More than two dozen U.S. government websites should be urgently upgraded to use encryption, as whistleblowers are potentially at risk, according to the American Civil Liberties Union.
By Jeremy Kirk | 17 April, 2015 12:40
Australian web development shop PreviousNext is planning to release a significantly re-architected version of its aGov web platform before the end of the financial year.
By Rohan Pearce | 17 April, 2015 12:16
Vocus Communications (ASX: VOC) has taken a 14.5 per cent stake in Macquarie Telecom (ASX: MAQ).
By Hamish Barwick | 17 April, 2015 10:30
A lawsuit filed in California against Uber Technologies by a woman who alleged she was raped by a driver while taking a trip in Delhi appears to be heading to mediation.
By Martyn Williams | 17 April, 2015 09:53
Telstra group executive, business support and improvement, Robert Nason, will retire, the telco announced this morning.
By Rohan Pearce | 17 April, 2015 09:50
Rio Tinto is migrating its enterprise IT systems to an `as-a-service’ offering based in a public cloud.
By Hamish Barwick | 17 April, 2015 09:36
It takes many tools to keep IT systems running smoothly, and tech pros have their personal favorites.
By Ann Bednarz | 17 April, 2015 08:57
The Law Council of Australia has called for a bill that will increase the powers of the immigration department to collect biometric identifiers to not be passed before an assessment by the privacy commissioner of its impact.
By Rohan Pearce | 17 April, 2015 08:00
Some new Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge smartphone displays won't auto-rotate properly, according to early customers on user forums.
By Matt Hamblen | 17 April, 2015 07:25
Researchers at MIT have come up with a novel way to interact with wireless devices a miniaturized trackpad so small that it can be stuck onto a user's thumbnail.
By Jon Gold | 17 April, 2015 07:19
The Los Angeles Unified School District is seeking a multimillion dollar refund from Apple over a failed project to provide 650,000 students with iPads they could use at home.
By Fred O'Connor | 17 April, 2015 07:03
AMD has pulled out of the market for high-density servers, reversing a strategy it embarked on three years ago with its acquisition of SeaMicro.
By James Niccolai | 17 April, 2015 07:02
Security experts today called for Windows users to immediately patch one of the 26 vulnerabilities Microsoft disclosed two days ago.
By Gregg Keizer | 17 April, 2015 06:37
Researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have developed a tiny wireless trackpad that can be worn on a thumbnail.
By Martyn Williams | 17 April, 2015 05:57
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
For the foreseeable future, a two-tier DDoS protection architecture should continue to provide the flexibility and manageability that today’s architects need to combat the modern DDoS threat. This recommended DDoS protection reference architecture leverages F5’s long experience combatting DDoS attacks with its customers. •Learn the four categories of DDoS threats and the recommended mitigation architectures •Answer why you should consider a cloud based scrubbing service and how to choose one •Understand the benefits to a multi-tier DDoS protection architecture
- Google's Project Loon close to launching thousands of balloons
- Shape-shifting robot reveals secrets of Fukushima reactor
- FCC faces seventh net neutrality lawsuit
- Next on the Office expansion list: Windows 10 phone apps
- Why investors are so excited about Slack
- First Apple Watch health IT apps bring important messages to the wrist
- Insurance company now offers discounts -- if you let it track your Fitbit
- Apple's 12-inch MacBook can use third-party USB Type-C cables
- Gurucul identifies cloud threats based on identity, behaviors
- Microsoft shows impressively accurate hand-tracking system for VR
- Docker update speeds and organizes container deployments
- Facebook tries to keep it real by killing more 'fake' likes
- Feds lay down social media rules; enterprises should, too
- Should computers determine how our kids learn to talk? Maybe not
- Keep Windows 10 preview up to date -- or face a dead PC