This IDC infographic looks at how flash is designed to meet the new levels of intelligence needed to help organisations develop applications that accelerate business innovation and how the increase in flash storage adoption will change the landscape by 2018.
This IDC research whitepaper looks at the three key APAC enterprise IT mega-trends that are driving digital transformation and the five aspects CIOs and their business peers will need to transform within their organisation to keep pace with the evolving landscape. Find out CxOs rising digital priorities, all-flash array adoption and performance specific to the region.
This whitepaper covers the 20 simple questions you must ask about all-flash arrays that will set you up for success in your data centre roll-out. These questions will help you cover your bases when choosing a solution, looking at everything from design and efficiency to customer service.
Opportunities to truly innovate are rare. Yet today, flash technology has created the opportunity to not only deliver massive I/O performance, but to transform ease-of-use, array capabilities, and business value. This whitepaper is a quick and concise guide to show how you can use all-flash storage to benefit your business.
Read how VMware found infrastructure that could handle hundreds of thousands of low-latency IOPS to service over 2500 concurrent active virtual machines.
· The infrastructure solution had to provision and deprovision labs with no impact on active students
· Platform resiliency was crucial
· With four all-flash arrays, results involved high levels of consistent and predictable IOPS performance under demanding workload conditions
This whitepaper examines some common practices in enterprise storage array design and discusses opportunities for improving enterprise storage strategy by thinking with random I/O rather than sequential. A good enterprise storage array attempts to sequentialise the workload seen by the hard drives, regardless of the native data pattern at the host level. A single Solid State Drive (SSD) is capable of random I/O that would require hundreds of hard drives to match. However, obtaining this performance from an SSD is challenging. A new class of enterprise data storage system doesn’t substitute flash, but engineers an entirely new array to unlock flash’s full performance potential and deliver array-based capabilities
This whitepaper reveals which vendor is demonstrating that it has appreciated the broad, long-term strategic importance of flash storage and is moving rapidly to both maximize and optimize its use across its portfolio. You could be forgiven for thinking flash storage is the saviour of the storage world, but the truth is far more about pragmatism than panacea. This is because flash is a technology, and not a market Solid-state storage has been around in some form or another for over three decades, but only in the last few years has it become widely adopted Looking ahead, the most successful vendors seem certain to be those that offer—in addition to a range of solutions—a hybrid approach
This helpful infographic details how Flash is transforming the way we think about storage and enabling innovation across IT, plus helps readers choose the best solutions for their business. Flash allows a new breed of applications, speed, leaner costs, and model efficiency Flexible options allow organizations to bring enterprise-level availability to mission critical, performance-intensive applications Experiencing the full effect of Flash depends on having the right architecture
Opportunities to truly innovate are rare. Yet today, flash technology has created the opportunity to deliver massive I/O performance, and transform ease-of-use, array capabilities, and business value. This quick guide demonstrates how flash can help to deliver more value at lower cost.
All-flash array can deliver unparalleled performance with in-line data services all the time A storage system based on scale-out architecture can grow according to your needs Performance, agility, scale, reliability, and advanced capabilities come together to transform IT operations
This comprehensive whitepaper details twenty simple yet crucial questions to ask vendors about all-flash arrays that can impact the success of your data centre roll-out.
Discuss the design, flexibility, and availability of all-flash array architecture The impacts on data, including global inline data reduction, deduplication and double failure data protection Consider how it weighs up to industry standards, such as overall performance and green efficiencies
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Visual VB.net) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
This eBook provides a broad overview of micro-segmentation in the data centre. After reading this , you’ll have a good basic understanding of micro-segmentation — like you’d get from a college-level 101 class, but far more interesting than Microbiology 101 or Microeconomics 101 (and not as difficult either)!
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- SD-WAN: What it is and why you’ll use it one day
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
- SCO vs. IBM legal battle over Linux may – finally – be finished
- Microsoft adds conservative release 'ring' to Windows 10 beta program
- 6 things you should know about Twitter's timeline change
- Microsoft lets cautious users try more of Windows 10’s leading edge
- Bill filed in Congress would ban encryption backdoors
- Networking company name change madness is upon us
- Browser maker Opera's board urges sale to Chinese collective for $1.2B
- A new IoT gateway design could be Bluetooth's ticket to the cloud
- LG's G5 smartphone to have 'always on' ability
- Data science achieves the ultimate ROI: A craft beer