MLB Network Case Study
From 2009 through early 2011 MLB Network connected to the outside world through dual 45-megabit DS3 circuits, but with as many as 1000 users during the baseball season transferring everything from video files to player statistics, the network had reached saturation. “We were seeing 98% utilisation on our routers then, and wanted to ensure we were prepared for the MLB First-Year Player Draft in June,” said MLB Network IT director Cindy Cortell. Read more.
The broader cloud market is on the cusp of significant diversification, as organisations discover the best approach to cloud computing is a mixture of both on-premise and off-premise solutions. This whitepaper looks at survey results that showcase: the predicted future cloud landscape in ANZ, key challenges and considerations that arise as more organisations adopt cloud for mission critical applications, and how cloud customers can get the most out of their solutions by achieving the transparency around solutions. Download whitepaper »
Hot Topic, a large mall and web-based specialty retailer needed to reward and communicate with their customers. This report looks at how they launch a customer loyalty program that helped them gain insights, interests, habits, trends, buying behaviour and exceeded all expectations. Download whitepaper »
CSO Insights recently completed their 21st annual Sales Performance Optimization (SPO) Study, surveying over 1,000 sales organisations worldwide. They found 5 key best practices emerge from the data to help enable sales teams to meet and exceed quotas. In this e-book, we examine the five practices that you can implement today to ensure meeting or exceeding your sales goals in 2015. Download whitepaper »
Cloud, big data and analytics, mobile, social, and IT security have impacted networking – bringing it almost to breaking point. This whitepaper looks at the future of networking to accommodate these evolving trends.
This whitepaper looks at the results from the this is the largest study on the specific topic of changing physical and virtual meeting behaviours and the evolving requirements of the collaborative workforce for virtual collaboration and web conferencing. See why nearly 30% of employees report that the number of meetings they have is increasing, with an average of 10 meetings per week, why one-third of all meetings are ad hoc – impromptu or ‘drive-by’ meetings that are neither pre scheduled nor formal in nature and why the use of old tools and structure are ill-suited for the needs of the new agile, collaborative workforce.
- Windows 10's usage share jumps 4x in three days
- Lawmakers propose new visa for foreign tech entrepreneurs
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
- Microsoft scores with free Windows 10 upgrade as downloads tally 10x Windows 8's first-day sales
- It's SysAdmin Day: Let us celebrate with coffee
- ISP argues net neutrality rules violate its right to block content
- Former Hacking Team developer reportedly in contact with a terrorist group
- Italian police shutter Dark Web marketplace
- Black Hat 2015: Cracking just about anything
- Android Studio focuses on C++ editing
- New Google Glass for businesses will reportedly attach to other eyewear