Bolstered by favorable economics, today’s global botnets are using distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks to target firewalls, web services, and applications, often simultaneously. This DDoS threat spectrum includes conventional network attacks, HTTP and SSL floods, and an emerging wave of low-bandwidth threats, plus the new threat vectors likely to target emerging service platforms.
- Almost 200,000 people may have been affected by US visa system crash
- One of Google's mysterious barges is on the move
- Who wins if Iliad buys T-Mobile?
- Most USB thumb drives can be reprogrammed to silently infect computers
- Windows Server 2003 support expiration could push sales next year
- NASA plans next-gen scientific tools for 2020 Mars rover
- Attackers exploit remote access tools to compromise retail systems
- US judge rules against Microsoft in email privacy case
- MongoDB snags key Oracle engineer
- FTC's in-app purchasing cases ignored consumer benefits, critics say
- Some SAP users remain unhappy with pricier Enterprise Support
- Twitter reports a rise in government data requests
- Report: CIA improperly accessed Senate computers
- HP gives OpenVMS new life
- French carrier Iliad offers to buy T-Mobile US