NetApp India is at the forefront of storage innovation. The company is now aggressively targeting the mid-size business tier in India with new offerings. We talk to Syed Masroor, head-technology and solutions organisation, try to understand NetApp's vision and how competition is failing to tap the mid-size businesses storage market. We also probe him about the storage trends the company is seeing in India.
Stories by Ershad Kaleebullah
Microsoft Windows 8 Appfest, held at Karnataka Trade Promotion Organization (KTPO) in the outskirts of Bangalore, set a new Guinness world record as 2567 app developers coded for 18 hours straight. However, Microsoft had expected at least 3500 developers to last through the attempt.
VMware has snapped up Big Data Analytics tool Log Insight, a product of Pattern Insight. Pattern Insight stated that the team and technology will make a move to VMware headquarters.
Big Data implementation for organisations is driven by the need for a faster response time, enterprise-wide risk management and on demand risk analytics for a variety of purposes stated Sudipta Ghosh, Associate Director, Consulting-BI, PwC India at the recently concluded Computerworld India IT Roadmap three-city conference.
IBM has announced a definitive agreement to acquire Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania based Vivisimo. The privately held company is a provider of federated discovery and navigation software that helps organizations access and analyze big data across the enterprise. Financial terms for the deal were not disclosed.
- Java Developer VIC
- Test Team Lead-Port Macquarie NSW
- Senior .Net Developer NSW
- Technical/ Architecture Java Lead VIC
- Technical Security Policy Expert NSW
- Deputy Chief Engineer - Defence Systems - IT Services - Sydney Based NSW
- Radio Design Engineer VIC
- Technical Architect - Oracle Identity and Access Management - CANBERRA BASED VIC
- Data Center Storage & Backup Engineer WA
- Information Security Accreditations Advisor Other