iPhone 4S most popular iPhone ever
- 02 December, 2011 04:50
Apple iPhone 4S owners rated their smartphones higher than did people using last year's iPhone 4, according to a pollster..
According to a survey conducted by ChangeWave Research in early November of more than 200 U.S. iPhone 4S owners, 77 per cent said they were "very satisfied" with the device, with another 19 per cent pegging "somewhat satisfied" for their answer.
Altogether, 96 per cent of iPhone 4S users agreed that they were satisfied with their phones.
Both the very satisfied and total rankings were higher than those reported by iPhone 4 owners in a July 2010 poll taken, like the 4S survey, just weeks after the device's launch.
Last year, 72 per cent of iPhone 4 owners reported they were very satisfied, while another 21 per cent said they were somewhat happy with their smartphone, for a total score of 93 per cent.
Apple regularly trounces all rivals in the smartphone satisfaction surveys done by ChangeWave.
Consumers ranked Siri, the iPhone 4S' new voice-activated personal assistant, as the top reason why they liked their new phone, even though Siri remains in beta and balks at answering some questions.
Forty-nine percent of the iPhone 4S owners put Siri at the top of their list as the iPhone 4S' best feature. In second place was "ease of use," with 39 per cent, followed by the device's eight-megapixel camera (33 per cent) and "faster Web browsing" (24 per cent).
Those same iPhone 4S owners ranked poor battery life as their top disappointment, no surprise considering the large volume of complaints over the device's power consumption.
According to reports posted on Apple's support forum, the iPhone 4S rapidly runs through its battery. One thread on the forum has logged more than half-a-million views and sports over 6,000 messages, enormous numbers for the company's support discussions.
Last month, Apple updated iOS to fix the battery problem, but most users said iOS 5.0.1 had not changed things for them, and in some cases drained their phones' batteries even faster.
When ChangeWave polled iPhone 4S users shortly before Apple issued iOS 5.0.1, two-in-five said they had seen reduced battery life.