NTT Australia restructures into one-stop IT shop
- 11 November, 2013 10:59
NTT Communications has rebranded down under, combining NTT Australia, Harbour MSP and Frontline Systems into one entity called NTT Com ICT Solutions.
The single company will sell cloud, networking, managed and on-premise services.
NTT Communications took a 70 per cent share of the Australian company Frontline Systems in May 2011 and expects to acquire the remaining 30 per cent in about a half year’s time. Harbour MSP is a Frontline subsidiary.
The Japanese telco has said it sees the Australian market as one of the leading growth markets in the Asia Pacific. In this country, the company has a particular focus targeting multinational companies—both from Australia and abroad—that have bases in Australia.
“We implemented the first phase of our refreshed business model earlier this year and the coming together of Frontline Systems Australia, Harbour MSP and NTT Australia, under one name is a continuation of our regional strategy,” said Monte Davis, CEO of the new NTT entity.
“One of the major benefits to customers is one point of contact–rather than the hassle of dealing with multiple suppliers.”
NTT has invested $15 million this year in an effort to enhance its services, spending $2 million for security, $5 million on public cloud and $8 million for on-premise utility computing. NTT has also added 12 people to its Australian staff in 2013.
NTT plans to add new premises in Sydney and the Melbourne CBD, Davis said.
“We have ambitious expansion plans targeting areas of growing demand such as cloud, security and our ‘as a service’ offerings; and the launch of a unified company will help us expand in these areas,” he said.
Follow Adam Bender on Twitter: @WatchAdam