Cloud security firm Skyhigh Networks has taken space in the Equinix Sydney data centre SY1 and opened a regional office in the city.
The vendor plans to help Australian and New Zealand organisations use cloud services such as Office 365 while complying with data privacy regulations.
“With the local data centre in Sydney, financial services organisations can take advantage of cloud services and meet the guidelines recommended by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority,” said Skyhigh Networks CEO Rajiv Gupta.
For example, banks in Australia must keep data within country to meet regulations.
“As employees across the globe embrace the cloud, organisations look for a service that delivers comprehensive visibility, usage analytics and policy enforcement,” he said.
Follow Hamish Barwick on Twitter: @HamishBarwick
- Data centre architecture needs to change, says VCE CTO
- Fujitsu data centres gain NABERS ratings
- IBM opens SoftLayer Sydney data centre
- Data centre operators investing in NABERS ratings
- Telstra to resell SoftLayer IaaS services
- In brief: Lakeside Software opens Sydney office
- Free, city-wide IoT network launched in Sydney