Microsoft has announced that it will cut its workforce by up to 18,000 jobs, or 14 per cent, in the next year, as part of a broad effort to streamline the company in the wake of its acquisition of phone-maker Nokia.
Stories by Elizabeth Heichler and Peter Sayer
Motorola plunged to a US$397 million loss in the third quarter, unable to control costs to match its declining revenue. The company announced plans to cut costs by $800 million in 2009, but has postponed plans to sell its loss-making mobile devices division until 2010. Instead, it will revamp its product line to focus on phones running software from Google and Microsoft.
- Senior MySQL Database Administrator - Sydney QLD
- SEPM Security Engineer WA
- Senior Analyst Programmer C++ NSW
- Security Leads - $800 per day Other
- Senior Analyst Programmer VIC
- Middleware Developer - IBM Websphere QLD
- DevOps Engineer NSW
- Clinical IT Support Consultant - Medication Management - Permanent - North Ryde NSW
- Backend Java Developers NSW
- Application Developer - Sterling Integrator VIC