NativeScript 6.0 introduces the following capabilities and improvements:
- Build speeds that are 30 percent faster for Android. Startup times for iOS are 10 percent faster.
- Flexible layouts have been added, such as TabView, giving users the ability to make more intricate layouts with less code.
- Full integration with the webpack module bundler for all NativeScript apps, ensuring the best file size and performance for any chosen architecture.
- Faster go-to-market for new app versions due to a streamlined store approval process.
- Support for Angular 8 and the Ivy renderer.
- A new dark theme is supported to coincide with the dark mode available in iOS 13.
- The ability to consume third-party libraries in iOS.
- Support for the Android X library.
Progress has posted instructions on how to begin using NativeScript.