Read how the University of Maryland University College boosted faculty and staff productivity by refreshing outdated computers and migrating to a standardized Windows 7 environment. • UMUC has the largest enrolment of any public university in the US and was one of the first universities in the US to offer online degree programs • The university operates a large distributed IT infrastructure with thousands of desktops • After upgrading its desktop environment, the number of help desk requests has fallen, and the volume of calls related to hardware failures has dropped significantly
- Facebook testing spartan Android 'Lite' service
- States threaten lawsuit against Obama's municipal broadband plan
- Simple Google search outed alleged Silk Road founder
- US startup finds malware intrusions by keeping an eye on processor radio frequencies
- Apple readies another crack at ending Yosemite's Wi-Fi ills
- Gartner foresees 250m connected vehicles on the road by 2020
- Facebook blocks content in Turkey deemed insulting to the Prophet Muhammad
- What is home automation and how do I get started?
- FTC: IRS imposter complaints up more than 2,300% in 2014
- What can I do with home automation?
- Broward County rolls out its own fiber ring, shifts to VoIP
- Apple Watch to go on sale in March, claims analyst
- AT&T to acquire Nextel Mexico assets for $1.9 billion
- Facebook in Turkey ordered to block material insulting Prophet Muhammad
- Motorola returns to China, touts phone customization