The simplest definition of information governance is the management of information assets within an organisation with the end result being compliance and information value creation. The challenge is to implement the controls of compliance while allowing the flexibility to create value from information.
Why simple, elegant tools are better for solving complex, changing problems. An enterprise content management (ECM) system can dramatically improve the business productivity infrastructure of an organisation. The benefits are substantial, but implementing a successful system requires lots of hard work, attention to detail and dedication.
The theory is that GRC allows organisations to open communication between, and deliver visibility across, programs. Breaking down department program silos provides employees with information that helps them meet their objectives and gives the organisation assurance that its processes are operating as designed.
Organisations have always struggled to balance centralised control with individual autonomy. On one side lie the back-office policies and support systems that govern how work is done. On the other side sit knowledge workers, equipped with skills and expertise developed through years of experience. These managers and frontline employees understand the importance of process, but they bristle under too much top-down discipline. Read on.
We all know that the main advantage to cloud computing is that companies can reduce IT capital and operating expenses and align their technology spending more directly with utilization. These advantages are strikingly similar to those achieved by implementing shared services. The disadvantages to the cloud—which aren’t necessarily common to shared services—include data ownership, niche integration requirements and agreeable separation. If moving to the cloud makes sense for your organisation, consider the ECM Shared Service model as an initial step in the transition. Read on.
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
Organisations are struggling with a torrent of data thanks to cloud computing, mobility and the Internet of Things. And conventional backup and recovery methods are failing. This white paper outlines the benefits of a modern approach to disaster recovery.
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- SD-WAN: What it is and why you’ll use it one day
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
- SCO vs. IBM legal battle over Linux may – finally – be finished
- Microsoft adds conservative release 'ring' to Windows 10 beta program
- 6 things you should know about Twitter's timeline change
- Microsoft lets cautious users try more of Windows 10’s leading edge
- Bill filed in Congress would ban encryption backdoors
- Networking company name change madness is upon us
- Browser maker Opera's board urges sale to Chinese collective for $1.2B
- A new IoT gateway design could be Bluetooth's ticket to the cloud
- LG's G5 smartphone to have 'always on' ability
- Data science achieves the ultimate ROI: A craft beer