The simplest definition of information governance is the management of information assets within an organisation with the end result being compliance and information value creation. The challenge is to implement the controls of compliance while allowing the flexibility to create value from information.
Why simple, elegant tools are better for solving complex, changing problems. An enterprise content management (ECM) system can dramatically improve the business productivity infrastructure of an organisation. The benefits are substantial, but implementing a successful system requires lots of hard work, attention to detail and dedication.
The theory is that GRC allows organisations to open communication between, and deliver visibility across, programs. Breaking down department program silos provides employees with information that helps them meet their objectives and gives the organisation assurance that its processes are operating as designed.
Organisations have always struggled to balance centralised control with individual autonomy. On one side lie the back-office policies and support systems that govern how work is done. On the other side sit knowledge workers, equipped with skills and expertise developed through years of experience. These managers and frontline employees understand the importance of process, but they bristle under too much top-down discipline. Read on.
We all know that the main advantage to cloud computing is that companies can reduce IT capital and operating expenses and align their technology spending more directly with utilization. These advantages are strikingly similar to those achieved by implementing shared services. The disadvantages to the cloud—which aren’t necessarily common to shared services—include data ownership, niche integration requirements and agreeable separation. If moving to the cloud makes sense for your organisation, consider the ECM Shared Service model as an initial step in the transition. Read on.
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Join ME Bank, Deutsche Bank and Proofpoint (USA) speakers for a discussion on banking trojans. Register now
- Hear from International Tom Corn on the future of security virtualisation | 28th July 2016 Victoria
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing