There were 1361 confirmed data breaches reported worldwide in the first calendar quarter of 2014, up 119 per cent on the 621 breaches during the same period last year, according to Verizon.
By Hamish Barwick | 22 April, 2014 13:15
CloudFlare started a bug bounty program on Monday, joining a host of companies that are turning to independent security researchers to spot bugs in their network.
By Jeremy Kirk | 22 April, 2014 12:12
An anti-collision device trial designed to help trucks avoid accidents when they’re in convoy and trucking across New South Wales is due to start in June 2014.
By Hamish Barwick | 22 April, 2014 11:54
After three weeks of defending itself against patent infringement claims, Samsung switched gears Monday and began presenting its argument that Apple is the one that infringes others' intellectual property.
By Martyn Williams | 22 April, 2014 11:19
Mobile operators want a way to keep urban users happy as they get more thirsty for data, and a professor in New York City thinks he's found what they're looking for.
By Stephen Lawson | 22 April, 2014 10:57
Former GitHub CEO Tom Preston-Werner has resigned from the company following an investigation into claims of harassment.
By Joab Jackson | 22 April, 2014 09:34
Ellen's Oscar selfie, a very cloudy Sex Tape and a more-bizarre-than usual CES moment.
How 3D printing is transforming the world of medicine.
Reddit has it all: With its ear to the Internet the social site pumps out controversy, interviews, videos and stories.
U.S. broadband giant AT&T could roll out 1Gbps fiber-optic service to up to 21 new metropolitan areas, including Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco and San Jose, California, the company said Monday.
By Grant Gross | 22 April, 2014 06:41
U.S. iPhone and iPad sales skewed more toward devices with less storage space in the March quarter compared to the final three-month period of 2013.
By Gregg Keizer | 22 April, 2014 06:23
The price of Samsung's latest 28-inch 4K monitor has dropped by $100 to just under US$600, which could be a precursor to 4K monitor prices further plummeting as the technology goes mainstream.
By Agam Shah | 22 April, 2014 06:12
The Securities and Exchange Commission plans to review the cyber defenses of 50 Wall Street broker-dealers and investment advisers to determine whether they are prepared for potential cyber threats.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 22 April, 2014 06:06
Microsoft has extended its controversial yet successful crusade to extract licensing fees from vendors that use Google's Android and Chrome operating systems, adding Motorola Solutions to the list of vendors agreeing to patent deals.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 22 April, 2014 06:01
Many Americans think the next 50 years will bring custom-ordered, made-to-order organ generation, teleportation and robots that care for the elderly and sick. But not everyone's so hopeful.
By Sharon Gaudin | 22 April, 2014 06:00
Learn how every business can improve efficiency, compete better, and deliver compelling user experiences with flash. You'll also gain access to Gartner's 2013 Cool Vendor Report Download our ebook and learn how you can: - Improve efficiency - Compete better - Deliver compelling user experiences
- FTBrand Relationship Manager | RTB Trading Desk | Digital Advertising | SydneyNSW
- FTMicrosoft Business Intelligence ConsultantNSW
- FTDigital Content Manager/Senior Content Manager - CRM/Loyalty FocusNSW
- FTMicrosoft Business Intelligence DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTContent StrategistNSW
- FTDeliverability SpecialistNSW
This webcast explores how All-Flash enterprise storage compares to traditional disk-centric arrays. Learn how to best leverage Flash so databases thrive and limitations of I/O disappear, while exploring the pitfalls and peculiarities of Flash, and how to optimise its performance as a storage solution to ensure reliance, predictability and cost savings for a variety of enterprise workloads.
- Toshiba, SanDisk NAND flash memory shrinks to 15-nanometer process
- Bing for schools out of pilot stage, promises ad-free search
- NSA spying revelations have tired out China's Huawei
- Brazil's senate passes Internet legislation ahead of NETmundial conference
- US to vote on sharp increase in broadband subsidies
- Coding error protects some Android apps from Heartbleed
- Optus Satellite extends NZ market reach with Wireless Nation deal
- Dorian Nakamoto thanks Bitcoin users for donations
- While Heartbleed distracts, hackers hit US universities
- Should Australians prepare for rubber-hose cryptanalysis?
- Violin and Microsoft play a duet to speed up applications
- Phone buyers are hanging up on subsidies, AT&T says
- Reddit demotes technology subthread after posts were deleted
- What kind of tablet does $5000 get you?
- In Pictures: 10 great Android apps for IT pros