IDC Case Study - EMC IT Increasing Efficiency, Reducing Costs, and Optimising IT with Data Deduplication
This IDC Buyers Case Study: Explores the benefits EMC realised from the use of a range of EMC's own backup and recovery solutions that leverage deduplication technology; Identifies the unique backup challenges for different computing environments and how data deduplication can address these environments; Highlight EMC's legacy backup environment and the changes EMC made as part of a transformation process to increase efficiency, reduce cost and optimise IT - as part of its journey to the private cloud.
Email archiving is a little bit like driving your reliable car. You expect it to operate smoothly, day after day, and do not necessarily plan for any crisis events such as a sudden engine failure. That is about the same perception many enterprises have about email. They don't worry about backup, about archiving, about eDiscovery, until, as one IT administrator said, something goes wrong. As the CIO whose diverse responsibilities includes budget control, cost avoidance, risk mitigation, data management and supporting the operational excellence of the enterprise as a whole, email archiving may not always be top of mind. Until something goes wrong. Read this whitepaper to learn how next-gen email archive delivers true business value. Download whitepaper »
According to IDC, sixty percent (60%) of business critical information is now stored, sometimes exclusively, in email. It۪s more important than ever to establish an email archiving strategy that ensures business continuity and information availability. Modern email archiving solutions are changing to accommodate the new realities of the digital workplace and can intelligently store, manage and discover email content to meet business and compliance requirements. Read this paper to learn how to solve your top email challenges. Download whitepaper »
This infographic compares legacy backup solutions with modern data protection solutions, showing legacy backups shortcomings in pivotal areas of data protection, such as application awareness, support for cloud tiers and more. Check out this infographic to learn why modern data solutions deliver more benefits than legacy backups. Download whitepaper »
This report showcases the results from a Computerworld survey across IT managers and CIOs on their organisation’s use and intentions around data backup and recovery processes. Find out: how IT leaders are changing the way they protect their organisation’s valuable information, the most popular uses and intentions around data backup practices and how organisations are dealing with exponential data growth.
Opportunities to truly innovate are rare. Yet today, flash technology has created the opportunity to not only deliver massive I/O performance, but to transform ease-of-use, array capabilities, and business value. This whitepaper is a quick and concise guide to show how you can use all-flash storage to benefit your business.
- Uber throws in the towel in battle with French taxi drivers
- As Windows 7 breaks the 1B-device mark, Microsoft's challenge will be to force it back to zero
- Android phone vendors should improve update policies, consumer organization says
- Five smartphones to look forward to
- Ad fraud Trojan updates Flash Player so that other malware can't get in
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, July 3
- Cisco leaves key to all its Unified CDM systems under doormat
- IT firms' cloud appetite strong as gear sales surge 25 percent
- Samsung faces lawsuit in China over bloatware on phones
- Reddit sections go dark after exit of staffer
- Android ransomware on the rise in Australia
- Microsoft buries hatchet with Kyocera, ending litigation
- Plex hacker demands Bitcoin ransom for return of data
- Hands-on: Windows 10's latest build feels close to finished
- In Pictures: 7 things we hate about Twitter