On November 6, Sam Palmisano, chairman, president & CEO of IBM, made an important speech entitled "The Smart Planet: The Next Leadership Agenda" at the Council of Foreign Relations in New York City. That speech is only now getting public press attention.
Stories by Frank Dzubeck
It seems that every decade or so I get the opportunity to write an article on IT deja vu. This time around, the topic is cloud computing, which is the latest IT buzz word.
For the past six months, our offices have been part of the brave new world of virtualization. Not of servers, storage or networks but of the next-generation desktop. The rationale for the original decision to virtualize the desktop was to offer the staff operating-system and application flexibility while maintaining governance, manageability and control of the corporate environment.
All of a sudden "green" is the "in" color. In 2007 the IT industry embraced the green data center concept. What followed was an avalanche of PR from vendor after vendor claiming that they were greener than their competitors.
- Senior Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) Developer- CANBERRA BASED VIC
- Technical Architect - Oracle Identity and Access Management ACT
- Junior-Mid level .Net/Front-End Developer NSW
- Technical Writer NSW
- Junior-Mid level .Net/Front-End Developer (Brisbane) NSW
- Microsoft Dynamics XRM / CRM .Net Developer WA
- Network Architect SA
- Technical/ Architecture Java Lead - Move to Melbourne NSW
- Web Developer/ PHP Developer QLD
- Solutions Architect NSW