Organizations today operate in a Faster Forward world, as they experience a shift towards an increasingly mobile workforce. Following this, an evolving stream of attackers are now targeting mobile devices where they can more easily access a larger number of high-value corporate and government assets. This paper will guide you through finding the right Web security partner that can improve efficiency while reducing risks and improving web experience.
As the world becomes increasingly hyperconnected, the opportunities for innovation are virtually limitless. At the same time, the complexity and risk associated with those opportunities is great. Security threats have the potential for enormous ramifications, but so does deploying a security strategy that compromises the user experience, performance, and the ability to innovate online. This paper will profile the emerging disruptive players, and identifies the essential steps to establishing a secure environment without compromising performance or experience.
As of September 2013, a new and vicious form of malware has been wreaking havoc. CryptoLocker belongs to a family of malware called “ransomware”, which is designed to extort money from victims by denying them access to their personal files. It targets all Windows Operating Systems, from Windows XP to Windows 8, and typically remains unnoticed by victims until it’s too late and the damage to their files is irreparable.
Read this white paper to learn why cloud-based security offers superior protection that meets
today’s requirements for identifying and preventing access to malicious sites and applications
while reducing management complexity and IT staff time and effort. This whitepaper discusses:
• Increased use of mobile devices and the associated risks
• Ways to address security challenges
• Benefits of cloud-based anti-malware solutions
In this white paper, we will outline the changing landscape of security; the importance of a high-security
posture; the elements of effective Web, endpoint, user and mobile protection; and the ways in which
Webroot helps partners increase the value and profitability of their security practices.
Cloud computing has fundamentally changed the way businesses and consumers use computers and technology and the way Information Technology (IT) professionals manage those resources. While the cloud has delivered a multitude of benefits to technical and non-technical people alike, there have also been significant downsides to reliance on cloud technology, including unplanned outages and even outright cyberattacks and data theft.
How MDM vendors, carriers, service providers and app stores can protect users
from malicious mobile apps
In this white paper, we will look at:
1. Why mobile attacks are exploding.
2. Options for protecting against malicious mobile apps.
3. The newest defense: mobile app reputation services.
4. The Webroot Mobile App Reputation Service.
In this white paper we will:
• Summarize the decline of Phishing 1.0.
• Discuss how phishing has turned toward business and become more costly.
• Outline the structure of new Phishing 2.0 attacks.
• Delineate how the new campaigns evade standard antiphishing countermeasures.
• Describe how web security services with real-time antiphishing capabilities can protect
against Phishing 2.0 attacks.
Closing the circle: Why you need to protect endpoints and mobile devices together
Endpoint protection has gotten more complicated
In this white paper we will discuss:
• Why traditional endpoints and mobile devices require overlapping (but not identical)
• How to enhance the protection of all endpoints by adding web security.
• Why today’s threats require that endpoint protection and mobile device protection
activities be moved to the cloud.
• How Webroot makes it easy to “close the circle” by managing endpoint protection,
mobile device protection and web security through one infrastructure.
It’s high time we tamed the monster we created! Against a backdrop of sustained and uncontrollable data growth, most of today’s operational problems revolve around backup and recovery. Understanding the hidden costs and implications for data protection strategies is critical, but the complexity of the nebulous and amorphous cloud can make everything hazy. This white paper breaks it down to different dimensions of virtualisation and how to deliver the productivity and flexibility it promises.
Copyright 2014 IDG Communications. ABN 14 001 592 650. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of IDG Communications is prohibited.