Australian electronic payment business, Payment Adviser, has transitioned to a hosted virtual desktop as part of its outsourced business model.
By Hamish Barwick | 30 October, 2014 11:31
The future telecom industry will compete on who can provide the best converged experience, according to Telstra CTO Vish Nandlall.
By Adam Bender | 30 October, 2014 11:29
The Australian government today introduced a bill for mandatory data retention that will require telcos and ISPs to retain records of people's telephone and internet communications for two years.
By Rebecca Merrett | 30 October, 2014 11:20
The company behind CurrentC, an in-store mobile payment system backed by some of the biggest retailers in the U.S., attempted on Wednesday to play down a growing controversy over whether its backers could accept Apple Pay.
By Martyn Williams | 30 October, 2014 09:37
The dictum, "Please turn off all cell phones" at your local movie theater may soon be expanded to include Google Glass, smartwatches, GoPros, life-logging cameras, and a cast of thousands of other wearables.
By Zach Miners | 30 October, 2014 09:32
The Internet2 this week said it can now demonstrate a nationwide virtualized multitenant network that operates as multiple discrete, private networks.
By Jim Duffy | 30 October, 2014 08:11
Microsoft has handed out pink slips in a third round of job cuts that "almost" concludes its plan to eliminate 18,000 positions.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 30 October, 2014 07:26
High-tech entrepreneur Elon Musk made headlines when he said artificial intelligence research is a danger to humanity, but researchers from some of the top U.S. universities say he's not so far off the mark.
By Sharon Gaudin | 30 October, 2014 07:21
As the U.S. has discovered, it only takes a few cases of Ebola to turn things upside down.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 30 October, 2014 07:03
Microsoft has switched on special search features in Office 365 designed to help IT administrators keep tabs on employees' spreadsheets, a task becoming more difficult and more important in enterprises.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 30 October, 2014 06:46
Apple's new iPhones are poised to have a very strong holiday sales season in the U.S., said Kantar's Carolina Milanesi today.
By Gregg Keizer | 30 October, 2014 06:06
As small businesses make their Wi-Fi more enterprise-like, Ruckus Wireless wants to meet them where they live with that hallmark of consumer tech, the mobile app.
By Stephen Lawson | 30 October, 2014 05:32
Cybercriminals have a new tool to make the most of stolen credit card details before payment processors detect the fraud, security researchers warn.
By Lucian Constantin | 30 October, 2014 04:54
Hoping to enlarge its pool of corporate customers to include the enterprise market, startup BitYota will soon offer its data warehouse service on the Microsoft Azure cloud, thanks to a partnership between the two companies.
By Joab Jackson | 30 October, 2014 04:51
HP has announced a new 3D printing technology called Multi Jet Fusion that it said will enable mass production of parts with a technology traditionally reserved for rapid prototyping.
By Lucas Mearian | 30 October, 2014 04:42
Developed by the CIO executive Council in conjunction with Rob Livingstone Advisory, Pathways Advanced is a 12-month CIO delivered, small group, mentor based professional leadership development program. Pathways Advanced brings together best practice, thought leadership and business insights for today’s most promising ICT professionals
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
Rackspace Hosting, the world’s leading specialist in hosting and cloud computing, wanted to offer its customers an easy way to link dedicated managed servers to cloudbased servers. The company used Application Delivery Networking devices from F5 to help build a hybrid service called RackConnect.
- Sharp smartband LCD uses 1,000 times less power
- HP's move into 3D printing will radically change manufacturing
- Hungary ditches Internet tax plans after protests
- Sony's new mobile chief has hands full as handsets struggle
- IBM joins Tencent to target China's growing enterprise cloud market
- Samsung attacks Chinese rivals with new mid-range Galaxy phones
- FCC's Wheeler said to mull hybrid approach to net neutrality
- Some Aussie businesses using DevOps to improve customer engagement and reduce IT spend: report
- The Google shakeup continues: Andy Rubin is out
- Google project aims to preserve privacy when collecting software stats
- Major banks ready their own mobile payment apps
- Android creator Andy Rubin leaving Google
- Data retention is necessary red tape: Turnbull
- Zuckerberg to connect with regular folk in first 'community Q&A'
- In Pictures: 12 shocking social media horror stories