Eschewing popular choices such as XML, CSV and JSON, Twitter has opted to format the back-end storage of its user and systems data with a relatively unknown format pioneered by Google, called Protocol Buffers.
By Joab Jackson | 14 October, 2010 22:06
The publishing industry must embrace e-books and engage with the IT industry in order to reimagine book production, a Web development expert has warned.
By Lisa Banks | 14 October, 2010 17:33
Telstra has moved to lift its poor customer service record responded with the development of a new online self-serve billing option.
By Chloe Herrick | 14 October, 2010 17:25
The next chief executive for government-funded innovation body, National ICT Australia (NICTA), has big plans when he assumes the role later this year.
By James Hutchinson | 14 October, 2010 17:19
The Australian Industry Group has challenged the Victorian ICT minister and IT industry to properly explain the NBN to people and businesses who “don't know what they don't know”.
By Mahesh Sharma | 14 October, 2010 17:08
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) received a total of 3212 online complaints in the past year, more than three times the number of complaints it received in the previous year, according to the industry watchdog's annual report.
By Chloe Herrick | 14 October, 2010 17:00
Brisbane is to receive a new open access fibre to the home network, pitched as complementing the National Broadband Network (NBN), aimed at delivering 100 megabits per second (Mbps) broadband to every home and business within four years.
By Computerworld Staff | 14 October, 2010 17:01
Western Australia residents will have to wait until at least 2014 before the state’s health department will replace its ailing patient administration system (PAS).
By Renai LeMay | 14 October, 2010 14:16
The HTML5 Web development specification needs to be simplified in order to foster adoption across the industry, a developer has warned.
By Lisa Banks | 14 October, 2010 13:50
The Victorian Government has announced an ICT action plan worth $110 million with the aim of creating ICT jobs and to reinforce its status as the IT hub of Australia
By Chloe Herrick | 14 October, 2010 12:33
Cisco Subnet blogger Scott Hogg names his favorite free open source tools to keep your network humming.
By Scott Hogg | 14 October, 2010 12:29
Natural disasters, resource management, life sciences and e-health will be keyed as high priorities for a new global research and development lab to be opened at the University of Melbourne by IBM.
By James Hutchinson | 14 October, 2010 12:05
Our round-up of intriguing new products from Cisco, M86, Crosscheck, among others.
By Network World staff | 14 October, 2010 11:55
By all accounts, I am a BlackBerry "power user."
By Al Sacco | 14 October, 2010 05:23
Microsoft has seen a dramatic drop in the number of computers infected with Waledac, a piece of malicious software affiliated with a botnet that was once responsible for a massive amount of spam.
By Jeremy Kirk | 14 October, 2010 02:24
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
- FTCampaign Managers | Programmatic / RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTStrategic Account Manager - Google AnalyticsNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
- FTData Product SpecialistNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- FTSEM Specialist - SEM AnalystNSW
Today’s security threats increasingly involve application-layer DDoS attacks mounted by organized groups of attackers to damage web-facing applications by exhausting resources. F5 BIG-IP ASM provides application-layer protection against DDoS attacks.
- AT&T signed up 500,000 cars for its 4G network last quarter
- Debian community splits over systemd, but fork still unlikely
- TIO task force to field NBN grievances
- Government regulation on cloud security may spur SaaS use in health care
- Progress builds up developer chops with Telerik buy
- Monumental day for Wikipedia in Poland
- Microsoft misses Windows bug, hackers slip past patch
- IBM's chip business sale gets national security scrutiny
- IBM and Microsoft pledge to make their Clouds compatible
- Some Bank of America customers double-charged with Apple Pay
- Google to build Play-like hardware store for Project Ara
- Chicago takes top spot in mobile performance ranking
- Accused text-message spammers to pay $9 million in settlement
- Twitter brings log-in via phone number to wider app landscape with 'Fabric' platform
- Attach Xbox One Kinect sensors to Windows tablets, PCs with adapter kit