ShoreTel has bought Agito Networks for its wireless technology that enables handsets to switch between Wi-Fi and cellular networks while attached to corporate networks.
By Tim Greene | 22 October, 2010 08:23
Android phones may be all the rage right now, but for AT&T the Apple iPhone remains its more alluring gold mine.
By Brad Reed | 22 October, 2010 02:15
Think those young workers, fresh out of college, all shiny and idealistic are driving the use of social networking at your company?
By Sharon Gaudin | 22 October, 2010 08:24
Dell is developing a tablet with a 10-inch screen that will be released next year as it tries to expand its presence in the handheld market, the company said Thursday.
By Agam Shah | 22 October, 2010 07:52
Nokia is focusing on Qt (pronounced "cute") as the sole application development framework for its Symbian and MeeGo mobile phone platforms for both native and Web application development, the company said Thursday.
By Paul Krill | 22 October, 2010 11:00
A new update to the Linux kernel adds a raft of security features, driver support, and other enhancements without increasing the overall size of the kernel at all.
By Katherine Noyes | 22 October, 2010 10:58
Hewlett-Packard on Friday said its highly anticipated Slate 500 tablet -- the company's first such device--is now available for purchase.
By Agam Shah | 22 October, 2010 13:24
One of the big draws of Windows Phone 7, at least on paper, is its ability to connect with the Microsoft tools and apps such as such as Exchange, SharePoint and Office that are already ingrained at enterprises.
By Shane O'Neill | 22 October, 2010 06:29
CHICAGO -- Verizon Wireless and its partners will release new LTE devices for businesses and consumers in the first quarter of 2011 to take advantage of faster wireless speeds, including portable two-way videoconferencing gear that can be used by repairmen in the field to shorten repair times, a Verizon official said today.
By Matt Hamblen | 22 October, 2010 05:20
AT&T on Thursday reported revenue of $US31.6 billion for the third quarter, up 2.8 per cent from the third quarter of 2009, with mobile data revenue and mobile subscriber gains from the iPhone driving the growth.
By Grant Gross | 22 October, 2010 01:41
Nokia is changing the way it updates smartphones based on the latest version of Symbian. Instead of receiving big upgrades, the products will be upgraded on a more continual, incremental basis, Nokia said on Thursday.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 22 October, 2010 01:44
Adobe warned Thursday of a critical bug in its Shockwave Player that affects both Windows and Macintosh PCs.
By Robert McMillan | 22 October, 2010 11:13
IBM said Thursday it has purchased financial governance software maker Clarity Systems. Terms were not disclosed.
By Chris Kanaracus | 22 October, 2010 02:38
The Australian Government is establishing a incident reporting database to improve the occupational safety and healthy of miners.
By Hamish Barwick | 22 October, 2010 12:37
Developed by the CIO executive Council in conjunction with Rob Livingstone Advisory, Pathways Advanced is a 12-month CIO delivered, small group, mentor based professional leadership development program. Pathways Advanced brings together best practice, thought leadership and business insights for today’s most promising ICT professionals
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
To improve business processes and gain efficiency, its important to identify the signs that your ITSM solution is outdated, inefficient or both. In this paper we look at key questions'you should be asking, such as: • Is your IT staff still using time-consuming manual methods to address common service requests and IT requirements? • Does your organisation lack an automated Service Request Management (SRM) system? • Is your current ITSM solution able to support all your IT reporting and information needs?
- Startup Slack gets $120M infusion to kill email at work
- Oracle's Larry Ellison isn't done building his legacy
- Microsoft Releases NEW Office for the Mac (Oct/2014)
- Microsoft teases Office for Mac with Outlook-only release
- Ericsson's WebRTC browser available for download from the App Store
- HP to jolt 3D printer market
- Starbucks says 1 in 6 payments already mobile
- HP's radical new Machine could start computing by 2016
- Apologetic Microsoft unleashes Xim globally for Android, Win Phone
- FCC: A range of net neutrality options remain on the table
- iOS 8 app crash rate falls 25% since release
- Pirate Bay co-founder sentenced to 3.5 years imprisonment in Denmark
- Google to kill off SSL 3.0 in Chrome 40
- BlackBerry upgrades BBM with timed messages
- NASA puts finishing touches on its first Mars-bound spacecraft