While many who invest in Data Centre Infrastructure Management (DCIM) software benefit greatly, some do not. Research has revealed a number of pitfalls that end users should avoid when evaluating and implementing DCIM solutions. Choosing an inappropriate solution, relying on inadequate processes, and a lack of commitment / ownership / knowledge can each undermine a chosen toolset’s ability to deliver the value it was designed to provide. This paper describes these common pitfalls and provides practical guidance on how to avoid them.
Surprise incidences of downtime in server rooms and remote wiring closets lead to sleepless nights for many IT managers. Most can recount horror stories about how bad luck, human error, or just simple incompetence brought their server rooms down. This paper analyzes several of these incidents and makes recommendations for how a basic monitoring system can help reduce the occurrence of these unanticipated events.
Business executives are challenging their IT staffs to convert data centres from cost centres into producers of business value. This paper demonstrates, through a series of examples, how data centre infrastructure management software tools can simplify operational processes, cut costs, and speed up information delivery.
· Data centres can make a significant impact to the bottom line by enabling the business to respond more quickly to market demands
· The systems which allow management to leverage real savings consist of modern data centre physical infrastructure (i.e., power and cooling) management software tools · Some data centre operators do not use any physical infrastructure management tools. This can be risky
Standardised, pre-assembled and integrated data centre facility power and cooling modules are at least 60% faster to deploy, and provide a first cost savings of 13% or more compared to traditional data centre power and cooling infrastructure. Facility modules, also referred to in the data centre industry as containerised power and cooling plants, allow data centre designers to shift their thinking from a customised “construction” mentality to a standardised “site integration” mentality. This white paper compares the cost of both scenarios, presents the advantages and disadvantages of each, and identifies which environments can best leverage the facility module approach.
A decade or so ago, security wasn’t nearly as challenging as it is today. Users, data and applications were all centralized in data centers that, in effect, kept them contained within a network perimeter. This eBook outlines how the open enterprise has changed the role of security.
Many Asia-Pacific organisations lack or are hindered in their ability to integrate, analyse, and extract insights from multiple internal and external databases. When it comes to big data, Asia-Pacific organisations lag behind the U.S. and Europe in data warehouse, business intelligence, and analytics investments. But don’t expect that to last. Download to find out the big shifts in marketing strategies to improve behavioural targeting and personalisation.
Dense computing is becoming a common choice for IT managers who are struggling with sprawl and inefficiency in the data centre. This whitepaper looks at the basics of dense computing, the benefits of dense computing architecture and how to choose the right platform.
Big data, mobility, compute-intensive apps, virtualisation, and cloud computing tax enterprise servers and swiftly changed the face of enterprise IT. This guide prepares decision-makers to choose servers that meet their current needs, while building a flexible, reliable and scalable infrastructure, survive a constantly evolving IT infrastructure environment and explains the 6 factors they must keep in mind to handle future requirements.
An effective preventive maintenance strategy can be one of the most cost-effective measures you can take to ensure the ongoing health of both your critical equipment and overall business. Find out the most common causes of UPS failure, how regular maintenance practices so dramatically improve UPS reliability and performance, and the 10 elements an effective UPS maintenance plan should include.
This whitepaper looks at how huge energy consumption, enormous economic and internet usage growth, coupled with steadily rising energy costs are changing the way data centre operators and customers operate in APAC. Find out: how the rising cost of energy prices are being exposed as a leading driver for more efficient data centres, the risks of the growing gap in two-speed markets and what the future holds for data centre growth in the region.
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Join ME Bank, Deutsche Bank and Proofpoint (USA) speakers for a discussion on banking trojans. Register now
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- Hear from International Tom Corn on the future of security virtualisation | 28th July 2016 Victoria