My Top Ten Worst Uses for Windows post last week caused somewhat of a firestorm of reaction. It is worth pointing out that for the most part I am not really criticizing Windows just the use of a bloated OS for simple or mission critical tasks.
Stories by Richard Stiennon
After all these years I am willing to admit that Microsoft has won the desktop and server wars. Thanks to VMWare Windows is spreading throughout the datacenter. And, of course, there is only one operating system to use if you are dependent on Microsoft apps like Outlook, Word, and Excel. While I have joined the chorus of security folks who rail against the Microsoft Monoculture I still cannot believe some of the uses for Windows. Some of them are just downright silly, some you may claim are criminally negligent.
- Software Engineer SA
- Integration Specialist QLD
- Senior .NET Engineer - Back-End NSW
- PHP Developer VIC
- Network Lead Acrhitect ACT
- Integration Analyst VIC
- Senior Analyst, Technical Support NSW
- Junior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE Developer QLD
- Security/ Penetration Test Analyst QLD
- UX Researcher - Contract NSW