Forbes Article: Oracle Sales Cloud is the Secret Sauce Behind Oracle's Success Read how Oracle Sales Cloud helped Oracle increase annual revenue to $37 billion.
There are four key characteristics that define big data: Volume, Velocity, Variety and Value. Volume and velocity aren't necessarily new problems for IT managers; these issues are just amplified today. The distinguishing characteristics of big data that do create new problems are the variety and low density value of the data. Learn more.
Leveraging data in innovative ways offers businesses unparalleled opportunities to understand and respond to the needs of a rapidly moving and changing market. Yet as an increasing volume of data from ever-growing numbers of sources pours into data centres, today’s enterprise is just as likely to drown in its data as it is to harness it for a strategic market advantage. Read more.
British Telecommunications depends heavily on its database infrastructure to support critical business applications. But the complexity of managing thousands of databases representing a mix of products, versions, operating systems, and hardware was taking a toll. Read more.
With Oracle audits on the rise, organisations that can best align license agreements with actual database and option usage can reduce their financial risk and maximise the value of their Oracle investments. The goal is to “right-size” Oracle across the enterprise and gain control over the entire license management process – from accurate needs projections and licensing negotiations, to deployments and audit preparation. Read on.
Optimised license management is a necessity for all licenses owned by the enterprise. While organisations are starting to understand their license position for the desktop estate, the reality is that licensing in the datacenter presents a daunting set of challenges that require a robust, automated license management solution. Learn about how to address the unique license management requirements of all enterprise IT environments including the desktop and the datacenter.
IBM provides thousands of products in its portfolio and uses a variety of license models, contract terms and conditions. These license models can be very complex, causing frequent confusion for organisations trying to grasp the concepts while maintaining license compliance. While at first IBM licensing may seem incomprehensible, some education on the license models and licensing scenarios will help minimise the confusion. In addition, a more automated approach to managing licenses enables organisations to gain control, reduce ongoing software costs and minimise license liability risks. Read on.
Software asset management (SAM) is a complex process that enables organisations to gain control of their software estate from both a license compliance and financial standpoint. In many organisations, SAM represents one of the few remaining ways that substantial IT savings can be realised. McKinsey and Sand-Hill Group estimate that 30% or more of IT budgets are consumed by software license and maintenance costs. By optimising the SAM process, organisations can maximise software utilisation, reduce the risk of non-compliance (audits, fees, penalties), and reduce overall IT costs by as much as 5 to 10% per year. Read on.
This paper provides the essential tips necessary to successfully deploy Oracle on VMware virtual infrastructure to enable database administrators (DBAs) to meet their performance and availability goals. Read on for more.
Oracle Enterprise Manager is Oracle’s solution for managing your applications. Whether you purchased Oracle packaged applications or you deployed custom-built applications using Oracle technology, Oracle Enterprise Manager offers unique capabilities to manage them across the entire Oracle stack. Read on.
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCContract System Analyst (CISCO/SSLVPN/Firewall) 160211/SA/551Asia
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTManual Software TesterNSW
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCIBM InfoSphere ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTJunior Software Developer- Complex Tax/ Superannuation SolutionNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
One of the biggest use cases for the cloud – in fact, the biggest, in the case of hosted private cloud – is for backup and disaster recovery. This white paper explores why the Cloud is well suited for Disaster Recovery and what organisations need to consider to ensure that Cloud DR is right for them.
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
- Nasdaq to use blockchain to record shareholder votes
- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- Intel SSDs may get speed, capacity boost with new Micron chips
- Five sue Apple over Error 53 and bricked iPhones
- AT&T to run field trials of 5G wireless in Austin this year
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
- Qualcomm hopes a gradual approach to server market will pay dividends
- VMware’s new management tools are hybrid, hybrid, hybrid
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
- Navy tests first ‘reversible’ clean energy fuel cell storage system
- Qualcomm's new LTE modem hits a gigabit and touches the future of mobile
- It's official: Older versions of IE are now at risk