The cloud is transforming IT organisations with agility and efficiency but it still presents many challenges. Organisations have to strike the right balance between rationalizing their move to the cloud and overcoming barriers. Read on to consider how five challenges may impact your strategy.
Mobility has transformed the workplace. Laptops, smartphones and tablets not only enable an organization’s road warriors, but also create freedoms for all employees to stay connected whether at a conference, working from home, or even sitting in an airport terminal.
This paper outlines the 14 “best practice” tips to help manage the security threats you’re potentially facing. By downloading you’ll learn: • The steps you should follow to protect your organisation from security threats • The measures and policies you should have in place from start to finish • Plus, get an opportunity to get the full picture on the current internet security threat environment
If you're like most businesses, data loss is not an option. That's why you need a protection strategy for your VNX that includes backup. This whitepaper details the best options out there for enhanced data protection.
For backup to be protection of the last resort, it must reside on reliable and cost- effective protection storage.
With the industry's most efficient deduplication, you can store months of backups on disk and quickly recover the data you need when you need it.
Built-in data integrity protection includes end-to-end data verification, fault-detection and self-healing, and ensures recovery every time.
This whitepaper details how Protection Storage Architecture can provide a data protection platform that can evolve with business and technical requirements.
Over the next few years, IT will be faced with a new set of data protection challenges, centered on delivering multiple data protection services
Transformational architecture not only enables backup teams to solve immediate tactical challenges but also helps IT teams keep business applications running
Protection Storage Architecture has three core components: protection storage, data source integration and data management services
(Tags: data protection, storage architecture, integration, data management, recovery, backup)
This ESG study focuses on why, when it comes to data protection, visibility is the most significant key to success, and how to achieve a truly unified view. · According to the 2013 IT Spending Intentions Survey, improving data backup and recovery was the #2 most important IT priority selected by respondents
· Without far reaching visibility, infrastructure is guaranteed to miss backing up some servers, while potentially duplicating protection of others
· The clarity gained by a unified view is necessary for proactively reporting protection to stakeholders and compliance to auditors
How can you effectively manage your data backups when IT budgets are flat or declining? This whitepaper explains the technical and business reasons why one new innovative technology will change the way you do backups. • Traditional backups are too slow, inefficient, and unreliable for the typical data centre of today. • The definition of insanity is continuing to do the same thing over and over and expecting different results. It’s time to stop the insanity with your backup strategy. • A new solution can dramatically increase backup performance, reliability, operational and disaster recovery, and better leverages current infrastructure
This whitepaper pushes mid-sized businesses to rethink what’s possible for their data storage and protection, explaining how to experience enterprise-class performance at an entry-level price point.
• A simple user interface can perform all block-and file-oriented operations • Advanced efficiency services, such as thin provisioning and file deduplication with compression, reduce initial capacity requirements by up to 50% • Continuous fault detection and self-healing ensure data stays correct and returns correctly so that data is recoverable and accessible throughout its lifecycle
Mining company Teck Resources wanted to ensure high availability and responsiveness for its critical employee communications systems. To achieve this goal, Teck chose a comprehensive F5 traffic management and secure access solution that provides high availability and give users a more responsive experience.
Today’s security threats increasingly involve application-layer DDoS attacks mounted by organized groups of attackers to damage web-facing applications by exhausting resources. F5 BIG-IP ASM provides application-layer protection against DDoS attacks.
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- FTSenior C# .NET Developer (Focus WCF, MVC)VIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCProgrammer/Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Moblie) 160115/AP/P/vhaAsia
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- FTPHP ProgrammerSA
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
Internal and external disruptions can impede business continuity and result in negative repercussions for enterprise productivity and data resources. This whitepaper looks at how improved mobility access can shield companies from unprecedented risks, resulting in greater cost savings and enhanced workforce continuity. It also highlights the benefits of having a mobile workspace technology which enables the workforce to have access to apps, desktops and files in difficult situations. Included are four case studies where organisations are able to demonstrate a high level of business continuity with sound disaster recovery strategies in place.
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Dragula looks to take the bite out of drag-and-drop
- Mozilla sets kill date for Firefox OS on phones
- LTE-U’s cold war may be thawing, as field testing commences ahead of summit
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Fed up with bogus computer support calls, man turns tables on scammers
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
- SamsaraJS: Famo.us fork juices mobile Web UIs
- UN panel backs WikiLeaks' Julian Assange, but he may not go free
- The Neutrino exploit kit has a new way to detect security researchers
- 7 smartphone trends to watch this year
- What businesses need to know about Privacy Shield
- Box makes it easier for businesses to control encryption of cloud data