Dell's latest update to the Compellent Storage Center includes a novel approach to tiered SSDs, but it comes with caveats
Stories by Matt Prigge
HP’s LeftHand P4000 Virtual SAN Appliance offers a wealth of flexibility with a few caveats
EMC is easily the largest enterprise storage player on the planet, with more worldwide storage revenue than its two closest competitors (IBM and NetApp) combined. But no matter how popular EMC's high-end Symmetrix and VNX product lines have been with large customers, EMC was rarely considered a great choice for the small-to-midsize-business sector.
Open source software has had a foothold in the enterprise monitoring sphere for almost as long as open source has existed. One only needs to look at the sheer ubiquity of small applications such as MRTG (Multi Router Traffic Grapher) and its RRDTool back end to see that. What we haven't had from open source is the big application -- the comprehensive, community supported open source enterprise management suite that provides the depth and breadth of functionality that businesses need and generally find in closed-source competitors. That is changing in leaps and bounds. In fact, open source enterprise monitoring solutions are evolving so quickly, we won't even try to declare a clear winner yet -- but we're working on it.
- Technical Services Administrator VIC
- Security Cleared Network Engineer ACT
- Service Desk Coordinator VIC
- Mid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location) Other
- Junior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE Developer VIC
- Integration Analyst VIC
- Business Architect/Strategy Analyst VIC
- MICROSOFT DYNAMICS CRM ARCHITECT ? NV1 CLEARANCE REQUIRED ACT
- Microsoft Dynamics AX ? Technical Architect QLD
- Mitel Unified Communication engineer. ACT