Of those organizations that are able to detect attacks, more than 23% experienced 2 to 5 breaches or significant attacks in the past two years. Visibility holds the key to improved detection and response capabilities. Organizations need to understand their environment and what constitutes normal and abnormal behavior, train staff on how to use analytic tools and define the data they need to collect.
- Enterprises: Get ready to pay to go slow on Windows 10
- Dropbox buys Pixelapse to add version control for visual designers
- Drone flights near White House test local restrictions
- Mass surveillance 'endangers fundamental human rights,' says study
- Cisco's evolving software, cloud strategy will hinge on hardware
- Developers begin work on LibreOffice for Android
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Tuesday, January 27
- Computer simulation eases real-world Chinese traffic jams
- Link between NSA and Regin cyberespionage malware becomes clearer
- How not to waste your money on the second wave of 802.11ac wireless gear
- China signals censors will continue to crack down on VPN services
- Facebook, Instagram temporarily down in many countries
- Quantum bringing public cloud into virtual storage fold
- Data retention: Journalists decry 'Stasi‐like surveillance state'
- DEA cameras tracking hundreds of millions of car journeys across the US