Nginx debuts app server for microservices
- 04 April, 2018 08:12
Nginx, makers of the popular Nginx open source web server, will begin shippin on April 12 a multilingual application server called Nginx Unit. It has also upgraded its Nginx Plus application server and announced a new control plane.
Nginx Unit 1.0
Microservices are simplified via Nginx Unit because a single instance can simultaneously serve multiple application types, the company said. Nginx Unit also has networking capabilities such as reverse-proxying.
Nginx Plus R15
Nginx has also upgraded its Nginx Plus, the commercial version of its web server platform. Nginx Plus R15:
- enhances its API gateway, with better support for authentication, and uses OpenID Connect for services communications.
- provides an identity layer on top of the OAuth 2.0 authorization protocol.
- improves clustering for handling of multiple-instance connections via its load-balancing capabilities
- adds HTTP/2 enhancements specific to server push, for more proactive push of data to the client for microservices networking,
- adds more support for the gRPC remote procedure call framework.
Nginx Controller R1
Nginx has also introduced Nginx Controller R1, a control plane for configuring an Nginx tool. A commercial product, it features monitoring dashboards as well as alerting and management of Nginx software instances. It is also scheduled to ship on April 12.
Where to download Nginx’s new servers
You can dowload beta versions of Nginux Unit and Controller now; the production versions will be available from the same location as of April 12.