The Internet has been abuzz with rumors and conjecture about why blogging Web site Blogetery.com and its reported 70,000 bloggers went dark last week.
By Sharon Gaudin | 21 July, 2010 08:56
Google has given a major overhaul to the layout of its Images search engine's results page and introduced a new advertising format specific for this service.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 21 July, 2010 04:37
Adobe provides its beleaguered PDF reader with sandbox technology to thwart exploits. "This is coming out in the next major release", reveals Brad Arkin, head of security at Adobe, to Webwereld.
By Jasper Bakker | 21 July, 2010 06:07
Wikileaks has turned back on its system that allows whistleblowers to securely submit documents to the site after it was down for maintenance, according to the organization's blog.
By Jeremy Kirk | 21 July, 2010 04:35
As Google restructures its operations in China, the company announced on Tuesday that it would end technical support for two services belonging to a popular online forum in the country.
By Michael Kan | 21 July, 2010 05:08
Google has signed a 20-year agreement to buy energy from a wind farm in Iowa, giving it access to enough renewable energy to supply several of its data centers, the company said on Tuesday.
By James Niccolai | 21 July, 2010 05:41
Predictions for the Kindle's death at the hands of the iPad appear to have been premature as Amazon on Monday reported strong growth in sales of its popular e-reader after dropping the price to US$189.
By Dan Nystedt | 20 July, 2010 16:28
The recurrent technical problems that have affected Twitter for the past seven weeks have also taken a toll on developers of external applications built for the microblogging service.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 21 July, 2010 08:01
Microsoft may have a tough time fixing the Windows shortcut vulnerability, a security researcher said today.
By Gregg Keizer | 21 July, 2010 06:25
Apple on Tuesday reported strong earnings for its third fiscal quarter of 2010, with strong iPhone, Mac and iPad sales helping revenue exceed analyst expectations.
By Agam Shah | 21 July, 2010 07:13
Famous technology personality made the following statements
By Julie Bort | 21 July, 2010 08:17
After releasing its own handset to compete with Apple's iPhone, Lenovo looks like it may be preparing to take on the iPad. The Chinese company plans on releasing its own tablet PC at the end of the year.
By Michael Kan | 20 July, 2010 15:46
Accounting and ERP software vendor, Attache Software, has released a guide for small to medium businesses aimed at improving the use of IT within their organisations.
By Rodney Gedda | 20 July, 2010 14:56
By Jon Brodkin | 20 July, 2010 05:44
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
Eight breaches in 2013 provided a painful reminder that cybercrime remains prevalent. This year’s report once again covers the wide-ranging threat landscape, with data collected and analysed by security experts, while calling out seven areas that deserve special attention.
- Apple sends users scrambling for OS X Yosemite
- US Social Security Administration spent nearly $300M on IT project 'boondoggle,' lawmakers say
- HP invests in Hortonworks' Hadoop
- Apple losing its grip as top tablet company
- Malwarebytes questions poor showing in anti-malware protection-evaluation lab testing
- Thousands of sites compromised through WordPress plug-in vulnerability
- Are IT groups really ready for BYOD security challenges?
- Qualcomm: Interoperability, community keys to wearable technology success
- EU hears Google, Microsoft, Yahoo on 'right to be forgotten'
- Wearables will make first breakthrough in enterprise, panelists say
- Europeans call for a single EU copyright to get more access to online services
- Hackers steal user data from the European Central Bank website, ask for money
- Lenovo shows smart glasses prototype as it seeks hardware partners
- Salesforce.com launches Sales Reach for real-time selling and marketing
- LG notches record smartphone shipments on G3 strength