This Guide features the following:
- Cloud leads five storage trends for 2011
- Most IT managers plan to adopt cloud storage
- Storage virtualization buying guide
- Virtual machine management (VMM)
- Cloud storage a steep climb
- Building a better business backup system
- Server virtualization: Six management myths
In the past, most VMware® customers started their virtualization journey with the “easy applications”, such as test/dev environments and infrastructure applications. Starting at the low-end of the application spectrum helped customers to minimize risk while quickly virtualizing 20 percent to 30 percent of their infrastructure. Read on.
Virtualization has evolved rapidly since it first began to be used on x86 servers in 2003,
mainly for test and development. By 2007, the second generation, Virtualization 2.0,
was under way, and the focus was consolidating production applications. Read on.
Copyright 2013 IDG Communications. ABN 14 001 592 650. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of IDG Communications is prohibited.