "damned if you do, damned if you don't".
By Tony Bradley | 10 November, 2010 05:10
The security systems of businesses must "evolve" as they move from virtualised data centres towards private cloud infrastructures, according to analysts at Gartner.
By Antony Savvas | 10 November, 2010 05:10
Steve Ballmer has sold more than 49 million shares of Microsoft stock worth $1.3 billion in the past several days, and plans to sell a total of 75 million shares by year's end. Does he know something we don't?
By Preston Gralla | 10 November, 2010 09:24
The planned merger of Indian outsourcer Satyam Computer Services with Tech Mahindra, its dominant shareholder, will lead to the creation of an outsourcer focused on key segments like telecommunications, manufacturing and enterprise applications, a company executive said on Tuesday.
By John Ribeiro | 10 November, 2010 04:01
Microsoft sued Motorola on Tuesday in a Washington court, alleging that Motorola is refusing to license patents on a reasonable basis, as it promised during standards-setting processes.
By Nancy Gohring | 10 November, 2010 10:02
Novell today took the wraps off a beta version of Novell Vibe -- its new social collaboration.
By Sharon Gaudin | 10 November, 2010 06:23
Victorian Premier, John Brumby, has promised every doctor in the state's public hospital system would be issued with an Apple iPad if his incumbent Labor Government was returned to power in the state's upcoming election.
By Renai LeMay | 10 November, 2010 09:47
If you’ve found yourself playing catch-up on Google Android, here’s a selection of resources from Network World and our sister publications to get you up to speed quickly.
By Bob Brown | 10 November, 2010 00:02
In this White Paper, IDC offers up some quantifiable benefits that Asian enterprises have observed as a result of deploying backup and recovery solutions. · Many enterprises are finding that the backup and recovery processes and technologies that they have implemented have not kept pace with the demands of the business · IDC identifies how organizations can experience savings and improvements from the deployment of different types of technologies · The benefits fall into three categories: storage environment cost savings; end-user productivity enhancements; and IT staff productivity optimization
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTAcquisition Marketing ExceutiveNSW
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
Rackspace Hosting, the world’s leading specialist in hosting and cloud computing, wanted to offer its customers an easy way to link dedicated managed servers to cloudbased servers. The company used Application Delivery Networking devices from F5 to help build a hybrid service called RackConnect.
- 129 out of 150 A/NZ websites fail Online Trust Alliance audit
- NSA privacy director defends agency's surveillance
- Slack now letting employers tap workers' private chats
- Would Amazon Web Services ever build an on-premise private cloud?
- Google to Apps users: take more responsibility for protecting your accounts
- Attack of the one-letter programming languages
- AMD tablet development stalls as priorities change
- SMBs get their very own Salesforce app store
- Global Forum: Innovation creates opportunity, causes disruption
- Apple turns 25 apps (Red) in campaign to fight AIDS
- Thwarting attackers with threat intelligence
- Segmenting for security: Five steps to protect your network
- Breaking up Google is just one possible antritrust option, EU lawmakers say
- 5 essentials of effective cloud data integration, a customer perspective
- 'Less' means more to malware authors targeting Linux users