Everyone’s heard the line about the only inevitabilities in life being death and taxes. IT managers, however, would quickly assert a third absolute – higher storage needs. There’s no question data storage requirements continue to skyrocket, and there’s absolutely zero likelihood of that ending any time in our lifetime. Enterprises have successfully controlled their IT budgets and server sprawl issues with the help of virtualisation technologies, but what’s next? Increasingly, organizations are turning to storage consolidation for virtualised server environments in order to reduce data center costs and inefficiencies.
This whitepaper covers the 20 simple questions you must ask about all-flash arrays that will set you up for success in your data centre roll-out. These questions will help you cover your bases when choosing a solution, looking at everything from design and efficiency to customer service.
Snapshot-based data protection solutions were supposed to solve our backup challenges, weren't they? Then why are your backups still broken? If your snapshots are manually-managed or of the build-it-yourself variety, there may be several reasons that they aren't working very well. Learn more about the top reasons your snapshots are failing.
Big data, mobility, compute-intensive apps, virtualisation, and cloud computing tax enterprise servers and swiftly changed the face of enterprise IT. This guide prepares decision-makers to choose servers that meet their current needs, while building a flexible, reliable and scalable infrastructure, survive a constantly evolving IT infrastructure environment and explains the 6 factors they must keep in mind to handle future requirements.
Like a wildfire that quickly spreads as it increases speed and power, today's data growth increases the demand and management complexity of storage, backup and recovery. Imagine trying to stop that fire with a garden hose. Your legacy backup and recovery software is equally under-equipped to manage and facilitate operations that need more speed, efficiency, scalability and reliability to handle today's 24/7, always-on environment. Read about the benefits of moving from a solution comprised of multiple legacy point products to a holistic data protection platform designed to serve today's enterprise environment.
With more and more employees downloading free, consumer-grade apps to access work files from mobile devices, your enterprise may be at risk for a security breach. Learn the requirements to ensure mobile file sharing does not jeopardize your organization's data security or compliance mandates.
The data center has gone through several major evolutionary changes over the past several decades, and each change has been defined by major shifts in computing. The shift to a virtual data center will be the single biggest transition in the history of computing. This transition will reshape all the major data center tiers: applications, storage, servers and the network. This paper examines the drivers of this transition, provides real-world case studies and includes data centre fabric best practices.
The purpose of any taxonomy is to enable the subject matter to be studied better. This paper presents a data protection taxonomy, that is, a classification of aspects relevant to data protection, that the industry is encouraged to use as a reference when asking and answering questions about data protection. This taxonomy is defined in terms of who, where, what, why, and how. Read on.
Many Asia-Pacific organisations lack or are hindered in their ability to integrate, analyse, and extract insights from multiple internal and external databases. When it comes to big data, Asia-Pacific organisations lag behind the U.S. and Europe in data warehouse, business intelligence, and analytics investments. But don’t expect that to last. Download to find out the big shifts in marketing strategies to improve behavioural targeting and personalisation.
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCFusion Middleware DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Military jets, subs, bases and networksACT
- CCOracle Test LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCOPA Developer (Oracle Policy Automation)ACT
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- FTJunior Software Developer- Complex Tax/ Superannuation SolutionNSW
This whitepaper looks at the security gaps and disconnects in organisations, how network virtualisation can help to reduce risk and support a higher-level security strategy and why micro-segmentation provided through network virtualisation paves the way for implementing a Zero Trust model.
- These are the fastest growing IT jobs
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Most enterprises plan to boost Cloud use this year
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- GitHub apologizes for ignoring community concerns
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
- Nasdaq to use blockchain to record shareholder votes
- Pwn2Own contest puts US$75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- Intel SSDs may get speed, capacity boost with new Micron chips
- Five sue Apple over Error 53 and bricked iPhones
- AT&T to run field trials of 5G wireless in Austin this year
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together