This paper will discuss strategies for controlling a broad range of recreational Internet traffic such as instant messaging, P2P file downloads and social networking activities that can significantly slow business applications and impact employee productivity. By implementing a solution to effectively detect, classify and control recreational traffic, including encrypted P2P traffic designed to slip past corporate firewalls, organisations can improve employee productivity, accelerate application response times, reclaim bandwidth for business-critical applications and defer costly bandwidth upgrades. Read this whitepaper.
Increase the speed and efficiency of your wide area network. Exinda’s Integrated Application Assurance Suite delivers everything you need to manage your application performance and ensure the highest quality user experience for applications consumed over the WAN and Internet. Unlike conventional WAN Optimisation solutions that focus on acceleration only, Exinda delivers Assessment, Acceleration and Assurance capabilities within a single integrated offering to assure user experience for any application, anywhere at any time. Read more.
Networking isn’t about applications or technology — it’s about users. The business pressure to consolidate IT, support empowered users, and provide customised experiences to customers is stressing today’s architectures and reshaping networks. The old approach of building networks around applications is too static. Read more.
A key priority for Ryerson is to provide consistent access to network applications, which range from a public-facing web site to critical applications such as student registration and learning management. With students, faculty, and staff all vying for the same resources on the network (including as many as 5000 wireless users at any given time), Ryerson needed a way to provide a predictable user experience. Read more.
This white paper examines the growing performance gap that has emerged between the priorities and SLAs of distributed businesses and the ability of branch networks to support them.
From 2009 through early 2011 MLB Network connected to the outside world through dual 45-megabit DS3 circuits, but with as many as 1000 users during the baseball season transferring everything from video files to player statistics, the network had reached saturation. “We were seeing 98% utilisation on our routers then, and wanted to ensure we were prepared for the MLB First-Year Player Draft in June,” said MLB Network IT director Cindy Cortell. Read more.
Tranzqual is in the Industry Training Organisation responsible for setting world class training standards for the commercial road transport, passenger services, warehouse and logistics, fright forwarding, ports and stevedoring industries. The company works with a wide variety of companies with these industries including transport, bus. courier, taxi warehousing, logistics, ports and stevedoring companies to increase the skills and knowledge of their employees. Read more.
Companies that do not rise to the challenge of ensuring performance over complex networks find it increasingly difficult to compete in a virtualised, cloud based world. Organisations improve performance using several different technologies, which increases the complexity of performance management initiatives. The emerging nature of application deployment and consumption in today's business adds to this complexity. Now it is common for applications to be delivered via cloud based systems, both internal and public, and increasingly these applications are consumed on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Read more.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is