Pekin Insurance, a large Midwestern insurance policy provider with 1,200 agencies and 7,500 independent agents, is always striving to better serve its customers. Pekin wanted to give its growing number of tech-savvy customers direct online access to policy and billing information. To do that, Pekin launched a new web application, called My PI that would deliver a self-service customer portal.
- Larry Ellison learns to love "the cloud"
- In Pictures: America’s richest techies
- A year later, Ellison apologizes for standing up his customers
- Nextdoor, an app for connecting with neighborhoods, puts on its police cap
- How one user (successfully) managed the Amazon cloud reboot
- Here's what's in Asus' $2,699 Zenbook NX500 laptop
- Ex-NSA director Alexander calls for new cybersecurity model
- Eric Holder says 'worrisome' tech companies are eyeing encryption
- Microsoft unveils 'spiritual successor' to Windows 7 by going to 10
- What you need to know about social-network upstart Ello
- Mercedes-Benz shows off self-driving 18-wheeler
- IPsoft seeks to grow the 'brains' of virtual assistants
- Microsoft skips a number, says 'Windows 10' will be a big break from the past
- Q&A: Meet Microsoft's new Azure CTO, Mark Russinovich
- China's 3D printing market to quadruple